[Feedback] Aether and Druid parts of Veilkeeper set are absolute garbage

What is this post?

Two whole days, well gee wiz…

If anyone thinks you can get a good sample size with 2 days (and not likely 48 hrs as I bet you needed to sleep) then you clearly they don’t understand the gathering of data/metrics.

And then a whole 10 runs…without saying if you changed anything in between runs, spawns, mutators, then showing only 6 or something videos and you think this is data gathering?

What I see here is the looking at a set in vacuum. Not everyone is going to be doing the same content, most may not see the set due to drop rates and playtime. To then say what’s the point…could be applied to any achievement on steam where less than 1% of people have finished…what would be the point of having that achievement or putting time into development…the same applies here to this set and others.

I’m sorry this just sounds like elitist rhetoric calling someone else’s hard work “garbage”.

If I was a developer…I’m pretty sure how I would answer this but can’t cause forum rules.

did i say they were fine or bad?
my whole argument has been that maybe, juuuust maybe, people had a little “high”/skewed expectations of these sets, or “Druid Upheaval Veilkeeper”
that’s also the point of raising the “sets only existed 1 day” argument, since “sometimes” it takes a little more time to figure out the “finesse” of a new item/set or combination.

Personally i don’t give a hootenanny whether Veilkeeper gets buffed or nerfed to oblivion, from my side of the fence it’s more a “woa, curbed expectations 300% absent?” - as we are in the “usual” complaint mode of stuff not performing 100%, 90% or 80% as “desired”, and “my build isn’t working = buff set because this item/skill/devo combo was 100% meant to be used in this way intended for this specific set”, and since it doesn’t it’s wrong and totally not room for the possibility that maybe it’s “our” expectation/approach that needs adjusting, but always the items that are totally useless and had no point in being added.

i don’t know if zantai intended for these/this set to be XYZ competitive, but since an obvious point, which has been raised, is lack of RR, and RR is probably not something that skipped by Zantai’s ever watching eye, maybe, just maybe it’s possible it’s (partially) “working as intended”, and it’s just up to “us” to get more creative, and not just expect slapping 20RR or 8lifesteal on anything that “doesn’t work”

1 Like

but what is the REAL testing then? I throw this into the hardest possible environment, and the set sucks.
If I test it in MC and it would do well, then we can say it’s well-balanced and strong?

and what IS data gathering then again? There are different mutators, different nemesis spawning and the set does bad under all circumstances.

1 Like

It’s fair to criticise the new sets after playing them, also if you or others have tried different gear configurations but can you be objective and more serious about it?

None of this helps in any meaningful way for instance.

2 Likes

More than anything, the “garbage” line is what got me.

As pointed out above, I think it would be a far stretch if Z didn’t realize that he left rr out of a set supporting 2 non rr shred classes (aether).

If he did, he will fix it.

We don’t even know the why or how the set was designed and the reason for the choices made. Maybe it wasn’t designed for deep CR or SR…there are a crap ton of items that aren’t used for deep Cr/Sr but does that automatically place them in the junk pile…not to everyone. Hence vacuum.

Let’s be clear though. If I am wrong and after the dust settles shows that you’re right, I apologize now ahead of time.

1 Like

Maybe try playing the set on a damage type that is better supported by the class you choose to play?

Fun fact; the gif below I used on my upheaval cyclone druid build was actually from the veil keeper lightning druid I made during testing. (One without any green items too :wink:)

com-gif-maker

Could more aether support be added to something for druid, like rr, sure. Would it make certain ritualist versions OP? Probably not, although I cant say for certain without testing. The only place aether rr could be added would be wind devil’s, and that would be a skill point commitment plus gcds to maintain.

Edit; I derped and forgot devouring swarm can also have aether rr added technically… but wind devil certainly would be more thematic, and would be neat to see and aether lightning hybrid with that offhand.

6 Likes

does greenless version also come packed with such mutators?

2 Likes

Still does 515 with double shattered

Anyone played this set with Fleshwarped Carbine?

if you read and watch vids a bit more carefully, you can see, that the problem is damage and I demonstrate this, both in Cruci and SR. not even high SR, btw.

“not high SR” - literally plays what Zantai considers “max” for SR before entering unique strength territory :no_mouth:
(and yeye i know it’s not actually like that in practice, and SR 65-66 is only the gold door stopper in Z’s mind)

You guys can’t drag down my hype for this set! Was waiting for GT update but will do some of my ranged testing tonight as well

1 Like

My thoughts about this set:

1. Aether Druid - just bad, mostly due to lack of RR, Reaper and aetherials are nightmare. I used more defensive setup than Afanasenkov and survivality still wasn’t great, very stresful gameplay. Tested both 2H meele and ranged.
  2. Aether Ritualist - more RR but bad synergy, as above.
  3. Aether Spellbinder - 2H Lucius is very solid but not due to set but class.
  4. Lightning Druid - Valinov tested it and said it’s okay.

Imo aether side need some buff, mostly for Shaman mastery. Something like %RR aether for Wind Devils on 4 part bonus? I don’t know if touching necro/arcanist is good idea, spellbinder do not need unnecessary buffs.

8 Likes

How are you guys making builds without Grimtools

playing the game ? :thinking:

2 Likes

yup, update GD stash, create set with good rolls, play :slight_smile:

added save file so everyone could try the build by himself.

1 Like

no way man :no_mouth:could it be done ? :thinking:

1 Like

I should have phrased my question better - How are you making good builds without Grimtools?

Most of us already memorised most of the items and their stats so we can make theorycrafting on our minds without grimtools. Up to a point ofc. I can’t make theorycrafting with new sets without grimtools :rofl: