[Feedback] Runebinder's set

6:30 is surprisingly good for this build! Have you tried Tome of Atonement? Also, Wymrscale gloves => Haggarads/Ignafars/Cinders? For energy maybe drop that silly Behemoth and do this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2g9vzyZ? But I don’t see how you can have trouble with 100% energy absorb, just don’t kite, lol :wink:

Anybody tried double Warpfire purifier or double Chillflame Evoker infiltrator lately?

I would add the 5th Item - attack speed bonus for crossbow. When you want not only cast runes, but also use range weapon. :slight_smile:

Cadence Tactician approves your opinion!

Which variant of the build did you try and where? Cause I remember I still had to use lots of potions on the lightning one due to it being a hybrid caster.

@Dmt no qualms on energy suggestion but as for damage I feel like the runes themselves should be what’s buffed. The damage penalty should be further decreased in RoH. Like make it 10% and test if it’s in a good place. Agree with elemental dots.

Also, I wanna add that as for the runic bolts portion, I think it needs more attack speed. Autoattacker 2h items generally have 15+ attack speed while runebinder only gives you 12 on the granted skill.

Or just scrap everything and add 50% pierce to elemental on 5 pc set bonus.

And Beronath’s Fury Mage Hunter also approves it! :wink:

1 Like

I’ve only ran in in crucible a few times, not in SR yet. Just ran it a couple hours today, and I don’t know if I’ve ever used any amount of potions of any kind to any great extent. I built it almost exactly like yours as shown on Grim Tools except for boots although I did put a few points in spirit. I’m pretty poor at theory crafting so I’m a bit puzzled.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwLP8qN

Those proposed quality of life changes seem very reasonable. I also agree with x1x2, slight to moderate damage buffs to runes is due. Time to bring them back a bit.

I think Runebinder ’s set and Inquisitor are already strong enough.

And this set should pay attention not only to the strength of the rune,
but also the weapon attack and WPS strength when using the full set.
It should not be forgotten that these are not separate elements,
but a set with the advantage of being able to use both simultaneously.

With regard to energy issues,
the update allows energy to be absorbed from the bosses,
making it easy to cover any build with constellations and components.

I tend to agree with this but this is a feedback thread and the OP is entitiled to her findings.

Also… If the devotions with energy focus are never to be used, then these devotions should be improved (again!). What is the point of a devotion like harvestman if it is shunned even if energy is required for a build such as this?
*that was retorical as most of harvestman’s effect can be found cheaper and in tier 1 devotions and/or only taking the first node of harvestman is efficient in some cases.

Sometimes I use constellations - Viper,Revenant (and also harp!)
(and component - like SoulShard, and with for reduce energy costs).
Even with energy-intensive builds like EoR,
there is no longer any energy exhaustion compared to before the update.

And since there are things in the mastery skills that have energy absorption and regenerative effects,
when combining Inquisitor with those masteries, the problems related to energy are further eliminated.

In this way,
Because there are already means that can be dealt with by combining various elements,
I don’t think it is necessary to apply energy regeneration effects to specific equipment.

You probably mean the Presence of Virtue in Oathkeeper mastery? I think this is another example of how tough it is to find balance. There were number of feedback threads/complaints how tough is to sustain EoR and how players quit because they can’t use their favorite skill due the insane energy cost and also some than consider EoR too cheap compared to other channeling spells.

But for casters oriented set it’s shame to have diminutive energy regen. About devotions, Harp it’s still used very often. Harvestman it’s not. But the problem is not the utility, but the weird affinity cost.

Runebinder is strong enough, but the things it supports aren’t (ranged is decent but runes are bad) and it isn’t enough to carry runes, that’s why I suggest to buff runes instead of runebinder. And while it is possible to play both ranged and runes at the same time, you won’t have the best of both worlds that way. IIRC some guy tried to do that back in AoM and pure rune was always better than rune+ranged. And pure ranged was better than hybrid as well. This is due to the fact that the weapon isn’t really better than a 1h + book combo.

As for inquisitor itself. Inquisitor is strong, but as support. All of its damage skills have been gutted and while box and ranged remain kinda decent in some ways, they’re not main damage dealers. Rune (both of them) is in the dumpster right now. FoI… Don’t even talk about that.

Yes,but AR / SH / NB also has the capacity for energy regeneration and absorption.
For example, when talking about INQ,
it will be necessary to take into account synergies with INQ alone.

In addition,
If we pursued only to output damage easily, and required a solution to solve energy problems for specific sets.
(without considering “constellations / components” related to “energy absorption / regeneration / cost reduction”)
I think it is a childish idea.

My opinion is that,

if Superman who can manage everything to the strongest level is easily completed with one set of equipment,
the whole game will be very boring, and the meaning of many equipment will disappear is.

In that sense, the current Runebinder is a hybrid equipment that handles both weapon attacks and runes,
and is probably well above the average score.
Isn’t it?

Arcane Spark doesn’t work well with little %WD

Anderos has 270% less elemntal damage and 60% less energy absorb, so no, unfortunately :slightly_frowning_face:

No +1 to all skills, no res

OA + HP are desperately needed

In Cruci no problems, but in SR and even in campaign there are

hmmmm :smirk:

I would spread this conversion on shoulders and chest

@dabadabada @hammyhamster1
Like it was said Inq is strong as a support mastery. Arcanist was kind the same way few patches ago. After all buffs we have an all around decent mastery, and look how many builds appeared after changes.
I clearly understand why you think that Inq and Runebinder is ok, but its performance and facts clearly show that it’s a little underperform.
And, finally, I’m asking for little improvements, because in general set is ok like I said

1 Like

I would disagree.
Buffing runes leads to AoM situation, when everyone could use Hagarrad that was superstrong even without item support.
Better to buff the gear itself, so the runes would be the real power only with appropriate items

I understand what you say and agree ! :smiley_cat:

If there are no more strong OP characters (without thinking deeply) like Thunder Vindicator in this game , that’s OK for me.

I strongly agree that some builds with Inq is superstrong. Let’s leave it to Z.
Here we are discussing exact set and exact skills :slightly_smiling_face:

Some inquis builds are strong but not because of the attacking skills. Nerf the blanket good stuff it gets down to the general realm of the other masteries and it will be safe to bring up storm box, RoH and RoK