Endgame Build Balancing Discussion

path of exile must the be the most sophisticated ARPG then.

Or Diablo II, I am still waiting for someone to beat my 16.5 seconds hell council p3 clear runs…

Speed is a relative concept. Does it really matter if the fastest cruci time will be 8 minutes or 4 minutes?

1 Like

Yes, there is also that. “Who” pilots a build does make quite a difference when it comes to how fast it clears the crucible. Seeing people like John_Smith, Shoot, Mercymaker etc play vs your average player is night and day. Or atleast, I know that I am incapable of such skill and will never be able to replicate their success with the builds they make and break records with.

Hell, the very reason why I started making builds of my own was because Sigatrev’s Witching Hour ones were too hard to play to me and I wanted something even noobs could take and be good at. So piloting skills is definitely not something to be overlooked either.

2 Likes

John_Smith needs a nerf. Drain his keyboard in honey or something

3 Likes

Now here’s a Q

Seeing as this balance discussion seems to be targeting pure legandary/blue builds exclusively what sort of expectations are there for the performance of builds enabled or boosted by MIs? Are those such a fringe case that they are simply to be ignored in any and all balance discussions?

And only 55% even made it to level 10… :stuck_out_tongue:
Obviously there are a lot of people who only played it and refunded.
So you can double that number

Shoot the mouse on Shoot’s PC, so make him play with keyboard only :smile: But seriously, sometimes am shocked of people’s potential. It’s like comparing average conservatory graduate vs Rachmaninov.

Continuing the discussion from Endgame Build Balancing Discussion:

While the people who matter within the community are obviously those who stick with the game in the end and have shown willingness to support it further.

What I don’t like in general is how many people assume things about others, I have been accused in similar fashion here when I spoke up and I don’t think it is fair. I have no intention to turn the game into something less fun or to interfere with others enjoyment.
Everyone has their own expectations, not only among players. We need to verify what among those things can actually be taken as fact and help to improve the game as a whole, but also respect others ideals and personal space.

I am certainly not free of bias either, but I can aknowledge when people make good points and reflect upon how I could’ve brought my point across better - and so should others. I know that discussions about our passions can get out of hand quickly and mistakes are bound to happen. But what matters is to face up to them and to calrify when needed. Else we cannot understand the full intent behind those words and get the whole picture.

Sure, it is at times troublesome to follow a discussion without loosing sight of the initial points made, but I think we are all able to treat one another with respect and to grow as a healthy community. What matters as a community is to come to an understanding and to respect what others think and what they enjoy about the game. Of course not everyone is voicing their opinion or even wants to, but that doesn’t mean that those who do matter any less.

I hope some will reflect on that or at least keep some of the points made in mind, but I believe maintaining a healthy and respectful discussion is never a loss to anyone.

Speedrunning is a relative term. If the clear time was 20 minutes and speedrunner could do it in 12, that is still speedrunning by comparison…You chose an arbitrary number for what’s “ok” in terms of clear times cause it feels great to you, we chose one based on a number of factors that we believe are best for the overall health of the game.

You can accept it and contribute to the health of the game, or keep getting butthurt on a regular basis. I suppose it doesn’t really matter to me which route you take.

It’s not, but I bet some Praetorians know more about it than you, so let’s chill out on the low-key insults, shall we?

How do you know. Do you hang over my shoulder while I work? Wait…are you my wife?!

Also this takes 0 time from working on a new game (for a number of reasons I’m not going to get into). Hell, a good chunk of that time is spent after hours where my wife yells at me for still having spreadsheets open…Wait, maybe you ARE my wife…

If I considered people posting here my enemies, they’d get banned cause ain’t nobody got time for the amount of shit-talking and backhanded comments that are shared here.

I let a lot of things slide that community managers for other games would not allow. I’d rather foster an open discussion than stifle people from sharing their views. I will not tolerate those that insult my team’s hard work though.

That’s not true, I get to be snarky to them, and that’s worth a lot.

It depends. If a particular affix combination has an exceptionally powerful impact on a build, we would look into that; but for the most part double rares are rare enough that they don’t represent a reasonable median of performance, especially if a build’s got several of them.

11 Likes

It is a crime against humanity that this forum doesn’t let us have quotes in our signatures.

1 Like

Signatures or RIOT!

1 Like

So, both of the builds i’m playing atm got nerfed, and not in a small way either. :expressionless:

It might be marginally helpful to bring up what those builds are and how they’re performing post-patch.

Well needless to say, caster vindicator with storm totem and wind devil. Didn’t personally even find it that good.

could you provide a GT link?

It’s mad_lee’s build pretty much.

So that’s a no?

:rofl:

This?

:+1: That’s the one

I would make the statement more precise: “Developers know how their application is designed to work and testers know how it really work.”. :wink:

1 Like

9 posts were split to a new topic: How Many Playtesters Actually Do Testing?

I don’t think we should set up a standard for ‘imba build’.
For example, crucible is boring as fxxk to me because you just need to remember the pattern, no challenge at all. So I don’t do crucible.
One of my char try to encounter the super bosses,got rekt every time and I just try to optimize it, it is so fun.
SR is full of randomness with no mercy, some of my chars can do SR90, feel good about it.