[Feedback] Melee Physical Cadence needs a buff

That i get. But if your dmg source is very small and is dealt to the enemy with high armor it will get through FULLY.

In the example with M. Beronath 2210 dmg to Alex results in 2557*30% = 767 dmg. But a smaller source, 6 flat from some ring, will also result in 767 dmg against Alex. This is pretty big for making an endgame build. You know the treshold of small dmg going through the boss armor unreduced and build around that.

You can build physical damage around a concept of death of a thousand cuts,and/or dot and/or threshold damage.

Firstly it was sarcastic, secondly itā€™s a proposal for player options. Overcapping armor absorb for endgame sounds extra cancerousā€¦ the physical mitigation available to builds is already arbitrary enough as it is

Just donā€™t allow overcapping, as is the current status. And it would be only relevant to thematic opposition. Maybe youā€™ll have to be a little bit careful on occasion with builds that count on 4K+ armor to do it all.

Maybe some hero sneaks into the pack and debufs your absorbā€¦

Thatā€™s even worse, this will disproportionately affect the little guy who is just barely able to amass defenses against physical damage. If you think the high armor builds are a problem why not just nerf the pieces of the puzzle they alone are benefiting from so it doesnā€™t throw the rest of the pattern out of whack?

I was simply thinking that it could add more interesting enemies and challenge. Itā€™s not that I want to nerf high armor or low armor. :roll_eyes:

What about it is interesting? I just see another debuff that hits one of the most common weak points on builds.

Most people donā€™t care about the time, they care about completing Glad 170 at all and getting some loot.

Do you think current endgame isnā€™t challenging enough? I personally think itā€™s hell.

Last intances where physical damage REALLY shined were overpowered retaliation builds (not really about physical damage but rather about the broken mechanic of how it was added to the attack) and Warborn EoR (which also the case of overpowered skill rather than type of damage). I canā€™t really remember where physical builds were kings, must have been long ago.

Internal Trauma is still very good though.

With all due respect, Ceno:

I canā€™t agree or disagree with you here mate. All I can say is that the above is a claim no one can make with certainty, because we do not represent the majority of players.

Andā€¦

EDIT: Unless of course Iā€™m ignorant of some poll crate & co. have done in the past.

Itā€™s not a claim about what I want. What I want is to never play Crucible at all.

Itā€™s an observation of what Iā€™ve seen from those on my friends listā€¦

and on the GD Discord.

As to what people hope to do, canā€™t say. Iā€™d expect the majority of players hope to get some good fun out of a game. Howsoever that may manifest, whether it be by joining the 0.1% of us that actually care about balance or by playing the game once and putting it down, thatā€™s something only Crate would be in a position to determine.

Fair enough. Wasnā€™t trying to be confrontational, mate. <3

My stance on the the very sensitive issue of nerfs/rebalancing has always remained constant:

1. It doesnā€™t affect me personally, because I GDstash, and if my build gets nerfed, I enjoy the challenge of reviving it. I also accept the fact that it (like everything else) may die.

2. I donā€™t ever presume to speak for others. All Iā€™m doing here is just voicing my concern, which is very much so grounded on my subjective experience playing GD as a casual all those years ago.

Just some food for thought, thatā€™s all.

P.S - you should try naked crucible. Itā€™s pretty exciting. :stuck_out_tongue:

Think weā€™re doing okā€¦

1 Like

The time he meant was before any of us were playing. During the time of jajaja warborn and fluff markovian. Around 1.0.4.0 I think, after the shard of beronath pierce bm nerfs. Damn fluff is old.

1 Like

I agree, Zantai. I keep saying this coz this is the internet, and a large portion of communication is done via body language but Iā€™m truly not trying to disparage anyone here.

Just expressing my genuine concern for others, and as always, I have faith in crate.

@mad_lee:

have you forgotten octavian warlord, and EoR warlords already?

Iā€™m not up on all the lingo the kids these days are using; naked Crucible = no buffs/banners, right?

TBH, thatā€™s the only form of Crucible Iā€™ve ever played. I hate keeping track of my Tributes and just leave it at 99 on the few characters Iā€™ve taken through Cruci. Canā€™t be bothered to spend them on a meta I donā€™t understand.

Get with the times, you old fart. <3

tfw being called an old fart while in your mid 20s

1 Like

Damn, I may very well be older than you Ceno. :stuck_out_tongue:

Old fart spanks

2 Likes