Fashion Dawn

I prefer to actually see what’s happening around - especially keeping a look out for all those pesky “arcane” monsters - so I rather go for max zoom out.

That looks really awesome! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t actually play FULLY zoomed in, but on occasions when farming Nemesis or Totems on familiar maps with one of my killer characters, I do often zoom in 50+% and randomly change the camera angle to something different.

I find this makes the game pretty fresh again as the different camera angle can make areas you thought you knew are now very different and you actually see things you have not seen before.

For Korvan Wyrm’s build with yellow Physical Primal Strike and Inquisitor Seal

20200822091332_1%20-%20Copy

7 Likes

That’s not due to the augment? And how does he play like? Build coming soon?

Since when augments change visuals? :slight_smile: I reported it here [DELETED NO BUG]
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/auras-on-some-weapon-illusions-persist-to-other-video/103152?u=tqfan

I made standard Korvan Wyrm with SR set in the past it was very tanky but damage too low for Crucible assuming I tested it correctly then.
I’m making a 2nd attempt here - theorycrafted 3 similar Vindicator, Conjurer and Warder.

This time I have

• 30% RR on Devouring Swarm
  • more Elemental to Physical conversion for Torrent
  • Storm Totems (that will also proc Sands more frequently)

so performance should be much better.
Still undecided which support class to choose.

What do you mean by how he plays? What skills and how he uses them? Or maybe some AHK stuff?

[mod plea] Could you please move the part of the conversation about the build to the topic above about best support class for Korvan?

1 Like

Sure, sry for off topic.
“How he plays” might be too germanish, sry. Wanna say “how is it playing with him” (how strong, how fun).
But back to visuals: Well, weapon augments apply their specific glow to the weapon. Isn´t that what we see here? (And what weapon illusion is this anyway?)

I find shooting Primal Strikes fun in general and it’s even better if the lightning and Inquisitor Seal are yellow (partly because it’s a very rare color - your eyes are not used to it). I hope it’s going to be strong damage wise (I haven’t made the updated version yet) not only tanky. It’s probably not comfortable to play without AutoHotkey (in the Vindicator version I used GDAutocaster heavily to have Savagery be the first shot and then every 1.x s after, Oleron’s Might spam, Wendigo Totem / Inquisitor Seal centered cast etc) because there’s a lot of skill to cast but there’s always a simpler wholesome Warder variant without Inquisitor Seal, Word of Renewal, Wendigo Totem and Savagery. The Warder can be better in practice than on paper because it has more %Damage from Cunning that is not shown in stats, more Armor, cunning bust most importantly doesn’t waste frames for casting so many skills.

Haha, you’re right. I always thought this is a bug. I deleted the bug report.Thanks. Imagine my frustration when making illusions and having this weird glow of unknown origin. Btw with this realization I should re-evaluate all the illusions I’ve made so far since they could possibly look better with glows on weapons from augments :sob:

1 Like

5 Likes

Torchlight 2 Engineer style :+1:.

1 Like

Haven’t posted in a while.
Traumatic Octavius
TraumaticOctavius

I don’t have a name for her, but she looks badass!
Scorpion

4 Likes

Bane’Gargoth and his Obsidian Throne
BaneGargoth1
BaneGargoth2

5 Likes

9 Likes

Plaguebearer
Plaguebearer2
Plaguebearer1
Trozan (without his stupid mantle)
Trozan2
Trozan1
Homestead Liberator
Liberator2
Liberator1

4 Likes

9 Likes

Nicely made. :slight_smile:
What are the shoulders though? And the gloves. I can’t say I recognize them.

The model is like Morgoneth shoulders, but color is gray. Interesting…

Just as @Willnoword said. Here’s an image showing the whole illusion found by Google on our forum

Disclaimer to my illusion:
AoM’s title screen lightning makes it look a little better and individual pieces more similar to each other than in neutral lightning.
(the most natural lightning is probably at Illusionist screen and after that probably Vanilla menu screen if you’re not afraid of showing every weakness of your illusion :slight_smile: )

If you think it looks different (I think you mean that it doesn’t have that bluish glare to it) than I think it’s just the lightning.

[edit] 3 x think in one sentence :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

It really looks amazing :+1:. If only Grim Dawn had color setup scheme like Hellgate: London, when you could change the whole character appearance with one item style (right-click on the equipped armor piece and there was an option with dropper image, do not remember the name). Hope I explained correctly :smile:.

1 Like

That would be amazing. Dyes like in Diablo 3. Spent a lot of time making illusions in that game too :wink: