Feedback on first character [HC] / Questions regarding benchmarks

Hey guys!

First post on this forum. I´m around 50 hours in on my first character, I have one thing left on normal to complete and that is the last challenge dungeon in the game in FG. I´m a bit scared to go in though as things are certainly hitting pretty hard right now. I dipped into Elite and got the last shrines to get to 55/55 to make sure I´m as strong as possible before tackling it.

What I am wondering is what general benchmarks to look for before going into Elite? Like I know resistances are important to get to 80, but physical damage combined with something like stuns are what makes me a bit scared. Is there a specific defense rating to look for?

I’m a bit lost on how to progress further from now. Like I would like to get a good item set to synergize with my build, but I have no idea what set and where to farm? Item sets seems to be very random aswell as getting recipes for specific sets. Shattered Realm? Crucible? Go into Elite and try to progress there?

I would also be open to convert the build to some sort of pet build, but it needs to be at least as strong as I´m currently.

Maybe I´m a bit confusing, if there’s any questions, feel free to ask them and I’ll reply asap.

Also want to say I´m so sold on this game, I´m having an amazing time playing it! Coming from a pretty high amount of hours on Diablo 3 I thought I would have a hard time getting into another ARPG, but this game just keeps amaze me with so many things. The soundtrack most of all iis just astonishing!

EDIT 1
Okay! So I took in some advice from you guys and some from reddit. I spent this evening changing quite alot of stuff up. So here’s a link to the new me.

Revision 1 (old) : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLwbdw2

Revision 2 (new) : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EMJqj2

I feel alot more stronger and way more confident with this! Feels like I made some great progress on my toon, so tomorrow I will try Tomb of The Heretic and then move onto the Elite campaign!

Best Regards
Hollow

I’d follow a guide, like [1.1.2.5] Beginners/Budget Vindicator,lightning Caster/2h Ranged versions (the caster version) and tailor it towards druid instead of vindicator. Your skills are gear are like all over the place, are you melee or caster?

Green items are a life saver when it comes to stats and resistances. Here is the guide above that I made Druid final version for, cheap style, https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EMJdn2

Also you can look at RektByProtoss video guides on youtube, he has TONS of HC leveling information :slight_smile:

These guides should be helpful:

And I agree with @Ulvar1, you miss out if you dismiss rare items.

2 Likes

To clarify some:

My current playstyle is mostly putting down totems and wind devils while kiting. If I can facetank I do so with Savagery, but I prefer to keep distance.

Regarding your gear points, I´ve simply used the gear I´ve found that covers the resistances I´m lacking. Lately though I’ve not even looked at green items and just sold them though, but yeah, maybe I should reconsider using green pieces instead! :slight_smile:

Also, I´ve watched a ton of RBP´s videos, I´ve built my Druid around his video, but the problem is that his build uses a full set and he talks mostly about how to play the end game when he got all his pieces. Nothing that really covers the long way on how to get there. I also watched his How to Level a Shaman video.

Thanks for your insights!

you don’t have flat RR devotion (Revenant, Rhowan’s Crown, Manticore). Suggest you remake your devotion path to include one of them - preferably Revenant or Rhowan’s Crown.

What is RR?

Resistance reduction.

Post updated!

Now we are getting somewhere, ditch savagery it will only get you killed at some point - bad habit :wink:

Bind Acrane bomb to aether lightning, and bat to wind devil. Arcane bomb can not be binded to pseudopets like wind devil or storm totem.

You have not started Elite yet :open_mouth:

No I have not! As I’ve explored basically everything, the exp stacks up quite alot. :slight_smile:

But how do you mean, remove Savagery points and all it’s modifiers? Tenacity of the Boar and Stormtouched feels like they are very strong to have, but maybe I’ll find more use spending those points elsewhere?

Regarding devotion assignment. If I bind arcane bomb to aether lightning and bat to wind devil, I am forced to bind Savagery to Eye of Korvaak. Is it not better to have it as I have currently?

Also really need a new pair of legs, hoping to get a good pair asap.

get another skill for procing korvaak, like entangle wine or something. You dont wanna tank in melee range later in the game…