[Elementalist] Light's Defender - Quick Jacks/Storm Totem Build [V1.0.0.6 HC]

Ultos spark for this build is great weop.

U use 200 casting speed for only 1 skills. For the other 2 3 (wind devil, totem and shard) didnt us any. Delay skills dont use casting skills.

Ur build is great i working a similar build, but in this case ur casting speed is waste for shard and totem. With high Oa the devotin can be proced.

Agree. Cast speed isn’t that great cause all procs have cd and stun jacks isn’t main source of raw damage. I’m using chosen scepter right now but will try out Spark of Ultos, 10% crit dmg might be good)

I actually unspecced Quick Jacks as I realised I was running around my totems, devils and shards most of the time.

I think is importent too get 1 skill without cd and proc widow(arcane bomb) and the 40%- dmg is not that high. Actually the stun jacks not that high lightning dmg. Mostly ur towers do the dmg and thats all. i use stun jacks for 2 dmg outpoint and prc arcane bomb.

Stun Jacks can shotgun single target, that the strong point of Stun Jacks.
My Stun Jacks can hit a single target for 5+ projectile (sometimes 7) if position myself correctly, with 4.5K average damage per projectile, or 22.5K+ per cast of Stun Jacks with 200% casting speed, I can cast Stun Jacks about 4 times. That’s why Stun Jacks can wreck bosses and nemeses real fast. Remove Quick Jacks will significantly reduces your single target DPS. Plus you reduce chance to proc skills from gloves and relic as these proc skills from items can not be proc from Totems.

As for weapon agument, I still find Spark of Ultos not a good choice for the build. % cooldown reduction and crit on it are attractive, but lightning conversion is important because each Stun Jacks projectile hit will be reduced by target armor, so more conversion less damage reduced by armor. I actually thinking about using Iskandra’s Focusing Prism to convert even more physical to elemental damage, another amulet to consider using. Spark of Ultos toggle skill also requires 3 energy per second and 150 energy reserved, and it give you only 55% lightning damage, not worth it. Casting speed wise, it is still important to have high casting speed, so you can finish casting totems and get back to cast Stun Jacks quicker, it also makes stutter step easier.

What? Yes you can. He even details how to play it while leveling.

no set items drop atm for me lol

Any thoughts on:

1. Eye of the storm vs Ulzim’s Pyroclasm - Is the proc worth the loss in lightning damage?

2. Skyreach Bulwork or Dawnbreaker’s Duty vs using a tome - Certainly a DPS loss, but some nice stats on the shields + physical to lightning conversion (and +1 all skills on Bulwork or crazy HP on Duty). Using a shield would allow far more stat distribution into physique on a character with very high % health bonus.

3. Open hand/closed fist over your ring combo?

Thanks for the post!

Nice build dude…

Did that build and worked very well, soled anything I wanted.

The only problem about this build its the energy, any tip ? Im using ectoplasm on rings btw

Same, tested alot both weapons and the epic one (Forget the name now) its better and base damage its high as well.

So, empowered storm’s edge is better than spark of ultos, right?

Yes, you need it to push 200% casting speed without using MI greens. Even if you have the exact stats on those MI greens, it’s probably still sub-optimal as you lose out on a lot of stats/resistances. Plus the physical to lightning conversion outweighs the flat gain in lightning multiplier and the ultos granted skill is very mediocre on a build that doesn’t use pets for the energy cost. If you don’t have one or decide to settle for less casting speed, a better substitution would be Stormheart which has basically everything you’d want aside from casting speed or Crystallum, which gives you some nice resistances, giving you more options in other slots.

Decided to try this build and it’s awesome. Very tanky, lots of AOE and really solid single target damage. Now i’m glad that they made a legendary set for Stun Jacks.

The only item i’m using that is different from the OP is Eye of the Storm relic. Mainly for the buff that gives 150% lightning damage and the relic gives 70~ Spirit. Kind of wish it also increased Cast speed along with Attack Speed.

Also, what’s that green amulet?

I was going for a similar build as well, I’m just sad the look of the set doesn’t reflect the build.
When I think stun jacks and storm totems (which could be like electricity pylons), I don’t picture a guy in heavy plate armor from a bygone era but more a mad scientist kinda guy, someone who enjoys playing with electricity.

I shall like knowing how if call the fourth fate on your bar of shortcut, and how you obtain him.

Could Ulzuin’s Chosen be nice for this build now that received a energy cost reduction? Would be a nice dmg buff+ energy cost reduction to stun jacks…

its me with the stupid question again

Is the build still strong after the proposed 1.0.8 v2?
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=475062&posted=1#post475062

Yeah Blast Shield is nerfed so we need to back off more.

I was surprised to see a build for hardcore crucible harder difficulty.

Also, thanks so much for the AAR build.
I destroyed Logho & Port Valbury on HC, even with 1 item missing (iskandra vestments :frowning: )

What do you think of this devotion setup http://grimcalc.com/build/1008-ARb8Ea ? You gain the extra healing ability and some resistances…

Few days ago i finished leveling my SJ Elementalist - to be honest its not tanker than BWC build (no mirror) and the AOE aspects is weaker as well.

Still - once you spam termite mines + tempes, Storm totem + Storm Crystal (the skill from the full Light defender set) things are joy to the eye :slight_smile:

I advice you to use his devotion setup (courtesy of JoV): http://grimcalc.com/build/1008-0LgdV3

I end up with around 1900 armor and 98% absorbtion, 12.5k HP etc.
OA is low though barely braking 2.3k but i dont have OP MI rings.

Also strongly advice you to use Eye of the Storm relic - your DMG skyrockets and you get -12% skill cost reduction (at least on mine).

You are missing one order point, but I guess that one from lion was intended to go into crossroads order so it would make it fine. Tho setup that includes tempest is much better.

For even more offense and OA, if you can cap your resistances this devo setup is slightly better: http://grimcalc.com/build/1008-MSfvIg

I use it to maximize dps output, but again its only better if you can cap resistances w/o empty throne.