[Feedback] Krieg's Set needs bonuses to Fighting Form (and Cadence line)

Since Fighting Form has been buffed we got an extra target for a Cadence hit at 20/12.

However, it’s almost impossible to obtain on Krieg’s Soldiers. Here is an example of Krieg’s Battle Mage, a class that hardly gets any love from Crate and has been hurt by recent removal of Aether RR from Seal of Corruption the most:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwjWRbV

As you can see build has +2 to Soldier skills, +3 to Fightning Form on the belt (which is not always the case because Death Knights, for example, don’t use this belt), +2 to Fighting Form on a medal (again, not always the case, some would prefer Korvaak’s Brand or S&B Soldiers would take an Aether medal) and it’s still 1 point short.

I propose giving Krieg’s set bonuses to Cadence line, including ~6 points to Fighting Form. Krieg’s Soldiers rely on Cadence (and not Blitz) as their main damage dealer, it’s only fair that set gives some bonuses to it.

4 Likes

Buff blitz instead.

3 Likes

How about using Serenity? You lose ±100% aether dmg, but got +1 to soldier

I kindly ask to refrain from build advice and discuss the Krieg Soldier archetype. As I said, it’s a general Krieg Soldier’s problem. Krieg Soldiers that don’t use that belt and that medal can’t be helped by Serenity.

And using Serenity instead of Agrivix would be a big mistake here tbh

Fine then. Still if Krieg is going to buff cadence, something else must be removed, as of now krieg sets already support 2 soldier skill blitz and war cry.

Since break morale and krieg wrath both reduce flat resistance, with break morale reduce more but only to physical and krieg wrath to all resistance. Maybe this bonus can be changed to the Cadence line like this?

Krieg set removed:
+2 war cry
+2 break morale
-1s cd to war cry
200 aether dmg to war cry

Changed into:
+2 cadence
+2 fighting form
+1 max target to cadence
-1 charge level to cadence

That seems reasonable. War Cry damage mode is especially a meme. So that’s one of the ways you can improve Krieg.

not gonna happen, Zantai already voiced his opinion on this iirc

I think it’s fair to ask for buffs to the whole Cadence line on Krieg, not just Fightning Form.

You can see that Magelord ring set gives +2 to FF but you’ll never take them on a Soldier because after the seal nerf you desperately need all aether RR you can possibly get.

Aether melee is in a very poor place right now, the majority of builds aren’t playable anymore. And aether Soldier will never be OP so why hold back on Soldier buffs for Krieg? It’s pretty weird when a goddamn Krieg Sorcerer vastly outperforms Krieg DK or Battlemage - two of the three classes the set is made for.

I propose to remove bonuses to Blitz and add significant bonuses to the whole Cadence line.

Also the Blitz itself should be reworked (i suggest to make it a small AoE attack because Soldier already has multitarget Blade Arc and basically no AoE). It’s absolutely useless as a main skill and is always taken as a 1-pointer for movement.

2 Likes

+1. /10chars

Time to get more civil on the feedback since I just woke up.

I don’t agree with this. Mainly due to a few points:

1. As far as I know, Krieg cadence soldiers still perform better than warborn cadence soldiers.

2. As far as the GD way of item support goes, you can’t just add fighting form points to krieg without supporting cadence itself and removing blitz. I’d rather let krieg remain a blitz set and let Crate and the playerbase find a way to make blitz work. We’ve seen OFF and Blade trap work in their respective sets and both skills are even trashier than blitz without support.

The goal here is not to make krieg stronger in general - cause if it is then the entire OP post is valid. The goal is to stay true to what the theme of the set is while making it stronger in line of that.

I’m not against asking for krieg buffs. But not in this direction.

7 Likes

There’s nothing to suggest that the Krieg set should or has to support Cadence. If the player wants to use Fleshwarped Strikes from Heart of Theodin Marcell, that should be fine too.

You are right. But that’s how Krieg soldiers play. Krieg + dual Mindwarp Cadence is far superior to Fleshwarped Strikes or Aether Blitz. The synergy between the set, Mindwarps and Conduit for Aether Cadence is super obvious.

So why not add Cadence support? Melee builds are less meta than Caster builds and Krieg Soldiers are on the weaker side of the spectrum of melee builds. So why not tweak people’s favourite set and make it a bit more powerful? Especially given how Battle Mage is still the weakest and most forgotten class there is.

Agreed, cadence needs some serious love, its a bit silly how much damage bonuses you need to stack to make it half decent and even then its lacklustre. One thing which would help would be to let wps activate on every hit instead of just every hit in between

1 Like

That is a decent idea (though perhaps a bit OP as the 3rd strike hits like a cruise ship) though in my personal experience the build lacks AOE so adding +2 targets to the set would help.

I suggest rather reinforcing the sets themes to be better here too. Give blitz some love (lower cd might be a good start) and perhaps its war cry mods too. Some aether resist reduction for the soldier line through war cry or blitz could be something nice too since Spellbinders resist reduction and other aether buffs kind of outstrip having aether blitz as the only “redeeming quality” here.

Although the resist reduction might be a bit much for aether cadence soldiers.

not that OP really because it will make up for just the straight weapon damage of the ‘other’ hits. bursty single target is supposed to be what cadence is all about. maybe if some has hard capped execution playing some shattered guardian blademaster it might hit ultra hard and be OP lol but yeah…

This. Krieg set is literally screaming to be a BlitzKrieg set. Low CD AoE RR blitz followed by cadence or fleshwarped strikes or even callidor to death is what I want Krieg set to be. From Devil’s Crossing to Fort Ikon in one tank.

So improve the Krieg set for blitz and improve the conduit for aether cadence - both sides happy?

Maybe add like +1 target to cadence for the conduit mod?

1 Like

Sorry to burst your bubble but all Soldier skills are incapable of having a -% RR mod added to it, if I’m not mistaken.

Except it would be. Cadence DW currently has the default 50% chance for both weapons to strike. A cadence BM is looking at something like 450%+ applied weapon damage per swing on average with WPS padding out the normal swings. Belgothian BM on full charge is 520%+ applied weapon damage.

If cadence stacked with wps you’re guaranteeing both weapons swing via wps proc. The average applied hit from cadence alone in the BM case would be roughly 1500%, averaging in with the normal swings for a stellar ~700% weapon damage average per swing on top of the flat riders and potentially degenerate interactions of cadence stacked upon multi target wps. Multi target execution cadence :upside_down_face: where’d the nemeses go?

Cadence does not hit with both hands. It hits with one hand, and if you have DW WPS, the other hand can roll for one of them. However, the 500% WD Cadence hit never happens with both weapons.

1 Like