[Feedback] Petition to return Fire to Lightning conversion to Cindertouch gloves

Id love to see a test of the same parameters but using wyrmbones, if anyone is up for it. Why test only cindertouch and not the gloves which are a potential rival in power level?

1 Like

Because the thread is about cindertouch.

3 Likes

then why are we even talking about any other gear besides cindertouch?

Should we discount every comment in this thread that anyone brought up referencing any other gear piece?

Well @grey-maybe mentioned wyrmbones
 Ask him :smiley:

1 Like

Others have mentioned Thundertouch Bracers. Im sure other gloves were also mentioned earlier on.

Im not asking him, im asking you, because it only seems fair to test both when comparing them.

Look buddy, i didnt choose to compare nothing. My point was just to prove cyclone is still fine without the conversion, as a hybrid. That’s all. If anyone wants a comparison the GT is there, they can just more their lazy asses, crafts the chars, run them and check the results. That’s it.

4 Likes

EDIT: never mind

1 Like

The post is not specifically about hybrid builds though
 Is it.

1 Like

Actually, never mind
 I didn’t realize that cyclone was half fire.

“Lol at the poll results” ©

But let us be serious. I use Cindertouch, but do not rely on now-lost conversion (2x Mythical Stormhearts provide almost full Fire and Chaos to Lightning conversion). The gloves have nice proc, crit and raw damage, needed Chaos resistance etc. So basically nothing changed (for my build). And I think, yes, let Fire player base have a new toy. Whatever.

But I voted for reversion because the item was changed and nothing was given in return. Mask of Gurgoth, you say? Helmet slot is occupied in 99.9% build cases, so not a chance. In my opinion, it was a poorly motivated nerf for some solid (not overperforming) Lightning builds that utilize Cindertouch (as shown above). And this is not the end. More such nerfs with “funny” comments will come. The question is - to what end? Variety
 or Homogeneity? :thinking:

Rant is over :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

So just because one niche build decided not to use Wyrmbones for some reason (points to BWC and Lighnting damage to Mines and BWC, hello??) - “case closed”? You realise that with conversion and pure lightning focus build was better, right? And that Wyrmbones are made exactly for Lightning/Fire hybrid with Lightning damage to Mines/BWC?

“Case closed” my ass, lmao.

1 Like

Wanna try to prove it for aether battle mage builds?

1 Like

I suppose he doesn’t know that case.

3 Likes

Case closed for sure and conversion will surely not comeback. You are forgeting it’s all about balance :wink:

Sure, after battlemage gets built in RR from its masteries.

#off-topic

1 Like

I love how you created an entire argument by yourself (gloves without conversion being an okay option for 1 niche build) that is really besides the point, proved it, ignoring all the other arguments including that even for that niche build Wyrmbones are clearly better, and pronounced that “case” was “closed”. Good job.

5 Likes

i love how you make an entire topic about the one item needed for a build to work :D.

3 Likes

This will probably happen in GD2. :frowning:

You’d been accused of strawman fallacy and immediatly decided to use ad hominem.
Great job.

7 Likes