Enemies disabling all Toggles/Buffs/Auras? Honestly?

Arcane

9 Likes

He said ā€œI know people love to hateā€ - which is trueā€¦ there are people that love to hate it. He never said ā€œAll you motherfuckers hate itā€.

Againā€¦ feel free to make your poll. Should we do bets on how itā€™s gunna go?

1 Like

As discussed before in previous million arcane not and for posts, the most problematic part is in Shattered Realm where itā€™s a clusterfuck and canā€™t see a damn thing. I agree with that.

Other than that arcane foes are good as it is. Even in the crucible, I heard they have been disabled for this particular reason, why not disable them in SRā€¦ I donā€™t really know. But if they do I got no complaints. :stuck_out_tongue:

Should we poll this topic?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

iā€™ll tell you the secret behind arcanes, developer decisions for nullification and other annoying/player disliked things that are in the game, and the reasons which Zantai wont admit:

1 Like

All it would take is giving the Arcane projectile a distinct sound effect, similar to what Grava gets on his dispell and ā€œproblemā€ is solved. Arcane is one of the few hero abilities that actually throws a wrench in the fight (alongside maybe Frozen and Diseased). The more the better.

No, being overpowered as shit compared to anything else in the game makes it bad. I cleared Dark Souls 1 up to NG+5, im well verse in the learning mechanic process in videogames. Heck, i farm Atziri in PoE daily. Clearly mechanics isnā€™t the issue. Is the game itself. The engine isnā€™t well suited to that mechanic because of the lag in both input and execution of commands, plus the amount of commands needed to counter it. Removing one aura might not be an issue, removing 5 simply kills the character, because the game can easily take more than 5 seconds to execute all the commands to apply them, with the added insult to injury of having NOT A SINGLE WAY to counter it. Even reflective has items, devotions and skills to reduce it, but Arcane is an all or nothing situation that gets exponentially worse the more enemies there are, because they are harder to see, harder to escape, and harder to reaply thanks to the lag input

You forgot the part where he is actually good at it.

Strange `cause last year I made a tutorial video on how to counter it.

3 Likes

I can itemize against frozen and diseased. Tell me one item, devotion or skill that counters arcane.

ā€œMove toā€ skill.

1 Like

I think I should be impressed by your achievements, but it only made me cringe that you still struggle against such simple mechanic. Arcane heroes > Atziri lol :rofl:

Well my suggestion is budget friendly, just add an additional attack to some hero monster. I donā€™t expect devs to suddenly heavily change the base campaign this late in gameā€™s development.

Youā€™d think someone as great at Dark Souls would be familiar with kiting.

please, just tell me, wich item, devotion or skill counters arcanes?

Look up.

I guess kiting is hard if reading is, too.

1 Like

Why not just remove Arcanes from the game, and add a: ā€œAura skills disabled from useā€ mutator. Lokarr certainly would be happy with this turn of events. Kappa

Easy. No need to itemise, no need to deviate on devo paths, pick specific skills, apply specific components etc. You simply MOVE. Bam! Entire hero boss mechanic countered! The only, and I stress the ONLY issue with Arcane that I see after 3.8k hours of play is visibility in dense fights.

Nope. That doesnā€™t counter it. Just avoids it. Im waiting. A REAL COUNTER to arcane. Not killing before the cd, not kiting, not dodging, not uninstalling. An actual counter. Just like Frozen, Stun, Petrify, Skill Interruption, Entrapment, etc, etc, etc. I can name a VAST list for each one of those, including the etc. You just tell me ONE for arcane.

Modding the game, is a great counter to Arcanes.

1 Like

Oh, im sure you play without any sort of damage reduction and resistances, given that that statement applies to the entire fucking game.

OK.

Note: Mirror can be dispelled. But if youā€™re worried about getting obliterated post-dispel, a well-timed Mirror affords you the time needed to reactivate most buffs.