[Feedback] Stormrend and 1H lightning melee issues

Interesting. Can i see the build and it’s performance?

If someone’s deliberately making a build that doesn’t make sense it’s on them. And noone’s going to define what’s the worst build is, it doesn’t make any sense. People have some performance “window” they consider just right, and outliers are either OP or UP. They’re naturally trying to drag more UP builds into their acceptable performance window.

Sadly builders don’t post stuff that doesn’t work well. Actually DW cooldown PS was tested by multiple builders too, and pretty much everyone said spam PS works better anyway. It’s safe to say the weapon is tried enough if builders even try some arcane shit like fitting it into Deathmarked set.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYoKO7V

Keep in mind that it was extremely rushed in testing only to get a general idea on how it performes and haven’t touched it since. After the testing it got a slight buff to the mods

So it’s not really tweaked out properly

As for video all I have is a Dummy test at 150% only AS from testing showing that it can do approx 12 sec dummy kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAniHZSed50 - Again terribly unrefined version
of what the build could be. But it’s hard to say it doesn’t have potential i’d say

Also grinding totems to get a pair of these Stormrends to experiment the concept with. I actually got one in one of the first totems I encountered :grinning: and thought - wow, this is not too bad, should get another one pretty soon. Forgot about the punishment RNG gives you :poop: and sadly after countless totems since, not a whiff of a Stormrend. This is not an issue yet as the 2H Primal Strike Elementalist I need them for is still only lvl 52, so by the time he gets to 94 my totem farmer hopefully will have found another Stormrend. RNG willing.

Interesting, lots of electrocute.
Yeah, dmg itself was never a problem in my testing. Dummy kills are always impressive. But i can’t make the chars survive because of low flat and delay on arcane bombs.

Yep, I can do that math too. In-game it feels like loss of ADTCH scaled further down than loss of “old’s weapon damage”.

Because there is no reason not to use Spark of Ultos for CD Jacks. And it’s better in every way. Unless you want a gimmick Elementalist that dual wields Spark And Stormrend for SJ and cd Primal (I doubt that would work well). Example of CD Jacks build that I will probably post this weekend once I polish it some more (@banana_peel also tested it):

Even if it’s a rough concept it looks totally unplayable. Low AS, low adtch on a bugged PS spam, low DA and all that on Elementalist of all build combos.

The build in the op is much tougher and polished and it hardly works.

I know survivablity was the first thing i’d have to work on for cruci runs. But in that test I just wanted to get an idea of it

And probably add in totems somehow, maybe.

I tried other stuff like CD PS, With overseer in off hand. Also has some nice electrocutes but not enough PS power sadly

Thanks for the redundant and besides the point feedback maestro, will get to work on it ASAP

I’ve shamed myself eternally :wink:

I mean thread is about how squishy and hardly playable Stormrend builds are and how Stormrend lacks identity. You give an example of even squishier build that has only been tested on dummy. What was the point of your non-redundant feedback, remind me?

I’ve said twice, in the same post that I didn’t gear it and tweak it out to be a complete build. Just to get an idea of the concept.

But you simply can’t help yourself with this kind of stuff. Sometimes it’s funny, other times it’s not.

Let’s end this party until someone does a proper elementalist and shows it can’t do crucible.

I’m more than glad to advocate for buffs since I did so myself in testing

I disagree that it lacks identity. It has clear identity. Some people just want it to be something else. And small group of CR players want it for their sub 6 min desires as well.

2 Likes

I am all for ending a party with irrelevant feedback and banter, but shouldn’t be banana’s testing be enough here? Like he showed that a much tougher char has troubles working properly why should anyone prove that a much squishier char ALSO doesn’t work?

I mean sure, meme-identity is also identity and it’s not necessarily a bad thing.

3 Likes

Funny how banana himself was fine with it but you just went full “no it’s bullshit” mode :rofl:

All you do these days is prove that you don’t even read posts in their entirety and whatever logic you have is on auto-pilot.

My reply was about SJ. Banana said something about SJ and I replied to that. It has absolutely nothing to do with what Banana posted in the OP

I say again:

It was a reply that concerned STUN JACKS alone with Storm rend.

Do you understand now? probably not but i’ll leave it here. I’m pretty sure every one else reading this thread is able to.

Read posts carefully, reflect on life and GD. Then answer

Sure, but how it makes that weapon relevant for SJ when Spark of Ultos exists? Just because you can mix it like you did in that link which you yourself said is not tested and a rough sketch?

Yeah, let’s not give each other life lessons, shall we

The funny bit is that banana got it. :laughing:

The one person on this thread who mattered in this regard, since it was a reply addressed to him

Stun Jacks were not part of the OP originally…

@Superfluff Sorry, but I heavily disagree with your opinion, adding the fact the you attacked Lee first, when you basically entered the thread immediately.

I would also suggest to stay on-topic and discuss the original problem - PS fact in Stormrend.

3 Likes

Staying on topic sounds like a good idea to me. Of course I could always move these into the gimmicky thread as well.

1 Like

It is in the OP. and I replied to that. The OP feedback implies that PS needs more power and and should focus more on PS, when the weapon is as powerful as the the sum of what it empowers. PS and SJ. Stormrend is not Ultos and it’s not made to be that and SJ mod can do very well. Like getting better DoT besides good shotgun.

So it’s very on topic

I replied to banana when i basically entered the thread. lee was the furthest thing from my mind at that point

Then replied to lee’s BS that had nothing to do with what I was trying to say. Not much more to say here i hope.

…and also it’s pretty sad to see you, not exactly a new player around here, fuel his wounded wife syndrome, where like in other threads he is the martyr of the very mess he candidly creates

2 Likes

Alright, enough folks or this thread will end up being closed. Go and do something else to cool off.

Right, and you do realise that the amount of ADCtH you receive is impacted by dealing more/less damage per second right? You haven’t made that clear at all to me up until the above message.

1 Like