[Feedback] Aether and Druid parts of Veilkeeper set are absolute garbage

Pretty much the title.
After the release of new sets, I tried aether druid with VoS (as gt is not up-to-date still, I’ll post a screenshot):
rtabh%20lhebl

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7RDyO2

Build

and the results are SUPER-bad.
I made like 15 runs in Crucible and first 10 times I just died constantly, reaching wave 165 at best.

here are some vids of build’s performance:

there are some serious problems with the set and they’re:

• druid part is more than bad. it’s just trash. getting some oa and health regen while a temp buff is active … and that’s it? seriously? currently it doesn’t help dealing damage, and sustain from it is unstable. better give it to some aura like Reckless Power. druid terribly needs RR.
  • ritualist part ends up with low stats, though it has at least buff to an aura.
  • damage. you’ve seen it. it takes hours to take out reaper and any of aether-resistant enemies, solo-damage is an issue too.

what can be done?

• druid part needs a complete rework. remove this mod to arcane will, replace it with -% or %rr, flat damage, add flat to the set pieces itself (though RR has higher value here).
  • ritualist part - give it some stats like OA/DA as w/o juicy arcanist bonuses it lacks stats.

Shoutout to @romanN1 and @AlkamosHater as they tested this build too and have their opinion and also to everyone who has already tried this set.

4 Likes

brand new 1 day old unoptimized build running crucible 6:30 = absolute garbage :eyes:
ok… guess that teaches us where the meta and expectations are these days :sweat:

3 Likes

The idea of making ranged aether savagery + upheaval made me very happy to be honest, but the stats delivered by this set do not help at all. It spikes all the time, other than that, as afanasenkov said, killing aether resistant targets is a pain in the ass, especially if its a solo target!

I’ve been testing this build for 2 days constantly with 2 more people who also made runs with melee version, and it was bad in any way.
Where are expectations today? The expectations are that after 4 months new released sets won’t be a meme-tier, as they’re mostly now.
This set is aether-lightning so it should work both for aether and lightning (imo, ofc), otherwise it’s just a lazy design and desire to create just more memes, not a strong playable set.

it’s easy to fix it but ofc i know that nothing would be done, or sth like “increased the duration of AW by 2 seconds”, as always happens.

and talking about unoptimised … make it better, as I say. though u may notice that there aren’t may items with both aether and shaman support, so I did my best.
and the results are still trash.

i call it unoptimized not for lack of effort/skill but because it’s existed for less than 48hours

-are the expectations seriously that Zantai is gonna release a new set, and on day 1 it’s gonna blow into top tier competitive ranks, and for a target farmeable/easy to obtain set, to have anything but meme qualifications until someone somehow figures out “the way” to exploittake advantage of the set?
srs, was anyone expecting that? you yourself complained about chaos sabo under performing with highly specialized items, but people expect an open-ended "beginner"set to magically be on par with other “regular” top builds/same approaches?

1 Like

every pierce has 2 to 102 chance to get

both of you misuse the word “meme”. In this case it’s just bad.

it’s unoptimized indeed, 'cause the best way to optimize aether druid with 0%rr is to not make one.

3 Likes

how long time you farmed for the set?

i looked at the drop rate in asset manager.
(and a guy from our discord farmed sr75-76 for like 4 hours and got nothing.)

i say easy to obtain because you can transmute it, trade for it, can target farm it, ie it has a higher drop chance than any other regular random set, and you can farm it “easy” since SR boss room is a joke now, and from what i understand it’s not hard locked to only drop past shard 70
so yes, “easy” to obtain, and on the same beginner level as regular SR set krieg vanquisher whatever with those drop rates.
And granted it might have been ridic RNG or release bug, but literally getting 2pieces veilkeeper in 6 runs i definitely considered it my most lucky easily obtained set pieces aside from regular SR, RNGesus knows it took a wee bit more effort to get just 1 piece vanquisher, which can’t even be transmuted

iirc you can’t transmute MI/target farmable sets items.

