DW Pierce Melee Valdun Tactician

How are you guys dual wielding as a tactician? I thought the only way was through nightblade.

Direwolf Crest legendary medal allows dual wield melee weapons.

Ahh definitely don’t have one of those. I’m way too new. >< Easy to obtain?

Pretty sure it’s still very viable.

Just like any other legendary - farming and praying for good drops.

From the looks of it after the nerf - definitely solid.

EDIT: Following Dragon’s advice, still tinkering with Shield build by the way. I feel like there are ways to improve beyond the scope of things…

So… if anyone still doubts this build after the hotfix - here you go. Tested it on some real big guns this time.

Guardian of Dreeg Kill - I forgot how much I fucking hate this guy.

Guardian of Solael Kill

Guardian of Bysmiel Kill

Rashalga Kill (Mad Queen) - tanked her retaliation aura with no problems. Don’t forget to unequip Blades of Wrath if you have them

Troll King Kill

Sentinel Kill

Still looking for Nemesises, Iron Maiden, Fabius, Valdaran in particular.

Next Major Update: Significantly improved the Shield version of the build.
Big thanks to Stupid Dragon, who helped me with devotions!

Futher Update: Added BiS 2H Range Cadence Pierce Build.

There’s only 1 or 2 builds left I want to try, as soon as they will be done, I will start the process of revising the guide.

my current build:

i used that octavius set, but changed it to this 2hd ranged build

using mythical silverbolt

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwRR1JV

highest crit before the “nerf” ~420k

now its ~290k

Just created a blank character and tested for a bit. You right, Silverbolt IS actually better for this build. Mainly because of +2 to All Skills, I managed to max all my damaging passives.

The nerf is pretty steep, true, but not that of a catastrophe, though.

What are your kill times on mad Queen and how’s the trash clear speed?

For Mad Queen it varies. Sometimes, when she feels generous, it’s 8-12 seconds kill, but sometimes her retaliation bullshit is a bit too much, so you have to back up a little before returning to fight. I’ll try to record a successful one and post here soon.

Trash clear speed is fast as fuck. You Blitz into the pack, apply Death Sentence - watch the stuff literally melt. I said earlier that I tested this build on minor bosses, like Krieg, Salazar, Alkamos - they all die incredibly quickly.

I still haven’t tried expansion content and Nemesises, though. So that’s that.

Hey, awesome build, almost at level 100 and loving it. I was just wondering if you could go through your different component choices for different slots and explain why you landed on that one. Either way, thanks for the great little build write-up! :smiley:

No problem man, glad you liked it! I’m currently in testing with my retaliation build - there are only 2 Nemesises left to kill, so basically, when they are finished, and my retaliation guide will be complete, I will return to finish this one.

Here’s my current set-up in HC : http://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkByXdZ

The killing speed is ok considering my OA (go up to 3.5k with deadly aim) and Crit (go up to 74% with deadly aim) and I could probably try to get Cadence higher (currently lvl 19). I got some gear idea I wanna try like 3 pieces of Belgothian or 1 or 2 piece of Warborn. Still I like my currrent set-up :smiley:

While using that gear set-up I have 67% physical resist PogChamp :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I had blitz maxed but I’m currrently testing Fighting form at 12 with 4 Targets and some other skill overcap to enhance a bit more cadence instead. Killing speed seems about the same but you don’t have the knockdown of blitz (well you have it but you don’t use as much blitz for dps if you don’t max it) which is a good things when you wanna stay winthin the sceal for more dps/damage absorption.

That’s no bad at all. I don’t play hardcore, but this build is good. The only problem I have with this is low chance of blocking and block recovery in comparison to damage blocked.

Well while playing in Duo I facetanked the end boss and I facetanked the boss from the Secret quest. I’m not too worry to be honest!

This was Ultimate, of course, right? If so, congratulations on adapting the build to hardcore. How was AoM on this one, by the way?

Thanks, was pretty good. Super tanky.
As I said, I did the whole game from lvl 1 to lvl 100 with another person doing the same build. It was pretty solid.

Btw I’m about to try this, new medal and new pants for cadence at 26
Getting better and better over time :slight_smile:

Time for a little update on this.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2d14Q5V

Attention! This is a new build for DW Pierce Tactician!

The first thing you may notice is that we lose quite a bit of damage, but at the same time we gain a whole LOT in survivability. Reason? Ashes of Malmouth expansion. It’s hard, it’s unforgiving, so I’m willing to sacrifice a bit of damage for increased chance to actually complete this madness.

I’m also glad to say that I’m practically finished with Retaliation, so as soon as I get Reaper of Souls and Grava, I’m immediately returning to this build.