[Feedback] Infernal Knight set could use a little defensive buff

I have never posted a build lmao :scorv:

1 Like

Fair points, but since ML is the creator of the builds and he likes to min-max like crazy, I will let him answer those questions.

and that stormfire is killing you . =)

You are asking the right questions but in the wrong thread. You can go to my thread and ask there and I will explain you how I have initially tested it with DOUBLE seal of might, Conduit and Aldanar’s Vanity off-hand and it had worse survival rate than it has now. Please, thread is gonna get locked and it’s gonna be your fault.

Nope, the tread is about your feedback on IM. You said it suck and squishy, i say youre doing it wrong. :stuck_out_tongue: Im gona check a proper true-caster IK non-ADCTH breaker later. Last time i checked Pyran it did fine with standart regen-heavy devotion map.

Not only me, but also people who agreed that set is fragile and voted for its defensive buffs. But you, of course, will show everyone how to build properly with it. Sigh.

1 Like

There’s no doubt that Infernal knight is stat-poverty set. The set feels powerful because it just support a powerful skills, ie BWC and thermite mine. If those skills are nerfed harshly, no one will use IK anymore.

I suggest just give it some DA in the belt and energy Regen as a set bonus.

4 Likes

Wow good thread. I voted for yeah because Shieldbreakers got poor defense from masteries. But I don’t really think a set which enables sub 5 is really desperate for changes. It “kinda” deserves to be squishy…? :thinking:

@Ptiro

1. Everything in GD can be molded for defense. You can take Menhir bottom 3, Ravager Eyes, Seals of Might, Avatar of Cairn, Mark of Divinity, Tree of Life, etc., on any build. And be “solid.” This does not prove anything in a balance discussion about defensive deficiencies of particular items.

What you cannot do, however, is do all that and maintain your Crucible times. Sad but true, no argument in GD has any real weight unless you stick a label with Cruci times on it.

1. I see you don’t like adcth on casters. Well, me neither. But it works best as was tested and proven. Weapon components with actives provide good dps between nukes. Regen still sucks unless you spec for it fully.

All of that ofc doesn’t apply to “meme building” - way of building someone might enjoy and prefer but is far from optimal. Regen can be fun but there’s a reason it’s not “meta” - it sucks.

4 Likes

very nice night discussion

in right corner @mad_lee - builder from Europe, play high SR and Crucible, have all build with balanced stats

in left corner @Ptirodaktill - builder from Dreamland, play only Crucible, have low OA on builds and other low stats (cos close it by blessings and banners), know everything about game (ofc NO)

let’s the grate battle begin :heart:

3 Likes

Russian vs Russian aggression quickly turned out to be 2vs1. JK :smile:

because we are toxic-dream-team :rofl:

I am on left

1 Like

Let’s not overreact, guys. Many strong opinions here. I kinda agree with Ptiro’s critique of current meta, homogeneity of buildcrafting based on adcth and Cruci times as the only thing there is.

But… it is the only thing there is. Builds gotta be measured somehow. You can’t say that this build is better or that build is not right based on your feelings (and this is how you sound, Ptiro, sorry…). So people will always either set up for Cruci times or SR100+ consistency and regard everything that does not fit that narrow frame as shite. Unavoidable.

And in this silly little world of minmaxing, having to drop Cruci times to 6:30 to get consistency means the build is shite. Sub-6 is the norm, sub-5 is top-tier, and the baddest oupies approach 4:00 And if some people don’t care it’s shite for those minmaxing snobs then why the hell do they care if it gets extra 50 da and 5% physres or not? Evidently, this discussion is not for them.

Back on topic, frankly, my opinion is not that IK should be buffed. I think Justice, LD, SR, Warborn, Dark One (not perfect examples all) and all the sets which give infinitely better defense and still competitive with IK offense - they should be nerfed. A lot. Though in my heart I wish it didn’t happen! :wink:

2 Likes

So i tested the squishies sheildbreaker with absolutely stat-lless IK set. Lost 4 times to MQ traps :stuck_out_tongue: , till i switched my relic from annihilation to korvak for trap resist and my pantsu for some never used shit.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZR5EBBV build
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCCXutTddbw naked run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1dNQm6az3E 3 runs with full stock.
As you can see, outside of MQ bursts :smiley: nothing rly hurt. Should do 4 runs if Crate unfack :stuck_out_tongue: my mortar conduit and add a mortar focused ring, cause its kinda silly to use two lvl 40 rings with stat-barren.

You have done it! You’re getting the level 40 ring nerfed.

Oh noe, first, someone cut the amount of fun of Pyran by 1.5x. And now the ring. Ring F# canvas

1 Like

Random tangen - but Pepe the frog is the best

Nice build. I love the Mortar mix-in. Similar to what Plasmo did with EoR. But… that Mortar conduit is a blank. It’s not useful in any Mortar setup possible - even if you try to botch your build to make it useful on purpose. It was an oversight. You could go for regen for Vindictive since regen is the only sustain here and 800 tops is nothing. Also, why go for The Big One if it deals less dmg than base Mortar? Double Ancient Armors don’t really pay imo because losing 10% absorption off 2.4k armor is like losing 240 armor but worse because dmg leaks from trash hits, too.

I’d just go with the flow: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZq46D9V. Slaughtered armor and da a bit… but the norm for global %dmg is closer to 3k than 2k for me. See? Squishy again! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (but honestly I’d take flat absorb over crude armor and da on a kiting caster any day, and Bat on Mortars or BwC (especially with some conversion = 10 Giant Bloods)

So you ended up doing super slow Shieldbreaker with a shield, 3300 DA, Conduit with Aether Soul and running 4 buffs 1 Vanguard banner (you can’t farm like that btw)? Lmao.

Dude what is wrong with you. I trough the initial claim of the feedback tread was squishiness of IK and lack of options for building up tankiness. I just slaped a rnd build that does naked crucible. Spent like 20 minutes to do so.
If we re intro farming builds, then that https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2B1DkJN is more that enough to deal 3 runs on 3 blessings no banner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN_-H5JOxq4 . Like didn`t even tested or optimised stuff and its working with a sole giant blood.

I wanted to ask you the same question. Apparently you ignored what I and everyone said to you. You are missing the point. Every build can be made somewhat tanky by adding a shield, 400 DA and even Empyrion in devotions.

Or did you really think you are the only one who knows “the secret” of making builds tankier? If anything, you have just proved my point, that IK is indeed squishy and in order for it to work you need a freaking Shield and an ugly no damage 3300 DA build.