[Feedback] Petition to return Fire to Lightning conversion to Cindertouch gloves

When i said cookie cutter i meant builds, not items. For the record i like cyclone too and play it with pleasure.

Does necessarily have to be an EoR build.

So removal of the conversion from Cindertouch helped some hybrid Cyclone Shieldbreaker (yet to see at least a grimtools link) that doesn’t use EoR? Ok then.

I don’t have data on the truth of my statement. It was a bias, non data opinion because of the weapon damage and HC player inside me that is just trying to stay alive and every little bit of %wd with leech is valued, regardless of the amount.

On top of that, the proc on Cindertouch functions like wind devil which I find slow to move and sometimes requires direction to go where I want it. Where as Wyrmbone is fire and forget.

This is personal bias as I typically don’t have another easy to reach button to assign the pet attack option too because a lot of my builds are piano and I don’t want another button to press.

I would love to see someone with the dmg mod show what % of the damage each proc puts out over the course of 2-3 minutes or so on various targets to see what the truth is.

So there was a bug that was allowing arcane mobs to dispel on a far away targets via destructables. Z gave a reason…boom done end of my gripe.

Why hasn’t that happened here?

Anyways, my initial decision about this change was wrong as it was a gut reaction to how I want to play and not what’s good for the masses.

If this conversion wasn’t breaking the game or causing some other unwanted effects then I can’t see a world where both it’s former form (talking about Cindertouch) and it’s current form (with a different name) can’t coexist.

The only real argument, can’t remember who pointed this out to me but I give credit, is that too much conversion causes balance issues. But without formal acknowledgement, I still have zero clue.

My comment wasn’t aimed at you specifically, just in general. You weren’t the only person I saw suggest it nor was I trying to disprove your claim, just genuinely curious.

You’re right that it’s worth considering both proc’s behaviour. I was just looking at numbers in a vacuum which is not the best way to weigh both procs against each other.

1 Like

No offense taken at all. And I was pointing out that you’re right. Hard data is necessary to determine the truth. :+1:

1 Like

If it was removed two or three patches ago that would have been a valid argument but last patch all the overperforming builds that used that conversion had already been nerfed a lot.

No use speculating what the reason was. But if I was to speculate it was most probably along the lines of “let’s do something so that meta doesn’t get stale no matter if it makes sense or not.” Because it obviously doesn’t make sense. Pure seasonal change, I think.

1 Like

ok… i’ve just discovered that cinder is a fragment of solidified lava from volcanic eruption.

and apparently volcanic eruption can create a volcanic lightning phenomena that arises from colliding, fragmenting particles of volcanic ash (and sometimes ice? what?) which generate static electricity within the volcanic plume leading to the name dirty thunderstorm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinder
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcanic_lightning

this means, whether cindertouch go fire or lightning theme, it’s name still stick to its theme of cindery ashy lava rock that is also involved in dirty thunderstorm.

also, if cindertouch is changed to become ice themed gauntlet, it still fits the theme. because as mentioned above, volcanic eruption can have ice element involved in it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryovolcano

sorry for the silly geological ramblings. but this proves that crate doesn’t nerf?/buff? cindertouch based on its theme. maybe crate is still undecided about cindertouch’s role in builds and wanting to hear player feedbacks before experimenting further.

who knows that grim dawn can teach you weird thing about volcanos? dirty thunderstorm and ulzuin throwing chilly cryovolcanic rage comes to mind.

7 Likes

I think they should have versions with fire to lightning and lightning to fire, because they are a fire and lightning item but they always convert fire to lightning, so builds focusing on Fire alone lose damage using them. If we had drops with both conversions it would be beneficial to fire and to lightning builds

Case closed. Hybrid without conversion does just fine.

3 Likes

why not the wyrmbones then? they are better

Because this

EDIT also take a look at chaos resistances and what it’ll happen if i replace cindertouch with wyrmbone. Did i mention we also lose 5% crit damage?

1 Like

The pet with the most frustrating AI? But you’ve lost 10% CS, 500 HP
So we are down to only chaos res.
Also, i doubt that proc on wyrmbones is even worse than the one on cindertouch.

Dunno man, that pet stacks well with my wind devils xD.
Edit Also, if wyrmbones were better we would’ve seen them used instead of cindertouch despite it having conversion, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Can you test both gloves?
If the difference is significant, than it will be justified (at the very least)

1 Like

I dont need to test both, all i needed to prove is that the build is fine without the conversion, not which gloves is better lol :smiley:

1 Like

But other builds suffer from the loss of this conversion. What’s the point then? Cyclone is fine? Ok, great, but why the removal of conversion suddenly became justified?

Because its clearly about cyclone’s power. Same case as the RR removal from aether corruption :slight_smile:

1 Like

prove the same with Lightning PRM, please

I do not know the case of lightning prm.