DW Pierce Melee Valdun Tactician

Love the revised DW build, going to start a Tactician based on it. Any idea how it performs in the Crucible?

@Autentist

Yes, the build seems pretty nice, please somebody inform how is it doing in crucible.

Also what is the dps with perma buffs on? It doesnt show on grimtools.

And one last thing, how would you compare this DW version of the build to Superfluff’s belgothian DW blademaster? That one seems to have similar stats to this one, and seems to be pretty fast clear from the crucible video he provided.

Thanks!

Guys, I have no flipping idea on how this character will perform in Crucible. And frankly, I don’t want to know, since I consider it the absolute cancer, a time wasting slogfest. It’s my personal opinion, of course, but here it is.

But here’s some thoughts. Before the nerf, this build, as far as I know, was at the top of Crucible, completely crushing it with ridiculous damage and crits. After the nerf it suffered, but not so much.
I got ~118k DPS on the sheet of my character with all the buffs on, so you can imagine it’s strength.
This version was tweaked for more defence, so the damage would be lower, however, it also gives bigger opportunities to survive in Gladiator.

So my answer is yes. It absolutely can beat Gladiator. The time is completely irrelevant to me, though.

Ok I understand and thanks for the info.

How about the other question, I want to build a good DW toon and I am torn between your valdun DW tactician and Superfluff’s DW belgothian blademaster.
But I need to know pros and cons of both, if you could take a look at that post and let us know what you think it would be awesome!

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2pJbYKZ

Adjusted the build a bit.

Depends on actually what you want. For starters, Fluff’s one, I believe, was meant as a Crucible famer, as that abysmally low DA will bite character’s ass in the main game, if he is not quick enough.
Then, according to Big Z, Whirling Blades broken ability to stack several devotions is getting removed, so his build will lose it’s blender ability as well. Mine was relying on a little bit different setup from the start though, so I believe this nerf won’t touch mine that much.

However, if comparing damage with his build, for example, his is obviously superior, because he was going in it from the start. Mine is more focusing on defence, and I pumped every point into Physique for more sustain.

In the end of the day, these two builds, albeit similar in aspects, focus on different things and based upon different playstyles. I prefer more calm and relaxing gameplay, while Fluff, as he himself said, prefers more reckless, fast approach.

Ok i understand, thanks for explaining! I will probably go with Tactician DW.
However i got some questions if you care to explain :smiley:

• The build got a decent damage nerf (through valdun set nerf). If we say that it was absolutely destroying content before nerf and gave it a 10/10 in a scale of 10, what would you give it now after nerf in the same scale? Do you think it still is a top endgame build?
    Also on the nerf talking, when you say its not going to be so much affected by the new nerf of stacked devotions, what exactly do you mean, did you have on hit devotions on buffs or not?

• I like the ranged vesion a lot too, and i see you dont use valduns rifle to get the complete set bonus which is aoe fragments on cadence if i am not mistaken, isnt that too good to pass?

• Would you recommend leveling as a 2H modded force wave OR blade arc? which do you think is better for single target dmg too?
    Also is there a way to lvl up with rifle and be decent on aoe?

Thats it!
Thanks!

I wouldn’t say it was decent… just enough to pull this build from space down to Earth. The problem is, the crit damage was up to 300k+, which was completely insane, so Crate had to step in.
I would give it 9/10, at least. It still has very high damage output, but with this adjustment I also took care about survivability as well. I don’t like glass cannons characters. However, it can also can be adjusted for damage as well, since just the day before yesterday I tested it on the entire vanilla content. It absolutely destroyed Fabius, tanked Rashalga and the clear speed was enormous. Those 118k DPS is AFTER the nerf you know.
About the nerf - Whirling Blades aura from Seal of Blades can actually be used twice, so there are 2 Auras, which can be inserted in devotions. The problem is, it somehow triggered other devotions effects on attack, which resulted in chain buffing. It’s like you use one devotion procs, but instead 3-4 are used simultaneously.

Fragments are nice, but Silverbolt has +2 to All skills, allowing us to max our damaging passives. It also has a nice aura, which helps in expac a lot.

Forcewave all the way.
Yes, you need to max Fighting Form from Cadence line. It will pierce though enemies and even kill ones that are off-screen.

Hey, I’m currently leveling a Tactician and I was wondering if any of these 3 builds are less gear dependent than the others? I know you state that they are extremely expensive in the description, but I’m wondering whether it’s possible to play one of them without all of the specified gear pieces, or rather how well would they perform? Or would it be better to farm some gear on a more gear independent char first?

Thanks in advance! Great looking builds by the way, keep up the good work :slight_smile:

You can swap shoulders for either Belgothian or Warborn. First one is preferable. Barbaros for pants and Boneshatter for boots, for example. The ones builds have is BiS, endgame variant, which requires extensive farming, that’s why they’re expensive.
They will perform completely fine. Of course if you want, you can farm your gear on a less dependent character, that would probably be a much safer and faster approach.

Hey man thanks for all!

How do you lvl up with Focewave? just spam it and thats it? No cadence no other skill whatsoever?
I am interested also in lvling up with rifle, do you think Fighting Form is enough to take care the aoe needed?

How well would you say this build performs without bis gear? Which of the three styles would you prefer? Thinking of trying this out, but since i’m (again) missing the crazy green items this build seems to utilize i wonder how it works without.

You max everything in it’s line, including Tremor for infinite spamming - get good 2H weapon - profit.
If you can position mobs in clear straight line of sight, then sure, go for it. Me personally, not a fan.

It performs fantastic. Go for equipment with Pierce Damage, cap resists where needed.
I prefer pure melee DW. I was never a fan of constant kiting, although, 2H Cadence Pierce does allow some freedom in this case thanks to IS, but definitely not on Ultimate, definitely not always.

All I can say is, I LOVE having accsss to GoG.

…as well as having the prescience to download the 1.0.2.0 files day one. :wink:

It makes finding the time to level this build so much more leisureful.

No auto-updates FTGDMFW.

between this one and belgothian infitraitor which build is better? (does more damage, better survivor, less gear dependent…)

Looks great, gonna lvl one up. Thanks for your work

Infiltrator would have 100% more damage, due to it having access to more DW pierce specialized techniques and -100% pierce RR. And since this builds needs to farm more MIs to endgame, I would also say that it is less gear dependant.

This build, however, definitely has better sustain and survivability in the long run. Infiltrators often go full Cunning sacrificing DA, which will surely bite them in the ass in expac. Not to mention we have Soldier class, the best class suited for survivability period. So while we have enough OA to maintain very high damage and constant crits, we also can feel comfortable for quite some time.

And yes, this is propaganda. Use this build.

Would you go for Deaths Vigil or kymons chosen?

If i choose to go with 2H ranged build, how would my aoe dmg/clear be?
and please dont tell me i have to align the mobs in a line for the cadence to pierce it…

It makes no difference. You can choose both on different playthrough, since Vigil allows Inquisitors in their ranks, thankfully.

It would be alright… if you can align them in straight line, yes, since this is how Cadence pierces through it’s targets.
If you don’t want to go with FW as leveling tool, use Word of Pain instead. It will clear all trash in literal seconds.

Also, for fuck’s sake, I forgot to add augment to the hat again, fuck me. Added.

No, not for leveling.

If i chose to go with your 2H ranged build variation for endgame, what is my aoe clearing skill? Aligning mobs for cadence to pierce in order to clear them is very far from optimal aoe, actually its torture lol.

So what is the aoe clear we got for ranged build variation?