[Feedback/suggestion] Sets dedicated to DB fall short of non-set DB builds

Indeed. Add flat physical then? Gets converted to chaos and can’t be converted further? Maybe change voidsoul’s shield base to physical?

Honestly, I really don’t know. If I knew, I’d have given you my suggestion instead of being such a #hater and disagreeing with you at every single turn. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Which, again, I’m only doing because I don’t see how it’s possible to salvage voidsoul save for a complete rework of the set.)

That’s fine, at least you make me try to think of different solutions this way :smile:

The problem with wanting to push for a chaos/vit double damage type has nothing to do with the set, but more so with how vastly different the 2 damage types are.

It’s very different from elemental damage because %elemental benefits all 3. Ditto for RR.

I’m not trying to make it a dual damage type set, but a set that can be used as a single damage set for both chaos and vitality :wink:

Sorry. Yes, that’s what I meant.

Take something like cyclone for example. It excels both as a lightning damage set and as a fire damage set precisely because of the mechanics of elemental damage.

True, good example. I still think it should be doable even with non elemental damage types, just need to balance them correctly (not like allagast).

Only other set i can think of which is capable of doing that is justice set - but you need to forgo skill modifiers on it.

Wrong. Aegis’ strength is in its weapon damage. And vitality here is not zero dmg, it does contribute.

Anyways, Voidsoul is a chaos FoI set. Doing anything else with it is a fool’s errand. Aegis can be a filler. DB is a waste of points/time/energy without solid cdr.

Voidsoul should be good in 1.1.5.0 after the FoI and WoP buffs. It’s already 7-ish.

That’s incredible. My FoI spec was hitting like 8ish or so IIRC.

When did you do this run? Was it in 1.1.4.2?

Because I personally found the solael’s devourer spec very inconsistent

Then why does the 70% total dmg mod feel so lackluster?

I feel like aegis shines with crits + spammability moreso than %WD

Here [1.1.4.1] Devoid Of Soul, In Need Of Buff - Voidsoul FoI/Aegis Paladin (c+) (sr+).

Because the idea of using Aegis as main when it’s not for stacking DoTs is lackluster. And chaos has no DoTs.

Aegis is one of the most nerfed skills in history. In other words, it’s crap. Voidsoul set makes it even crappier with that +1s.

I feel like we are calling the same thing different names here. I.e. seems to me that we agree that voidsoul’s biggest issue isn’t its %WD, but rather its lack of cooldown

Now all sets have to be 3-mastery sets so naturally one class must be weaker or the other 2 will be op. For Voidsoul’s it’s sentinel. The way I see it, Voidsoul is meant as FoI with a nuke side. Sentinel is meme-tier. Must be. Doesn’t have a main.

I’m not so crazy about cdr on either Aegis or DB because it gimps FoI channeling. My only issue with Voidsoul is that the proc on shield should be 100% on block not 30% because there’s no block recovery. And ofc your everyday FoI rant. EDIT: remembered more - some global cdr for DG and Abomination uptime. And ~6% more cast speed.

Hmm…that makes sense. But wouldn’t a voidsoul sentinel on your build perform significantly better?

Tangentially, I wished soleal’s devourer had innate %skill cost reduction. It’s so difficult to manage energy.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQOAMnV

This is my current set up. All items crafted for energy regen. It’s still inadequate.

You are right. Everything I wrote before would’ve been perfectly applicable to a skill with no weapon damage, my bad. Idk how I somehow forgot to think about weapon damage on Aegis… maybe this happens when you outsource your brain to twitch chat… :sweat_smile:

This is how you could buff chaos while not buffing vitality Aegis then.

How does it compare to Black Flame set? Any why do you think we should have two chaos FoI sets?

Agree Sentinel is the worst class for this set and it kinda makes no sense for the set to even have any Doom Bolt theme imo.

Have you tried a purifier version of that for more chaos RR?

Wouldn’t work as well since he’s stacking %WD on FoI

Why exactly would that be worse for purifiers?

Sorry, I’m dumb. I thought he was using a deceiver***

Purifier would have more RR and more casting speed at least ^^

Voidsoul is better. Better mods. Lack of off-hand is a big downside as cdr is critical for chaos (DG and Abo uptime).

Why 2 chaos FoI sets? No idea. But I’d rather change Black Flame at this point.

I theorycrafted it but never got around to putting it together. Should be the strongest despite zero support to demo.