DW Trozan breaker (6 comets!) - Capable of clearing 170 buffed and bannered with NO health potions

Thanks to marzuk, cryoo, heatwave, and colasson for being homies. And thanks to the veterans for answering all my damn questions. :rolleyes:
GT link (BB chaining/Mirror focused; This is the build used in the video): https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2pKEnKN
GT link* (DPS focused; much better cleartime with similar clear rate when used with potions): https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2Je9r8N
YT video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtFeF60a4oI&feature=youtu.be

*Creds to ptir for always taking the time to pimp my builds.

Preface
The spellbreaker has always been my favorite class. This is ironic because it is arguably the most item dependent class, and I hate item dependency.

As a crafter, I make it a point to try and use no more than 2, or 3 greens in my guides, exceeding this self-imposed restriction only with my showcase builds.

But I digress.

The goal of this build was to create an item independent breaker capable of smashing 170.

And honestly, Trozan’s starkeeper should have been designed to look like a mop, because this spec CLEANS up.

To prove my point, I did a buffed/bannered 150-170 run with 0 potions, and successfully cleared it on my first try. I am confident that this is a spec capable of doing 170 with 3x buffs.

Offense
A quick word on TSS before I go on listing the offensive features of this build - Since any skill modifiers adding flat damage to TSS applies to all projectiles, we can effectively multiply this damage bonus by increasing the number of projectiles.

1. 3k-3.1k OA depending on rolls.
  2. Chillspikes with a sheet dps of ~140k and 55% pierce to cold conversion
  3. 6x TSS projectiles, -0.4s, +220 cold damage, +25-80 lightning damage
  4. 91% RR

Defense…
…is rather lackluster I’m sad to say. Manageable, but lackluster.
With ~10.5k hp (11k if you swap out seal of annihilation with seal of ancestry), and poorly overcapped aether and fire resists, don’t expect to tank hordes of nems with this spec.

1. 21% phys res, 1.9k armor, 100% absorption
  2. 3.1-3.2k DA
  3. 28% CDR + Belgothian’s carnage + Aeon’s = Reliable Mirror/BB chaining
  4. 41% dodge, 30% fumble
  5. 12% damage reduction
  6. 12/12 Maiven’s

Alternative itemization options
I feel that this is a very versatile build, with many options depending on the pilot’s playstyle preference:

1. Amulet: Iskandra’s focusing prism, Unseeing eye of the blind assassin, Conduit of arcane whispers (with TSS bonus)
  2. Glove/pants: Mythical eastern set
  3. Rings: Epic alkamos set, Eternal haunt, Allagast’s stormgem

This is a budget breaker I drew up for players to use as a frame of reference: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZR4glB2

Please also look at the changes made in the devotion pathing.

Devotions
Again, this is very versatile. I’ve tried out 2 variations - and both are VERY good, with me leaning towards the second one.
EDIT: I’m including a third devotion path option as suggested by Ptir

1. Aeon’s + SoTH version (this is the one used in the video)
    a. Chaos crossroad
    b. Jackal, viper, eel, hound, sailor’s guide, Watchtower
    c. Eldritch crossroad, Ascendant crossroad
    d. Quill, hawk,
    e. Crown - bind to phantasmal blades
    f. Rumor - Bind to TSS
    g. Remove hawk, and eldritch + ascendant crossroads.
    h. 4 nodes into blizzard - Bind to chillspikes
    i. Aeon’s - Bind to Transmuted Callidor’s
    j. Spear of the heavens
    k. 1st node of lion. (Just a quirk of mine - I think 8 DA is worth 1% hp).

