Farthest Frontier Coming to Early Access August 9th!

The thing about that, was that Grim Dawn was already released by the time GOG released it there. GOG is also very happy to do early access now though they call it “In Development”.

I know it’s likely to be a steam first thing (I’ve had it wish listed there since Crate announced it on steam). I would rather get it on GOG but I will happily pay Crate for both stores, for the zillion hours I have gotten from Grim Dawn.

Now that I think of it, can I wish list it on GOG any time soon? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Love what you guys are doing going from ARPG to city builder is such a class act!

Edit: Typos.

1 Like

Trailer looks cool, might pick this up and try it out. Hopefully the system requirements won’t be insane.

What city size & resolution is this targeting? I mostly play games in 4K or sometimes 1440p (on my laptop). The requirements look pretty low for a city builder type game.
Also since the recommendation is only for an i5 Ivy-Bridge, does mean that the game only uses upto 4 threads max?

I was going to wishlist the game but I died of dysentery.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, size-wise.

The game will take advantage of more threads.

1 Like

So Sandcaster is still imprisoned? :faction_undead:

To add to this list, will Epic Store also be supported?

Probably depends on how many more e-mails Medierra has to wade through to get GD on to Epic. Last count was well over 100. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Oh darn it.
I’ve been slowly moving away from Steam lately. Oh well, I can just get it on Steam then.

Off-Topic. It’s cool to see that a lot of the old faces are still around.

Well, this is early access so it’s unlikely to be on other platforms until it’s ready for full release. Maybe by then Medierra and Epic will have got things sorted out. :rofl:

1 Like

Personally I won’t use EPIC even if it is free. The whole CCP ownership thing is just a total turnoff. They have their hands in enough pots already and valve has generally stood up for the general populace even in the face of large developers raking people for cash on garbage never to be finished games.

The only thing with GD is that I wish I had a non-steam version of it since my kids tend to play on my steam account so often now haha

So it will be able to scale with the # of CPU cores/threads you have? Or will there be a hard cap. I know in Cities skylines that game is so horribly threaded that I get garbage fps on my threadripper workstation here…
Would love a game that could actually produce nice FPS with a town built.

You can just set your Steam to offline mode and you can still play while your kids use your Steam account.

Or you can grab the full GD Definitive Edition that’s DRM free on GOG.com right now during their Summer Sale for half-price ($27.62)!

Oh shoot! I didn’t realize there was a DRM free version. I guess im gonna buy GD again LOL

Have you used both versions at the same time? I just wonder how it will work with the steam-cloud backup.

1 Like

Been on GOG since 2016 when it fully released. :laughing:

I use local saves and Steam and GOG share them quite happily.

And if you have an Xbox you can buy the game to play on that as well.

I don’t have any consoles, but I do use the cloud saves quite a bit since I have a variety of devices. Can I Just copy the files around between the two versions?

Sorry, but I don’t know. I never use cloud saving so don’t know whether they’re compatible or not.

That would require juggling but it can be done but you need to become very familiar with how it works. Both GOG and Steam use the same LOCAL saving location. GOG’s cloudsaving location is ALSO the same as the local saving location. However, and unfortunately, Steam’s cloudsaving location is separate from the local saving location.

Which introduces issues for someone that wants to hop between both. You can go into the Network tab in-game (Steam version) and you will find two buttons located there. One to delete cloudsaves. One to “download” cloudsaves (downloading places them in the localsaving location). Keep in mind that these buttons are ONLY visible while Steam-cloud is enabled.

What you ask is possible but it requires you to pay attention to what is what and to remember the things you have done (with your saves) when trying to switch saves back and forth.

It would require a lot to write-up a detailed how-to on exactly how to go about it but it involves the buttons mentioned, probably some deleting and copy pasta and triggering the game to reimport saves into the Steam-cloud etc.

I would add that it would be MUCH MUCH MUCH easier to simply move all your Steam cloudsaves to local saving instead and spare yourself the headache and work that would otherwise lie before you. It isn’t necessarily hard to do… it’s just hard to do if you’ve never done it before and don’t fully understand how it all works. Once you’ve done it a time or two, well, then it’s easy. It’s the getting the experience part that’s a pain.