Falcon Swoop builds

I used it on my phys rune pally… on rune of kalastor means the projectiles shotgun out from the rune

i don’t think i’ve ever used it on anything but bleed builds, too expensive/low dmg on pierce, flat phys obviously not good, and for trauma the WD isn’t enough for its application i feel
and lately i’ve been going “greedy” bleeds without Falcon, trying to get ex Mogdrogen+soldier or oleron+mogdrogen/soldier

it’s an awesome leveling devotion tho, but the cooldown kinda bums me out on endgame builds, often finding it a “hassle” to pair it with a decent proccer

1 Like

It works pretty well with Briarthorns and Primal Spirit in Pet builds. It deals massive damage as a shotgun and gives these Pets a decent AoE in a cone.

1 Like

Haven’t used it in ages, but i remember how broken it was at one point. It was around the time i started playing and i remember it having around 90% weapon damage and that caused it to deal disgusting damage. I think it also had more projectiles, not 100% sure.

2 Likes

Here’s what changes I could find from the patch notes:

1.0.0.4 - Falcon Swoop: reduced % Weapon damage to 60% by rank 20, increased cooldown to 2s

1.0.0.5 - Falcon Swoop: reduced % Weapon damage to 30%, added 65 Physical damage

1.0.0.7 - Falcon Swoop: reduced % Weapon damage by 5% at max rank, increased Physical damage

1.0.0.8 - Falcon Swoop: reduced % Weapon damage to 20%, increased base Physical damage

3 Likes

Thanks for all the builds. I’m going to return to this thread while gradually playing all those Bleed builds.

I’ve made some no-green meme: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23OmK72
Falcon Swoop is bound to Storm Totem so it will be procced well.

Just theorycrafts are fine.

Can you correct this link - it doesn’t work for me.

Yup, that’s it, i started playing a little before 1.0.0.4. I could swear that it had a couple of projectiles removed, but i’m probably confusing it with something else.

Fixed it 10/

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, you can open grimtools with web archive type website and look if the site capture the grimtools link prior to the game update.

The captured link surprisingly have no problem with opening and putting devotion point on the past grimtools, and I believe it can also share the link. I remember I use it that way earlier this year when checking the AoM/pre-FG devotion bonus.

Has anyone tested similar fantasy version of Bloodrager https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNk77xbN ?

• Bleeding + Physical support
  • based around Bloodspill Cleaver
  • 4555% Bleeding damage with procs, base and Cunning :laughing:

I haven’t played Bloodrager and wondering whether to GDStash / is it different enough to what has been already tested.

Not exactly a build, but was one of the best and most flavorful elements to my HC unarmed build, Boris Tsarevich.

2 Likes

Great pictures! It was worth sacrificing my middle finder to scroll through all of them :slight_smile:

Yep go back to 1.0 launch and destroy the shit out of everything with it. Struggled to fit it into any physical builds recently and I’ve never actually tried bleed

1 Like

I like the name :ok_hand: Boris Tsarevich is the mirror of Tsar Boris.

I am a stupid American, but I did have the courtesy enough to at least read up on some Russian names and brief history behind it. I chose a Russian name for the build because build is tough and a bad ass. Also Russian names are awesome. Like Boris, or Jeff. lol its a no brainer. Boris all the way!

1 Like

As a Bulgarian I like the name since it originates from Bulgaria (Wikipedia have entrance) and tsar is the Bulgarian monarchy title, means Caesar. Tsar Boris is also Bulgarian Tsar, so you nailed the name on accident.

Sorry TqFan for swooping the topic :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Allowed only if having a birb in one’s avatar.

1 Like

Checked that. Inb4 Maya post gazillion of birb pictures.

LOL. Like I said. Stupid American. Thank you for your patience haha. I loved the name.

1 Like

LOL, when I saw “Boris Tsarevich” I was like “am I in the right forum?” XD

If you want legit cool Russian name (albeit an obsolete one nowadays), Svyatogor is your guy. Comes from an old Russian Epic (back when it was just Rus, not Russia), and is a name for a “bogatir” (which I bet comes from Polish “bohater” = “hero” (tqFan should know better probably)). Literally means “Saint Mountain”/“Holy Mountain”.

Anyways, as for Falcon Swoop, I also liked the proc, so I implemented it in Avenger Warder quite some time ago. I focused on bleed, and was doing okay, but decided to go full retard mode into physical/trauma.

I tried to reconstruct it now with some adjustments, and here’s what I’ve got: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKGGOpN

It doesn’t look like much, but I decided to throw that in.

4 Likes