1 Like

these aren’t considered MI or uniques(in game atleast), so they can be transmuted, i know this because i’ve tried/transmuted a piece of my veilkeeper - shoulder to chest
(and i kinda hope it’s intentional and stays that way, because otherwise the RNG would indeed become a little crazy)

1 Like

it can be transmuted to other pieces of the same set if you got some copies (i have 2 full set by transmute). they are regular set, just only drop in SR chest

1 Like

and a short video about SR65 (not 85, not even sr75-76), just sr65 performance.
there are fights with both Cuba and Reaper, looking very nice and cool.

these sets are no-where near the “beginner” or “friendly”. while farming to get at least 1 full set of these 3, i got like 100 non-set legendaries and few dozen other sets (which i think they are way more stronger than these 3 new sets). yeah, the drop rate is really low. so i also expect a better result than just a “weak-but-friendly-for-beginner” set. the concept is good, but the mod of veilkeeper for arcane will and upheaval is really not good

3 Likes

I knew Druid will have problems at damage department specifically. I suggested Fleshwarped Carbine to receive passthrough and 20% total RR for Savagery but it got some aether damage for Reckless Power instead.

Like, Druid can have only 69 aether RR at best, while Reaper has 81 res before mutators and shit. So yeah, he’s a tough coockie.

they are beginner friendly because you can target farm them (and SR is absurd easy now), in my opinion, again maybe i had really bad luck, it’s easier to obtain a new SR set than vanquisher YMMV
because you can target farm them (SR), the drop rate isn’t completely absurd (Alkamos rings), SR is easy (for now), and you can transmute them (hopefully intentional) then yes, i think it can be considered a beginner friendly farmer set, more so than any other random set that can’t be target farmed, which in theory has a lower drop rate in SR than the new SR sets,
meaning on equal farm, and you not lucking out getting the blueprint, you will probably be more likely to get a new SR set than “any” other (random) set that can’t be target farmed you build may need

ye i think Grey said it here

when you get 0 native bonuses besides dmg, on a non native RR combo, i wonder if someone had the thought that indeed maybe this wasn’t going to be the new druid meta when there is no/rock bottom RR on the approach

but somehow the expectations were that this would
(and i’m gonna guess the obvious of there being no aether RR didn’t just accidentally slip Z’s mind)

you dont get my point. these sets are not like other target or farmable sets. if these new sets are weak, when you farm them in SR (i dont care about how easy or hard SR is nowaday), 99% chance that you will get a more powerful set for Druid/ Sabo/ or whatever class you are trying to build around these new sets. That because of the immense loots in SR chest not ONLY these new sets. So what is the point of using them?? to weaken yourself for more challenge? you dont need to maximum optimized build to see that the mod for a temporary buff like Arcane Will and a WPS is weak. people just wait till the patch comes out to actually test and give the result in Cru or SR to feedback, before someone said “you dont actual play the game, this is just feedback base on your experience, no proof at all”

1 Like

did you miss the part where i said that unless you are lucky you should be more likely to get an SR set than “exactly what you need”/as a more powerful version
that makes them beginner friendly. And while i haven’t tested/don’t know how low Shard they drop, yes it does also make them potentially comparatively easier to obtain than ex vanquisher (at least with my vanquisher luck)
them not being “the most” powerful version of a set for your class isn’t the point, you aren’t always gonna get that, or get that fast for any random sets, thus SR is easier to obtain because it’s in a sense target farm able, and Rahbringer isn’t etc etc (also even if you can potentially craft it)

Of course no one was thinking Druid will blow other builds out of the water, mostly because people saw it as a Ritualist set I would assume.

I personally was intrigued by its health regen focus, but at the same time my biggest concern was AoE, not that Ritualist has more of it (but at least it has Siphon Souls). And I can’t imagine the results if they were using Fleshwarped Carbine.

But I would say with Vortex it doesn’t seem too bad. Not for my tastes that is.

1 Like

whatever you call, friendly or not. i just dont see why you are absolutely sure that these sets are “fine”, even when people throw some videos, results, feedbacks. 1 day or 1 month or 1 year make different??? with some experience players, they build in GT and test new build in less than 1 day if they got spare time. even when they are not maximum optimized, it cannot make a whole lot difference of a concept weak or not. This thread is about buffing Veilkeeper set- then if you want to deny it- SHOW US your result. your build, your clear time, your videos, and then you can say that “they are fine dont touch it, you are just a bad builder that cant make these sets shine”

2 Likes