Farthest Frontier v0.9.0 + v0.9.0a

It would be very helpful to be able to find specific mines (and other buildings) like you can with some of them and people by clicking on their icon. I have a large map (all explored) and I can’t find one of my deep coal mines after looking for several minutes. When I hover over the build menu for the deep coal mines it says I have 2 and I can only find one. It’s probably out there with no road to it so it’s like looking for the proverbial “needle in a haystack.” Am I missing something???

you can use app from Preview generated map - #83 by Mitr

3 Likes

Sorry, looks nice but I meant “in the game” like Anno 1800 has …

If you look at history of any civilization since the beginning of time, you will find religion and theology of some kind, some more moral and devoted to their deity than others. To not have religion added would make the game less realistic. And technology and religion are not separate, it isn’t one or the other. In fact, you can find examples in history where civilizations that were more involved in their religion had more advanced technology than the other civilizations that were wicked. And once those civilizations betrayed their religion, they also lost their technology.

To this point, I think the devs did a great job at adding religion into the mechanics. They actually expanded on it a lot more than I thought they would. I think it is cool that you can make your religions unique too.

These suggestions are great and I second them. I actually don’t mind starting over for all of these patches because by the time I get to Tier 4, I start to lose interest. Definitely would be nice to have motivators to keep building on once you have everything. I think things like adding new resources and building and use for those buildings will definitely improve the interest of the game.

I have been reading some of the comments on combat that might be added to the game and if those are true, I think that would add a lot. Such as finding and taking out raider camps and such. Kind of like searching out and killing wolf dens.

1 Like

Thank you, devs! After not having played in a while I just started a new game with the update. Again I can’t emphasize enough that FF is just SO good! Can’t wait to play more and will share my thoughts on the update once I saw all the new mechanics.

From the pics the temple looks nice, just as all the new assets do btw., but what I still miss in the “skyline” of the city is a church building that looks like a church (cathedral). There’s one in the artwork and menu screen, so I’m still hoping it will come to the game.

One quick thing: I got a clay deposit with a bit of a weird effect over it, yellow sparks or something. Please tell me there is a way to deactivate this? Deactivating the UI of course doesn’t get rid of it - which makes sense since it’s no UI - but that means it’s in screenshots, too.
This effect is probably supposed to show that it’s a special deposit that won’t run empty? But there’s also an infinity sign so I don’t know why it’s even needed.

Can’t be disabled far as I know. And yes, while it does have the 00/00 sign I guess the sparkle is also to help make it more visible if it’s in areas where it might not be very visible normally. They are infinite deposits and won’t run out.

1 Like

I got two of those next to my village but I can’t even build a clay pit on it. Weird. (Edit: I mean I get that’s probably intended. But it doesn’t make sense to not be able to harvest it, like you don’t have to dig meters into the ground; I can see the clay so just let me grab it!)

As said, if they’re infinite ones they have a different building which is T4 rather than the normal mines/pits buildings you unlock at T2.

I agree. If the game is ruined for someone, stop playing it.
I would like it if we had more types of plants. Like corn, potato, etc

1 Like

I noticed. My PC was lagging a lot when I would get around 400 population. Now it is working just fine even with over 500 population. Thanks for that :smiley:

Those are New World crops though and the devs seem to be avoiding those for the game.

1 Like

The game is pretty firmly set in a Medievalish North European biome, with plants and animals from that area and that area only.

The only plant-based changes/additions I could see legitimately being added would be the ability to move and plant Herbs and Medicinal Herbs by an Upgraded Forager, adding the Willow Tree for decorative variety, and maybe some more plants and uses, like:

Woad and/or Madder. Blue-green and Red dye plants that could be used to add color to the linen (flax-based) clothing for a ‘new’ Luxury Good.
Willow as an additional component for another Luxury Good: Beds/furniture with wicker seats and foundations for more comfort. With everything in our towns so far being made out of hard wood and stone, I assume the Unmentioned Ailment universal among the townspeople is Piles.

2 Likes

Why you dont create something like transport laborer with wagon to transport food from somewhere somewhere you want. I think worker in market work not good enough

Playing I faced such a dilemma, my wagons they do nothing 80% of the time, maybe it would be better to make them drag a large amount of resources, for example when you need to move resources to the merchant when he arrives, or transport food from farms when it is collected. Otherwise it’s practically useless, or I’m still at too early a stage, thanks for your attention

Don’t look at it as religion (there is a god that magically created the world or taking a book like the bible word for word). Spirituality can come in many forms. I am agnostic and ovbiously not a fan of religious institutions or what religion does to people. But spiritualism is different. You might feel an inexplicable connection to the unviverse, the stars, aliens, whatever. Or you villagers are praying to the makers of their world (the devs, the scientists). I can live with that. And honestly I don’t think a tech tree for a wood chopping village makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

I haven’t played for a long time, is leveling the field a serious problem?

Wouldn’t it just be great to have bridge builders so you can get across swamps and open lakes to get to resources :wink:

Or… or… boat makers and wine growers :slight_smile:

Love this game very very much, been with you since first release…

"As for docks/bridges, water gameplay is actually a lot more complicated than you’d think in our setup. It’s something we’ve experimented with during development but ultimately decided to shelf for the time-being.

It’s a mechanic we will likely revisit, but it may have to be some kind of water-themed DLC as the tech and features necessary would be a major undertaking that’s not likely to fit the timeframe for the base game."

1 Like