[Feedback] Monster A.I. is becoming buggy again in Crucible. Torraxteria's invulnerability bug is back too

Thanks for doing that, much appreciated.

I guess it’s the rusty old game engine or something, not much to do but to wait for GD2 here.

If there was some mysterious issue, we’d see it in the campaign too.

1 Like

I noticed in the compaign that aetherial mages don’t take any damage from my AAR for a couple of seconds. I know they have %damage absorption but not 100%? Or do they have Mirror? Though not frustrating in the compaign I thought it 's designed behaviour.

Yes, you can see blue spikes for a few seconds.

Ok then no questions.

Please revert the changes, I am surprised that you caved. Madlee may be a forum veteran but in this instance is not. I gave an explanation. Also missed out that Bloodkeeper hero Rhidal’Gulvor also have extra 15% lightning res on the aura buff as well as the 15% damage absorb and another 20% damage absorb buff they can grant. Madlee build is really bad at procing RR, no elemental storm proc against torrax for most of the encounter, ultos is bound to inquisitor seal so no ultos RR, no aura of censure for the start of the fight. Invoker RR is easily useless due to wild proc locations in crucible. Seems that ele storm is bound very inefficiently where it procs in wildly random places. Prioritising tsunami procs clearly hurts in this encounter and so it should, there is no glitch or bug…

So. It is math that explains why the damage is poor, RR issues and significant %damage absorb buffs, reduced damage debuff%.

Also it is plain weird that an encounter like this is called glitched or bugged because it lasts ~10 seconds. Our own characters have high defences and skills like mirror of ereoctes so it is only right that monsters have their own tools too.

Edit: btw the damage reduction debuff was 35%. Caused by Vladris who also gave torrax a %damage absorb shield buff. nullification won’t wipe a lot of these things away which is why it is best saved for the invulnerability shield thing near the end.

2 Likes

But then nemesis bosses should take longer to kill than an aetherial hero. Isn’t it logical?

Not in this instance no. Nemesis only have one high resist, e.g valdaran with lightning. Aetherial hero like Torraxteria have all the elemental resists as significant. The other circumstances of the situation: reduced damage% debuff, multiple stacking %damage absorb aura and extra res buffs, slow&poor RR procing, special shield skill. They explain why it takes longer.

“No, don’t nerf it, buff every other hero to be as tough as Torraxteria!”

the argument you don’t often hear in these threads.

@mad_lee maybe next time link the unpacked dbr files instead.

Not sure if you are lowkey taking shots at my build but it’s the best binding I could find. I also found that flat RR from Elemental Storm is not super effective. The situation you are describing is still abnormal, 10 seconds+ fight in Crucible against normal hero with a high end build that melts three nemeses in 7 seconds is not ok.

what

I sometimes face this “challenge” in main campaign when leveling in Malmouth/Crown Hill. A group of aetherial mages healing each other and casting mirror on themselves. Combine this with the freaking maze design of those houses… not a very pleasant experience to say the least :slight_smile: Thank god I can just skip them which is easier now thanks to the medal augments

This actually happens pretty regularly. I make a lot of elemental builds and sometimes around were Valaxteria is she spawns with other heroes with Myrmydon backup. On top of that she sometimes spawns with Insulating or resistant gear just to spice things up further.

If there is one thing I have come to dread more than Callagadra, more than Crate, more than Ana’yourresistsmeansnothing’steria, even more than Grava’s big red balls to the face, it is getting a group of healers also buffing each other and ones like timewarped hidden inbetween.

I gotta cave somewhere in compensation for not caving to his crying that Crucible got harder. :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t recall ever seeing clarification on item pools for humanoid enemies in crucible. It’s not a preset for their gear is it? I’ve always noted aetherial humans rain rare gear so could this be a case of elemental res being very common on affixes?

Found your soft spot. Needs to cry loud for something and after you deny it, then to introduce my initial idea. :smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

The modern version of the “cry wolf” parable. Cry “bug”.

This thread made me smile. Zantai’s compassion too. :joy:

1 Like

Not taking lowkey shots. You complained about not dealing damage to Torrax and I simply raised relevant criticism. I guess you optimised it for aoe damage (ultos on inqui seal will never maximise proc rate vs single target) but my points about rr were true when it comes to procing them against specific targets and the video shows that.

Why not tsunami on inqui seal and ultos on storm box? Why not elemental storm on prm instead of arcane bomb? Storm should be more of a dps boost given cold and fire contributions? Still you tested it so I guess it is best as you bound, but monsters like aethetial hero will be a natural weakness of such bindings.