Feedback after a break

To each their own I suppose. I prefer it over Arcane Spark just for the fact nothing else in the game competes with 200 energy regen per second on top of healing you and reducing resists.

Oneshotted by Korvaak (Venomblade) Added to topic

I have made a feedback about this but it was ignored it seems. I having energy problems on this set even on a Sorceress with 1400 in Spirit.

Agree with other pieces of feedback except one about Vileblood Dervish. I think it’s not in a bad state necessarily. But not in a perfect state either. Maybe slight defensive buff would be all right after all.

1 Like

Was lucky to have +armor and + crit damage on the run
The build feels completely different with it. Seems like it just what Venom needs, because without +armor mod I got oneshotted by most of the heavy melees. Though I would prefer 10% phys res rather then armor as soon as Grava hits like a truck

I didn’t say its bad. It’s very good, though some improvements are needed

Zantai has stated many times that the game isn’t balanced around sr75 let alone SR80 lol and there are dual wield melee specs which are far worse off than venomblade dervish in SR. That being said it is a pretty squishy spec. It is squishier than belgo when it comes to taking physical but it also has the flat absorb from ascension which helps a ton against surviving OP ground based aoe stacking.

SR penalises dps melee specs more than just about anything else. You need to build it ultra tanky to avoid those silly one shots that come out of nowhere, even then its not a guarantee. It’s funny recently I did SR with some guy playing a panetti mage hunter who didnt even have capped resists and it was a breeze for him just kiting around and using bubbles and seal. Whereas I was there on my ultra tweaked dual wield warborn deathknight playing on hard mode in the thick of the action and getting reamed.

Thank you for advice, though I have some experience with SR :wink:

So you suggest not to write feedback at all if I like playing endgame? I gave a decent explanation with proofs and examples, not simply asked to buff my builds.
Also the fact Z added deadly waystones proofs that he doesn’t forget to balance endgame.

The Deathly Waystone is not a indicator that the game is or will be balanced for deep shards.

It’s there for people who want to do that sort of thing as a means of pushing their character setups or teams, like some of the guys who have gone up to SR 140 or 160 legit. This is also why using it does not give any loot on a cashout - It is purely for the glory and per how high SR scales in super deep shards is not balanced around the idea that players will go far, but if they can then kudos to them.

1 Like

Did I say somewhere that the game should be balanced around deep SR ?
I opened the thread to discuss certain sets on the certain game stage. You are talking about general things like the whole game balance.

My mistake, I just got the impression that’s what you were implying when you used the Death Waystone as an example :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

where exactly did i suggest this? You are playing a glass cannon melee spec with huge dps with a low health pool and want the spec to get buffed because you are getting occasionally one shotted in sr80…
You are using a single M1 pair of pants and all the rest is a legendary/epic setup. I don’t even see any ugdensalve or jelly essence for more hp. If you were having serious trouble in SR 50-60 i would see cause for concern. You are a skillful player though I will give you that. I’ve only soloed up to sr 80+ a handful of times and it’s just not fun for us poor melee dps specs.

2 Likes

Pretty much this

I use more or less realistic MI that everyone may obtain with slightly different stats.

I used to play a way tougher version, especially when the belt had % armor. This is a spec I managed to get SR 90 with and 1:40 Ravager.
Then items were rebalanced a bit, DG was nerfed on crit damage, andI had to respec for classic acid devos. Now the set misses some stats, unfortunately:

1. It can have high OA, but no crit damage on the set or acid devos to have a good output.
  2. It has the less amount of defence among classic DW melees.
  3. Finally, it lacks on some res.

The only way to make it tanky enough is to equip the almighty SR set :smile:

i think my melee spellbinder has less armor and DA and struggles too although i have a double rare m1 theodin heart. It was a struggle just to do sr 75-76 with a perfected build, i think i died 5 times the first time i tried on it.

Melee dps specs basically get the shit end of the stick in this game anyway, funnily enough the 2h ones do better in higher shards from what i see alot now. I played with a vitality conjurer recently who was breezing along.

It’s really more about the particular build rather than 1h or 2h nature of it. Some dw like Belgo have insane direct single target damage on top of very nice phys res/armor/war cry. And if you build it like I have built it, 75-76 is a breeze. Builds like Venomblade have comparable single target damage but some of it comes from DoT which means less adtch and less sustain.

2h builds like Ultos has insane single target damage as well + naturally high physical resist and hp pool, so you can always outheal 75-76 bosses. Blade Arc builds have harder times in SR 75-76, for example, my Pierce/Bleed BA BM while being excellent in Crucible struggles somewhat due to low-ish adtch (just 13%) and hp pool (11,7k) while Phys/Bleed BA Witchblade despite being worse performer in Crucible (still fastest among physical builds) does pretty well in SR 75-76 due to insane tankiness (14,4k hp, huge armor/phys res, insane healing from Scales of Ulcama, huge adtch).

So overall, I would say huge single target with huge adtch on top of solid defenses is what melee needs in SR 75+. However there are much more ways for melee to get buttfucked than for caster obviously.

Lol, I missed that the set already has phys res for 3 pieces :joy:
One modder I know made his own adjustments for tests:

1. phys res is increased to 12% and moved to 4 pieces. Phys res for Possession removed
  2. 500 HP added for 3 pices.

The set is way more consistent for endgame with it.

The biggest problem is that melees HAVE to facetank most of the things that casters may kite and ignore

So, played this a couple of days ago.
Funny thing that the build has higher armor, phys res and % damage then Venomblade.
Also Belgo BM for comparison
As I said earlier, Venom Dervish has the least defensive options among all dual wielders. Though, the damage output is good, it desperately needs a minor defensive buffs like little more HP and phys res.

After several devo buffs dmg part on acid is in pretty good shape. And full VB set hits like a truck.

In your build you take Grava pants for a luxuary of additional 6% RR. However this is a justified choice because none of acid pants have any phys res. That’s kind of an overlook. If acid had phys res available on pants, Venomblade could reach an acceptable value of it with another shoulder piece, Jackal and Manticore.

Right now phys res for acid is indeed in shortage. It can be added to Venomskin Legwraps (the item is underwhelming for non-retal) and the bonus on Venomblade can be increased to 8% at a cost of some offensive property.

You missed the fact that Venom suffers with res. The big part of ele overcup is Righteous Fervor charges. And aether res is going to hell without that pants.
Or take serenity to cover res. Again. But srsly, take serenity in every build jst because core items can’t cover res?
And the most annoying part is that DPS as well as tankiness will be lower then SR set dervish

1 Like

I highly doubt about the dps part. Full Venomblade and two-piece provide a lot of dmg which is hard to get otherwise: rare conversions and +skills. I’ve played a lot of it lately.

It is squishy though and very rare rendition of Venomblade can afford to facetank stuff in endgame like cold and pierce do. So i agree about the need of phys res. I’m just not sure everything needs to go to the set. If you just add another 6% to the set… what’s the point in taking any other acid/poison items for melee?

1 Like

Good suggestion, acid gear outside of Venom is in a very bad state

I think HP/Phys res would be welcome. Mostly HP because Witch Hunters who also wear Venomblade don’t have none.

1 Like