2. Aeon’s + Widow + DG
    a. Chaos crossroad
    b. Jackal, viper, eel, sailor’s guide, Watchtower
    c. Eldritch crossroad, Ascendant crossroad
    d. Quill, hawk
    e. Crown - bind to phantasmal blades
    f. Rumor - Bind to TSS
    g. Remove hawk, and eldritch + ascendant crossroads.
    h. 4 nodes into blizzard - Bind to chillspikes
    i. Widow - Bind to RoS
    j. Aeon’s - Bind to Transmuted Callidor’s
    k. 1st 3 nodes of DG + 1st node of Lion

Aeon’s + Amatok + Ultos
a. All crossroads EXCEPT order
b. Quill, Scholar’s light, Crown - Bind to Phantasmal blades
c. Remove eldritch & ascendant crossroads
d. Eel, 4 points into Blizzard - Bind to chillspikes
e. Vulture, Rumor - Bind to RoS
f. Ultos (ignore chaos res node) - Bind to TSS
g. Sailor’s guide, hound, solemn watchtower
h. Aeon’s - Bind to callidor’s

A weird thing I did in my build
I put one point in PB so as to be able to reliably proc elemental storm from a distance (85% chance per projectile).

Thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

I remember playing this concept before AoM and it practically just deletes MQ though the squishiness turned me off. Was glad when the expansion stuffed more projectiles to Trozan set and this just became a lot better. Congrats for another great build!

Maybe it’s just me, but I feel that you and I craft builds in an eerily similar way. :stuck_out_tongue:

Git outta mah head.

Try https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN4W7nmZ this setup, should perform better . :wink:

Lol didn’t make that build though. Just copied that during my noob days.

Interesting…so we bypass Mirror/BB chaining entirely using heals?

That’s something worth looking into for sure. Quick question - do you find having both giant’s blood and chariot a waste?

I’ve tried running both in previous builds, and find a lot of waste occurs when both proc after I get hit by something insignificant like ghost crabs.

I also did consider lethal assault, but I’m too much of a newb to want to run into hordes to use ABB. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is a nice one. I never got around to trying it but Ptiro made something along these lines early-AoM. His devotion was different though.

Didn’t you use Ultos + Amatok back then?

Is there a reason why Frozen core is kept as a 1 point wonder?

@Chthon: Was just gonna mention that ptir beat you to the punch. :stuck_out_tongue:

BB is dmg loss. You just sit in one place for 3 seconds doing nothing >_>
Giant, chariot, Pneumatic burst - enough healing to do 150+ with just mirror. Dunno where do you find hordes - with enough dmg you should oneshot most stuff with single TSS drop, it crit crazy good.

This DPS club will be the death of my toons. :rolleyes:

What do you think about ghoul as another circuit breaker? I think I’ll be able to lifesteal quite nicely with chillspikes.

Yes, I used Ultos+amatok. It was before Trosan buffs so, I was kinda disappointed by dmg output. Right now should be nice build.
BTW shattered star at 22/22 boost DPS a LOT. You realy want to max it.

Yeah the crit from shattered star can even spike like crazy on Allagast Trozan builds. On this one it should be crazy good

Also, Ultos + Amatok should still be better right due to more RR?

It won’t stack with viper will it?

Also, I was thinking of giving up spear for DG…what do you guys think?

Forget about DG outside of leechtanks. Ultos+Amatok+Aeon is the best possible devotion setup for TSS spammer.

DG will be a bitch for you I think. Crits will be crazy but your health will spike a lot since you lack actual sustain.

PB, SS and Scourge Strike can easily sustain DG.

Hmm…I’ll do a quick test run later this evening.

I wonder how DG will fare with with chariot + giant’s blood.

Why do you need DG? You alredy sit at 80%+crit dmg with TSS , extra 40% wont matter much, rly.

That makes sense. But what’s the rationale for ultos + viper?

X% RR doesn’t stack with itself, does it? Why wouldn’t we just stick with viper?

I picked Ultos for proc and nodes, not for %RR .180% for both cold and lightning, 5%crit dmg, 70 OA. And shitload of dmg on proc.

Ultos has good nodes that provide bonus to both cold and lightning, crit and OA
Viper’s RR scales with %WD till 100% WD so if you use chillspikes or PB to proc it then it’ll be much less effective. Meaning Ultos has better RR potential on casters