Improving Blitz

Buffing Blitz is something that came up recently in the Krieg Cadence topic and a fair number of people want to see it get some love so I figured why not make a place to discuss it. It’s not just a Krieg thing either, Justice builds rarely focus on Blitz, Markovian builds are rare as well and both support it so making the core skill more attractive would make these sets more appealing for other things.

How about lowering the cooldown overall?

Compared to other movement-based damage skills like Shadow Strike and Vire’s Might, Blitz has the highest base cooldown and has no innate mastery node that lowers the cooldown ala Nidalla’s Justifiable Ends/Tectonic Shift.

This is important as lower cooldown is part of what allows these skills to stand on their own in builds around them, being able to drastically reduce the cooldown means they’re less dependent on other skills and also makes playing them more fluid. Blitz’s high cooldown means that no matter how you use it, you always have to take another skill or 2 to use in between uses.

I’d suggest either lowering the base skill cooldown from 3.8 seconds to around 3 seconds, or better yet, just give -x second cooldown reduction to Blindside.

5 Likes

Replacing the knockdown with stun would also improve the skill. I know it only works on trash mobs, but it’s annoying knocking them away and having to run up to them to finish them off. It’s honestly the main thing i don’t like about Blitz.

5 Likes

Maybe at softcap it could have an extra ‘charge’ so you can use it twice immediately and at max overcap one more charge.

Yep, it needs shorter cooldown, at most 3 seconds. And I would give it more internal trauma damage. Double it at least or more like triple it. Vire’s Might has a lot more IT damage and it also has burn damage. It is really lacking in both cooldown and damage a lot.

Upping the DoT damage on it a bit would be nice but double or triple might be pushing it a bit, it also comes with the DA shred after all and if the buff goes through will come with cooldown reduction as well giving enough of an incentive to invest into it.

Base Blitz does more damage than base Vire’s Might as well. Vire’s Might in general does have Volcanic Stride to help but keep in mind that’s another 12 skill points you have to sink in the skill line when comparing the 2 skills.

Theese cooldown based skills should have big DoTs. Vires has, Blitz doesn’t.

There is nothing saying they need just big DoT damage. Just because Shadow Strike and Vire’s Might do does not mean Blitz does as well. A fair number of cooldown-based nukes in general compensate for low or no DoT damage with high direct damage, that is my point.

Again, I wouldn’t mind seeing Blindside get a boost on it’s Trauma damage, but asking for it to compete with Vire’s Might’s Trauma and Burn damage on one skill node ontop of everything else Blindside does (DA shred and potentially CDR) is too much.

If Blitz got a 3rd skill node, I’d be all for it getting more DoT damage added to that just like Volcanic Stride/Nightfall are separate skill nodes with DoT damage.

Then at least the cooldown should be lower.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.