Hi, after farming more than 300 runs at anasteria (no less than 20 per day for no less than 2 weeks), after levelling a dedicated character only for that (since i was friendly with Outcast with all my characters), after more than 20 useless blue outcast hoods dropped and still no trace of the aforementioned purple item, i sincerely want to leave my feedback as a player.

My feedback is that the drop rates of this item are pure bullshit, bullshit to a ridiculous level.

I don’t remember the last time i farmed so much and so uselessly for an item (and i had played to some nasty corean shit in my times).

I really don’t unterstand what you are trying to achieve with such preposterously low drop rates (clearly very near to zero). You aren’t making the item precious, rare and/or desirable, you are only inducing players to cheat or leave the game.
I never once cheated in this game since when i bought it in june 2016, but now for the first time i am strongly compelled to do that. Only reason i haven’t done it already is that, with my character, once cheated even for a single time i could simply leave the game the day after. Why bothering in playing when everything i could drop could more easily be crafted with a mod?

Now, i have a direct question for the developers: is this goddamn item actually possible to drop?

From my experience the answer is clearly no. An item that doesn’t drop after 300 tries is as good as unobtainable.
On the other hand, it’s almost a month now that i am LF that item on the trading threads, and not once i have found a possible seller. Do your math.

So, please, for f*** sake, let’s seriously increase the drop rates with the first hotfix, right now the entire matter is a farce.

Thanks

Don’t know about the drop rate since I never antagonize Anasteria but I got mine in Gladiator crucible. I think it’s less boring to farm glad.

I didn’t specified that, but i was referring to the level 94 item by the way.

Back in the times, farming anesteria i found at least 4 level 75 outcast secrets, is the drop rate of the new level 94 item that is crazy low.

I got mine from Crucible. lvl75 though.
It’s just extremely rare.

Which really, really shouldn’t be the case. The opportunity cost of farming a specific side boss (especially one with reputation/faction blocks like Anasteria) is already high without having to deal with single or lower digit % drop rates.

If you’re farming for it in the Crucible, it currently has a very low chance to drop the level 94 version.

Not sure why it seems so rare from the boss itself, but I adjusted the loot table for a future update.

im farming it in the main game

I noticed something btw, don’t know if it’s related: sometimes anesteria drops me 2 legendaries together. Maybe one of them should be the OS and there is some bug? Or it’s normal?

That’s just good luck. Or not since you’re trying to find the MI, but you get the point :slight_smile:

With the premise that I have rather strong opinions on the traditional ARPG “just keep rolling those dices, baby” approach to itemization (which is, for me, the single worst flaw of Grim Dawn), the new level 94 Outcast’s Secret seems plainly bugged. As far as I can tell, other MIs don’t drop below their expected level bracket: once you reach level 94 or so, the highest-level version is the one that drops, always. However, level 100+ Anasteria seems to only drop the level 75 Outcast’s Secret.

Before the expansion, I’d read that nemesis-level Anasteria had a 15% chance to equip something in her head slot with a roll for epic/legendary, resulting in a 10% chance to drop the Hood and a 5% chance to drop the Secret (source). My pre-AoM experience seemed to agree: after 18 runs, she had dropped 1 Secret and 2 Hoods – the probability of finding a Secret after 18 runs should have been 60% or so. Not exactly a fun and happy way to spend time, but not unreasonable by ARPG standards.

Assuming that didn’t change with the expansion, it’s obvious that something is off. Corvinus talks of 300 runs, and in the thread linked above at least one other reports 100; I myself gave up after 92 utterly regrettable runs in AoM 1.0.2, which yielded 2 level 75 Secrets (at run 40 and at run 77, a suspiciously larger amount of runs per drop) and 14 Hoods (of which I didn’t track the level, unfortunately). Statistically this just doesn’t line up, and again, it doesn’t make much sense for a nemesis to drop MIs that lag 25 levels behind the player.

I’m not sure if anything changed in 1.0.3.x, but I’d recommend steering clear of Anasteria until her drop rates are reviewed, or at least until the whole MI / drops without affixes business is fixed.

Speaking of So rare is there anything in the code about doing Rogue Boss in Multiplayer giving nothing? It can’t be a coincidence anymore it just get plain stupid at this point. I know the game is SP based and if the chance to get Specific Legendary in MP are gimped I just would like to know so I stop wasting time and keys on stuff that will never drop while expecting them to end up getting them one day.

Before AoM (as AoM number are too low to consider for now) I got exactly 0 Rogue Boss Item in 200+ runs in Multiplayer (translate this to 0 in 500 as those run where done in 2-3-4 players game and Instanced loot and everytime it was Nothing or Vital Essence drop never Legendary…Alkamos does drop a Green Sword (or Scythe) from time to time. Sharzul does drop a Yellow Axe from time to time. Port drop a Tainted Brain on occassion Also never saw a Blue Drop in MP)

I got 3 Alkamos Ring in a single day of Single Player Farming (about 20 Runs)
I got Sharzul Epic Drop and Scepter Epic in less 5 runs or less on each Dungeon. (Didn’t do enough SP of those two to not be able to attribute the lack of Legendary drop to just bad luck)

The same can be extended to Mad Queen (0 drop in 50+ MP Run 1 drop in less than 10 in Single Player)

Didn’t run Anasteria in Multi-Player but got the Helm on run #8 in Single Player also. Also got the Blue version twice before getting the Legendary (so 3 Drop in 8 runs).

The only Boss “purple” that seem to be dropping in Multi-Player are Sentinel BluePrint (but they are BP not Item…so)

If you have the level 94 purple one and you don’t plan to use it, i will pay very well for it

I think that those boss drops (what the boss is carrying, not the loot orbs) aren’t instanced.
I did a bunch of Alkamos runs with a friend and every time I didn’t get a sword/scythe, it dropped for him instead.