[Feedback] Current state of different-damage-type Cadence (videos inside)

And lose -15%rr and +2 to both masteries? :thinking:

Back at you.

Transmuter being reworked to support lightning cadence at some point in the past is a fact, you can dig it in changelog.

Community complaining about it is a fact too.

If they didn’t we would have had lightning transmuter instead of elemental now. And used it for Dawnseeker Tactician for example.

Malakor redesign happened later.

Nah I prefer Savagery over Cadence for lightning, especially with Dawnbreaker. You know every transmuted mod affects build so much (ie Starpact), it may destroy many builds and put them into bottom. I still cant sense your logic about lightning cadence, when savagery exists.
There was plenty tri elemental cadence builds at that time, and most ppl agreed that unless the mod buffs huge lightning dmg to cadence (or increase total dmg like x%, -% lightning res), overall savagery always is the best choice.

I think it was not Stupid Dragon’s but Zantai’s logic. Which sometimes can be kinda hard to understand!

I know Krieg BM is very good today, despite all odds.
DK is probably on ± same level.

Acid … I’ve never heard of it out of some meme concepts. Maybe somebody tried it in our Discord but suppose the results were far from brilliant.

Just forget it. Currently game mechanic doesn’t allow that.
----
Besides, let me remember how DW Cadence works:
As known dual-wielding allow chance to hit with main hand, off-hand, or both. Same is true for Cadence discharge (I don’t use 3rd strike term due to the following). So, when you discharge Cadence with both hands, as known only one weapon deal full damage, but second one counts as basic attack and charge your next Cadence. Moreover such attack can prock WPS. Thus with enough of luck you will have Cadence discharge each 2 attack.

Changing it to lightning did literally nothing for builds already using elemental transmuter, because - surprise! - lightning is one of the elemental damage types. Zantai tried to explain it to buildmakers too, but wasn’t successful.

On the other hand it opened new opportunities for other builds, because optimizing around one damage type is easier than around elemental.

You prefer Savagery? Okay. But I can’t get Savagery on Tactician.

None of which got ruined by switching elemental to lightning. It was just bitching on their builds losing a bit of “tri-elemental” flavour. They got to keep the flavour, the price is it’s a mechanically inferior transmuter and lack of gear support. You said Malakor, what else is there? There are three weapons that allow lightning cadence right now.

Don’t speculate on things like that, ok?

I try to understand why some decisions were made. Sometimes I like them, sometimes not.

But you just went and made it sound like I’m a minion parroting my master’s words.

1 Like

no offence, mate, I didn’t want to insult you by any means!
I just wanted to say I consider Lightning Cadence being Zantai’s decision so you may not know the true reasons of that.
again, no offence!

are you absolutely certain about that?

As one anecdote said: Gentlemen are customary to believe in words.
----
Item Skill Modifiers uses same templates as Mastery Skill Modifiers. And no one template doesn’t allow change core charge skill parameters, neither number of charge, duration or damage multiplier.

What does it mean exactly? Does it mean that if discharge is a double attack (is it 33%?) then it can roll a WPS? Does the animation change accordingly? And how WPS values interact with the strike if the default hit here comes only from one hand? Standard Blademaster has 85-100% chance to proc a WPS which uses dmg values of both hands.

One hand deal Cadence damage, senond - WPS. There is no specific animation, because Cadence overwrite it. I did not make deep testing, but as I remember, only Zolhan deal damage from one hand.

So you are saying that within one discharge strike one hand can deal Cadence dmg to a single target and the other hand can deal Whirling Death to the surrounding targets? That’s so unintuitive. Honestly some design decisions in GD make you scratch your head… Why not make Cadence like other default attacks? Why these hurdles?..

also here is my updated cold cadence https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GKDok2

How does it perform?

ill throw it together and see. I although my melee piloting might be a bit rusty from all the eor and caster builds ive been on lately

Right, and we have Static Strike for Lightning too. And Righteous Fervor and Fire Strike both co-exist for Fire.

What is wrong with having more variety? There is no rule saying Savagery should be the only Lightning auto-attack skill.

There’s no rule, yes, but between two lightning AAs - Cadence and Savagery - I - and probably the majority of players - will choose the one that has more support in items - and that is Savagery.

Or you know, we very well could have had more item support for Lightning Cadence if it stayed as is and was built upon with more updates following the change. Lightning is easier to itemise for than Elemental. Instead, the support for it got relegated to 3 weapons.

At the same time though, it’s also surprising to me that there isn’t a set dedicated to Discord Cadence. It may well be the only defining/conversion transmuter left without one (even some of the remainder ones like Gravechill got a set in Forgotten Gods).

2 Likes

Cadence itself is not too bad for any dmg type build with decent amount of phys -> X conversion. The problem is the rest of the mastery. No %dmg support AND no RR for any magic dmg type just kills most of potential builds before they are born.

1 Like