[Feedback] Infernal Knight set could use a little defensive buff

among Kronley’s bandits who milk bees in Old Arkovia? Probably.
I remember IK having great times in early FG but - surprise - that times have gone long ago.
And set deserves sth more that said bonuses.

Man, you didn`t progress at all in your “builds” . You should play HC for some time to get some stuff outside of generic bat-ghoul-shit i died gdstash 100 tributes.

[quote]All the people who kept playing the game during those 8 months and assembling top-tier builds keep telling you the opposite yet you insist on the game being easy. Ok then.
[/quote]
Oh yeah, right, i must imagine these buffs in patch notes.

Remember when IK Sorc spamming BWC’s (Jov’s build? Jajaja’s build) was the top build in the game? Learn to play, guys!

Oh yeah, rly. MB its not as good as 4 minute AAR binder, but at least it don`t die twice per 3 runs like half of posted “top” builds.

dude, thanks for the “expert” opinion, but my builds speak for themselves. You can take any one of them and it does what it advertised to do. Take anyone of them (except maybe Infernal Knight SB) and try them yourself. You yourself haven’t made anything of notice since Ashes of Malmouth to talk so much shit, sorry.

Have to agree with Mad_Lee here. Crucible got much harder that using a old Build and its performance is no longer relevant to the discussion at hand.

2 Likes

You cant even make a IK shieldbraker "Builder". You manage to die with near capped DA on shieldbreaker and im talking shit right now? Do you even play these or just slap GD stash and call it a day and if it fail you came to forum and whine ? I can see a pattern here.

Probably it’s time for you to stfu and return when you learn how to behave and get acknowledged with current meta.

I test and tweak and polish my builds for days before posting them. And I update them regularly, making sure they stay relevant each patch. How many meta definining succesful builds have you made in FG? I don’t see any. You are out of your depth here, and you are derailing the argument.

If you want to take shit about my builds, here is the link to the whole 30+ of them, you can take any single one of them, test it, and come back with all the shit talking in dedicated build guides. And I might even listen.

For now you have just showed a couple of meme builds with revolutionary double Ancient Armor 90% armor absorb approach and 2400 OA, and talked a lot of shit.

1 Like

Please don’t say that! I have played many of top builds posted. Except few that are done for showcase purposes only, others are tanky and can survive better than IK. And don’t forget that builds with high WD sustain through damage, especially true for auto attackers. Vitality casters have inbuilt life steal on top of damage. So different ways to sustain them :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I tested a IK pury, Ulzuin pury, Agrivix binder and my old good Ritualist and didnt feel any increase in difficulty over the time i dropped the game one year ago. I noticed that regen now work propertly and you can build for it even w/o starpact and the game is more forgiving for DA, cause you can find it everywhere. Also, lots of secondary CC resistanses everywhere. If we check the builds section you will notice that most posted builds do crucible under 6 minutes. To deal it in such time the build need faceroll anything. As there is simply no room to maneuvre in such timeframe. So what exactly was made more difficult? The ding-ding-ding dude at wave 169 that everyone ignore?(i noticed the shorten anymation) Kaisan dude that force us to overcap poison by 30% ? Trash waves? Sir_spanksalot run naked Crucible with 2700 DA cabalist. Can you even imagine that someone run 2700 DA on AoM 150+ release? I checked 5 nightblades, no one max Dual blade. No one need phyz resist. Here, https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlbxXxN Nery Pyromancer. Didnt even bother with DA that Mad_lee ask.
I find it extreamly hard to belive that the game has been made harder when i see stuff like this.

You are again comparing apples to oranges or to be precise, making strawman arguments.

Take Sigatrev’s Skeleton Chaos Pet build for eg. It did great in Cruci Pre-FG.

Now his Ghol WH (which also has skeletons) also does well, with even going as low as 4:02 before Crucible got buffed.

But if I were to use those to say that his older Skeleton Chaos Cabalist should do well in the current crucible given general pet buffs since then, that would simply be an epic fail of a claim.

2 Likes

Purifiers are tough as nails. Combination of Censure, Inquisitor Seal, racial damage reduction, Blast Shield and even Flashbang on top of casters CDR make them nearly immortal. Agrivix Binder is Agribix Binder, not the most impressive defensive stats, but two Circuit Breakers, Maiven, Nullification, damage reduction (and now even two damage reductions) on top of weapon damage spam-casting.
Ritualists are Vitality casters, surely you can’t compare them to Fire Shieldbreakers. Especially if you are playing something like a Wildblood Ritualist.

Im not taking builds that were redesigned. OFC, stuff like my Rei dont work anymore cause it was mechanicaly destroyed.
But. I just look at build stats. And they are all glass. =) Most dont even bother to max out defensive abilities of masteries, let allone devotion map is full-dmg and the items are all dmg too. I remember times when game was hard and trust me, if someone posted "https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4VxlE5JV" something like this and claimed that its a top-tier crucible farmer ppl would laugh.:wink:

Indeed, but what shieldbreaker offer? First you have mobility , second you have a increased healing effect aura. Tird you have flat absorbtion, forth you have a resilience as last line of defense. You can just skate left and right around the pillar and wait till mortars (cause best DPS in demo ATM) and BWC do the job. Switch LMB to movement, that way you`re gona evade a lot of dmg. Switch that ghoul shit to healing devotion, as you deal no %wpn dmg, so its useless to you.

Pets were not redesigned except Mythical Will of Bysmiel losing the +1 bonus to familiar. On a chaos Pet build, that does not make or break the build.

While I have accused MadLee of the same in the past when we argued over the performance of certain builds in SR, one must also consider the balance between offense and defense and what needs to be given up for more of either.

Can all builds be built tankier? Sure, I see no reason why not.
Can the same builds be built tankier without taking a considerable hit to their offensive performance? That, since we are discussing non pet stuff, I will let you guys debate.

If the build(s) in question can comfortably farm Crucible 3x with 3+1 while going for a more defensive route, sure. But otherwise, blaming the builders for trying to be efficient and wanting more defensive stats inherently inorder to not have to resort to sacrificing the efficiency of their builds is rather poor form.

Also, what Nery said about different builds sustaining through different means. Simply going for more DA or another similar stat might not end up working too well in practice depending upon what hs to be given up for it.

1 Like

Sure, mister NONAME from safarel toxic chanel of mass-support. Your opinion is extreamly relevant to discussion. I bet you`re “top builder” too.

I literally have all this stuff on my SB, except I do have Ghoul, because I actually have weapon damage skill: Stormfire from Seal of Destruction (and it fits this devotion map) and it doesn’t help. Nor Giant helps Pyran Shieldbreakers - who are even glassier than IK Shieldbreakers.

You are really derailing a thread, man

Maska is known to be my alt. So…

Im all in for balance, but i want to point something. Mad_lee ask for DA buff. 70 flat .He said. If he need it that much, why didnt he slaped a Reaver eye in the weapon? LIke WHY? Did he realy inevitably need that 55% increase dmg from his weapon component? its less that 1% of total dmg dealing, no one gona notice it.
Then he ask for 5% phyz resist, but, again, why he didn`t use a seal of might. Is that Seal of purity rly that needed? Is there no other way to find phyz resist?

1 Like