Enemies disabling all Toggles/Buffs/Auras? Honestly?

You can also play builds that don’t rely on defensive auras, but 90% of them are offensive, like for example Retal Warlord, so all you’d be missing from is practically almost only damage if you ever get dispelled.

Ok it’s pretty obvious this is a pointless conversation. Apparently the only viable method of countering a mechanic according to you is stacking a character stat instead of actually changing up your gameplay. This is a YOU problem. End of story.

1 Like

Oh, nice,

Do you realize that Arcane removes ALL buffs, not one, right?

Indeed.

Has me wondering how one counters Kalameet Eye.

Yes but I didn’t realize a snail’s reaction time had much hope in Dark Souls, good to know!

Dude, what. You can fucking mod the game or play non-defensive auras builds.
Pet builds players make lazy versions of their builds, maybe someone on the forum should start making auraless builds, cuz you know… recasting auras, arcanes, residentsleeper. Ain’t nobody got time for that :rofl:

Oh, please, show me your gamplay where you dodge all damage. Im eager to admire and learn from you, since apparently im the problem and you have no issue kiting the entire game.

We live in a brave new world of gaming where spatial awareness and repositioning are not considered counters to enemy mechanics.

15 Likes

Not even reading, apparently.

I dodged all Arcane mobs dispells and Grava’Thul in here on x2 gameplay speed. Sorry for the music. You can mute.
You asked.

oh, no. ALL THE DAMAMGE IN THE ENTIRE GAME. Since that solution applies to all damage, should be doable.

If thats so, why did you implemented counters to reflective? The supposed “counter” is even easier than arcane, yet the game is full of options against it.

How is the game full of options against Reflective, but has none against Arcane?

aeh no. apples to potatoes
many bosses have telegraphed attacks you’re supposed to avoid/sidestep, this is nothing new, and Grava’s/arcanes in general are well telegraphed
wanna try pull straws again see if you get the big one this time?

So… If an arcane ball hits a physical wall in the environment… it uhm, well, HITS IT

Serenity gives Reflected damage reduction, Rebuke gives reflected damage reduction. Titan plating gives reflective damage reduction. Watchtower, Aeon, Crane, Owl, Boar and Yugol devotion, all give reflected damage reduction. I feel baffled that i should point this out…

Nice! Thanks to you Titan Plating is fukin dead, and reflected damage is a thing. :rofl:
CoffinDance

So your idea of a “counter” is making it passively irrelevant?

Yes, we do have bonuses you can stack to minimize reflective damage, primarily for classes with heavy dots (mainly Internal Trauma) that can be difficult to control in a battle situation and often end up reflected onto the player despite their best efforts, resulting in death because Physical Resist is generally your lowest resistance.

There is an even more powerful counter to Reflective though for most builds: awareness.

1 Like

The “Move” function gives you 100% nullify reduction, though.

Imo they should nerf that. Too strong!

Why are you purposely ignoring this post from Zantai? Grim Dawn is an ACTION Roleplaying Game. Action, as in, the player’s positioning in the battlefield matters. Counter to enemy skills shouldn’t be just on items, player’s overall movement should also be taken into consideration.

1 Like