[Feedback] Fire DEE had it long way coming

CD DEE was proven to be a joke - paying almost 50 points to use the skill every 5 seconds? I’d better get rid off this set and take hardcapped sigils/judgment.

If you believe that it’s going to be better - take the save file and test it yourself. I might try it in future (when i’ll forget its taste) but not now.

1 Like

it has nothing to do with crucible. I’ve just proven that component skill with the very same itemization and skill destribution performs on par. And not that this component is particullary strong, seems like quite the opposite.

so what am i doing wrong? if it’s playing fire DEE than yes, i should’t be doing this.
when despite this:

and it performs like shit - i have only one explanation.

Indeed. Thx for catching that. acid->fire.

glad that you “took the bait”.

wow, 1600+400% damage with 2 DR’s. impressive indeed. so how many hours did it take you to clear sr80 with such mutator and impressive stats?

and i like how both of you miss the acid purge comparison part.

Fire/Chaos sabo might or might not be decent with this set. But that’s not the topic of my rant.

9 Likes

No casting speed on masteries; low casting speed gloves. So why am I looking at a Blazeheart here?

2 Likes

you decided not to read what i’ve written at the very first post, didn’t you

I clearly remember casting speed being an issue as well as cunning requirement.

okay, so how should i sustain this thing w/o blazeheart’s conversion?

Non/small WD casters? Health regeneration. :smile:

2 Likes

For single target damage-wise, it doesn’t add up. Compare it to a similar 4-node spammable skill, PRM and PRM Mage Hunter: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2p5kAjV.

PRM by my count gets:

• 325 Elemental damage (base node).
  • 196 average Aether damage (Distortion, gets converted).
  • 288.5 average Elemental/Aether damage (Proliferation, gets converted).
  • 272 Fire/Lightning/Aether/Elemental damage (skill modifiers, get converted).
    Totals 1081.5 damage as a mix of Fire/Lightning.

Your DEE Sentinel by my count gets:

• 252 Acid damage (base node, gets converted).
  • 136 Acid damage (Blood Burst, gets converted).
  • 140 Vitality damage (Terrifying Gaze, gets converted).
  • 200 Acid/Vitality damage (Vile Eruption, gets converted).
  • 213 Fire/Chaos damage (from skill modifiers, gets converted)
  • Total damage modified by +15%
  • Total damage modified by +24%
    Totals ~1341.866 Fire damage.

This doesn’t include weapon damage either (which DEE should win out on) or DoT damage (which it should also win out on). Even if you opted to swap out Blazeheart and lose half of your Chaos conversion, it still wins. % damage values for both aren’t too far apart and your Sentinel is running double RR masteries versus Mage Hunter which has a single mastery RR source. Like @Relinfearous mentioned above, the only chasm here between both is in casting speed.

PRM obviously wins on AoE and built-in ADCtH but beyond that as I mentioned at the start of my post, something feels off.

2 Likes

Certainly not with low casting speed and low lifesteal.

1 Like

PRM also have higher % crit damage.

Also is it me or spam DEE animation is looking slow?

1 Like

Pretty impressive strawmanning. I never called it “impressive” or “fast”. I’m also not ignoring that it performs as well as a component skill. My point wasn’t to compare it to another skill. I’m not opposed to the set getting buffed.

My point is that it was tested, the results were decent according to my absolutely arbitrary metrics (which are different than the arbitrary metrics mentioned in this topic), and the set is not unplayably bad. Those are literally the only claims I’m making

Not even, only the global conversion on the rings works for it. And the other skill modifiers don’t.

1 Like

yep, fire itemization is certainly bloated with those two.

i wasn’t happy with blazeheart either, but it’s the only meaningfull way to sustain (and it’s still sucks ass)
if you have better alternatives in mind - show me gt link please.

afaik it doesn’t. Second modifier or smth like this.

Only after the fragments disperse, the first bolt fired still gets the damage it adds (including conversion) right? Just like Vile Eruption’s fragment damage and conversion adds to the DEE projectile.

I don’t know how different it is to Brimstone and Vile Eruption. Some fragmentation info is relatively new.

never claimed that as well, my point was that it’s worse than a component skill if we’re talking about fire DEE.

i’m not a genius gamedesigner, but for some reason i feel like if with a full set, that adds respectful amount of flat and 42% total damage modifier (which looks insanely good on paper) and then it performs almost as bad as completely arbitrary component skill while having the same itemization and skill point distribution, then maybe, just maaaaybe this skill is fucking rubbish?

3 Likes