[Feedback] Fire DEE had it long way coming

I honestly wouldn’t have an issue if medals/amulet of the new sets got - physique requirements for armor. Only Goredrinker is somewhat excuseable cause it supports Soldier that has Veterancy and Military Conditioning, but even then, the set supports 2 other classes aswell ( which unironically, I believe are better paired with Nightblade, at least for bleed).

i honestly tested fire DEE purely out of spite (although, when i firstly looked at tome of atonement i got some hope) and i don’t care if it’s going to be buffed or not, at this point it becomes evident that DEE is intended to be bad. Well, not a big deal, game has enough content w/o it and apparently some people really like it like defending this skil, so good for them.

the reason of my spite (which is irrelevant) comes from praets and zantai defending fire DEE, because “you haven’t seen all the changes”. well-p, now that all the changes are visible and smbd actually has tested it, it’s really bad, as was expected. Applies to DEE in general as well, with the silly buffs it received. It’s still the skill of one build with very defined itemization.

i believe if one wanted to have more active playtesters, they would just ask some active players to join their numbers, which would not only decrease the pressure on the remaining one (if a word “pressure” can be applied for something one is voluntarely doing). And i’m not trying to teach Zantai how to do his job, yet again i believe that DEE is meant to be bad. I’m mad on them just because the nonsence they were talking about.

i’m not sure how many times and how much evidence one should gather in order to finally deliver the simple message “DEE is much worse than every single skill in the game”. Toxicity and spite surely doesn’t help as well, but i’m only a human and sometimes get tired of repeating the very same over and over again to brick walls.

it does and it is. (wouldn’t call it “drama” though)

1 Like

So what DEE lacks, exactly? Damage? How about raising WD on Blood Burst to, say, 100% at rank 22 then?

I know you people can mod it and then test it. That would be a start at least.

Passthru should be part of its 585 skill nodes, Cooldown transmutor should remove passthru but the cooldown itself needs adjusted badly 1 possibly even 2secs dropped off of it.

1 Like

This is needed for generic spam imho, yes.

Transmutor has a variety of ways it could be adjusted. Bigger nuke (higher % than current) could also do.

1 Like

That is what I meant, when your using DEE without transmutor then your spamming it

Nah cooldown DEE does a fuck ton of dmg when paired with DoT’s but its cooldown is just way to harsh, doom bolt still does triple DEE’s damage though with a lower cooldown and only being 1 node.
I love DEE because its hated so much but that hate is warranted.

Try this one: Pyromancer Testbuild
100%Chaos => Fire
100% Vitality => Fire
~50% Acid => Fire
DEE aside from ontop Acid is completely Fire.
-200% Castspeed possible
sustain is ok…ish…due to vit-devotion-procs

Not great…not awful…complicated to build since greens are essential to make it work…
It beats the game with ease, aside from that its not competitive at all. If you like kiting-builds, this is on the low end of the fun ones.

It beats SR 75. (witch for me is benchmarking acceptable builds, no matter how efficient they perform in achieving it)
Caveat:
If you catch bad modifieres, especially -20 castspeed , don’t even try. Oh and also forget about bossmobs with high fireres. You can have all the RR you want you won’t do any damage to them. Like literally no damage…
Lots of variables, that can make this build a frustrating experience…can’t recommend.
DEE in any context is pretty Meh. This build is just another proof…

Can’t contribute to Crucible experience since I don’t care about it.
Oh and a question…I thought rr isn’t adding up, but just uses the highest applied to the target? Am I wrong?

I remember back in pre AoM days when I saw DEE and thought it would be a DnD Beholder like Pet and was tremendously disappointed when it turned out to be not a pet.

I wish it would be changed into a pet :neutral_face:

Something like -

7 Likes

Hm, so DEE needs to be redesigned into a Lovecraftian tentacle monster with passthrough projectiles as its main attack to really shine? Sounds good to me.

7 Likes

It’s decided then. Now we vote if it’s player or pet scaled :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

And they say you can’t please everyone. Clearly you can.

4 Likes

Transmuter will take care of that.

Yeah, too bad it won’t make it in hotfix. Have to wait for GD 2 probably.

2 Likes

It’s pretty clear DEE needs something to set it apart from the competition. How about a 1/20 chance of just firing a regular eye instead of a dreeg eye. Here are the regular eye damage stats:

• 1-1 physical damage
  • Confuse enemies for 0.5 seconds
  • squishy
  • makes a little splat noise
3 Likes

Guess I was right and wrong.^^
Thanks for the link.

1 Like

I don’t know about Spam DEE being garbage, but your build certainly is. But then again that’s partly an issue with the set requiring Rotgheist Emblem to be effective.

so after listening to experts in comment section i gave fire dee another shot, mainly focusing on the issues that experts had pointed out - low %cs and absence of rotgheist’s emblem.

here’s the build - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aavmX2
about 190%cs in game due to dagger’s proc. (and bleed res is ofc capped)
because i didn’t have blazeheart (filthy thing had no %cs) i gave up bat in favor of lantern and rat.

And here comes my decent succes!:

part one:

Died to Kuba on 154. well, shit happens, right?

part two:

Almost managed to facetank two nemesis in 160. Impressive indeed.

part three:

Was very close to beating CR in 8 minutes, but couldn’t run around that enemy pack at 170.

Being serious - spam fire DEE is unplayable (and doesn’t make any sense to begin with). It’s just absurdly bad w/o passthrough or any aoe damage.
CD version might be something with the buffs its going to receive in 1.1.9.1, crit damage should scale well with DOT. But there’s one tiny problem - if DEE with this set is purely intended as CD DOT nuke, then why the fuck does it support chaos damage?

9 Likes

Cocktail says hi. :rofl:

1 Like

fair enough

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.