Endgame balancing problem

And I will give it to this person - one of my builds or reference to the build from other GD community member. :wink:

I’m reasonably certain crate has already made their stance clear on the likes of Anasteria Helm and Alk Rings. They’re balanced generously to the high end of legendaries. While they are somewhat tedious to get they are not beyond the point where rarity exempts them from being considered for nerfs.

Was nerfed to irrelevance. Only BiS on niche Devastation builds. Competing with Gargabol gun for the title of the most useless purple MI.

So #dedbuilds ?

I think you misspelt crest of winter fortitude

EDIT: If you have to look up the item, you’ve proven my point :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Krieg Battlemage? :pleading_face:

I can say some classes obviously are better than others, but if you like Sabo or BM there are options to played. Definitely is bigger challenge making weaker class work but I know that’s your specialty. :wink:

If someone is saying what to do with Vanquisher Templar, I would not say to reroll but will point out my CT Templar, which have great performance in Crucible. So every class combo have unique charm. But I wouldn’t recommend BM for a first class though. I am not that sadistic!

1 Like

/10chars

4 Likes

At least Anasteria’s helm with a few tweaks could be useble again, Gargabol gun is beyond help.

Edit: what do you know, when people want an item to work it will work lol.

Challenge issued.

I kind of want to see a good Winter King 2H or Dracarris Pet build.
Especially the Dracarris one.

didn’t sig make one? i distinctly remember talking to him about this

“a good Winter King 2H”

:stuck_out_tongue:

Winter King always performs worse than everything else you do use instead.

why’s that?

Lack of CDR, only 1 Component, Item skill not enough of a steroid like W.hour, Nightblade + Shaman support instead of 2 Pet masteries, better 1h options for pet phy > Elemental conversion etc…

2 Likes

oooooh, l’m maya, and I’m soooooo knowledgeable about pet builds

thanks for the clarification <3

2 Likes

3 Likes

Since you know the pets businesses, why Dracaris is so bad?

• Fire dmg focused but the pet masteries do not have flat fire dmg (except 1/3 of Elemental)
  • Fire based pets are Hellhound, Og’Napesh and Swarmlings. All 3 are way weaker than the rest.
  • For Chaos pets, Witching Hour exists.
  • Hybrid Pet item. I know the devs want to make it work, but other than Da’Shiv many patches ago with his pet Pyromancer, no one has even come close to making a Proper, Viable Hybrid pet build.
  • Proc is on “enemy death”. That would be nice, but it only works when the player scores the killing blow while the entire focus of a pet build is to minimize aggro for the summoner.
  • No Fire/Chaos based hellhound Set. So you can only have 1 of it out at any given time. Given it is already the weakest of the mastery based pets, that doesn’t help either.
1 Like
  • Fire dmg focused but the pet masteries do not have flat fire dmg (except 1/3 of Elemental)
  • Fire based pets are Hellhound, Og’Napesh and Swarmlings. All 3 are way weaker than the rest.
  • For Chaos pets, Witching Hour exists.
  • Hybrid Pet item. I know the devs want to make it work, but other than Da’Shiv many patches ago with his pet Pyromancer, no one has even come close to making a Proper, Viable Hybrid pet build.
  • Proc is on “enemy death”. That would be nice, but it only works when the player scores the killing blow while the entire focus of a pet build is to minimize aggro for the summoner.
  • No Fire/Chaos based hellhound Set. So you can only have 1 of it out at any given time. Given it is already the weakest of the mastery based pets, that doesn’t help either.

[/quote]

Thanks for that great analysis!

Can I summon my inner Spank and cheat my way, using it in fire players only Shieldbreaker. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You borked the quote :yum:

But actually, if you can make it works as a non pet item, I would even support changing it into full player only one and scrap the Pet side.

Better for it to shine somewhere instead of being ignored everywhere.