Endgame balancing problem

didn’t sig make one? i distinctly remember talking to him about this

“a good Winter King 2H”

:stuck_out_tongue:

Winter King always performs worse than everything else you do use instead.

why’s that?

Lack of CDR, only 1 Component, Item skill not enough of a steroid like W.hour, Nightblade + Shaman support instead of 2 Pet masteries, better 1h options for pet phy > Elemental conversion etc…

2 Likes

oooooh, l’m maya, and I’m soooooo knowledgeable about pet builds

thanks for the clarification <3

2 Likes

3 Likes

Since you know the pets businesses, why Dracaris is so bad?

• Fire dmg focused but the pet masteries do not have flat fire dmg (except 1/3 of Elemental)
  • Fire based pets are Hellhound, Og’Napesh and Swarmlings. All 3 are way weaker than the rest.
  • For Chaos pets, Witching Hour exists.
  • Hybrid Pet item. I know the devs want to make it work, but other than Da’Shiv many patches ago with his pet Pyromancer, no one has even come close to making a Proper, Viable Hybrid pet build.
  • Proc is on “enemy death”. That would be nice, but it only works when the player scores the killing blow while the entire focus of a pet build is to minimize aggro for the summoner.
  • No Fire/Chaos based hellhound Set. So you can only have 1 of it out at any given time. Given it is already the weakest of the mastery based pets, that doesn’t help either.
1 Like
  • Fire dmg focused but the pet masteries do not have flat fire dmg (except 1/3 of Elemental)
  • Fire based pets are Hellhound, Og’Napesh and Swarmlings. All 3 are way weaker than the rest.
  • For Chaos pets, Witching Hour exists.
  • Hybrid Pet item. I know the devs want to make it work, but other than Da’Shiv many patches ago with his pet Pyromancer, no one has even come close to making a Proper, Viable Hybrid pet build.
  • Proc is on “enemy death”. That would be nice, but it only works when the player scores the killing blow while the entire focus of a pet build is to minimize aggro for the summoner.
  • No Fire/Chaos based hellhound Set. So you can only have 1 of it out at any given time. Given it is already the weakest of the mastery based pets, that doesn’t help either.

[/quote]

Thanks for that great analysis!

Can I summon my inner Spank and cheat my way, using it in fire players only Shieldbreaker. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You borked the quote :yum:

But actually, if you can make it works as a non pet item, I would even support changing it into full player only one and scrap the Pet side.

Better for it to shine somewhere instead of being ignored everywhere.