[Feedback] Tainted Power AAR's transmutor should be reworked

I tried to find the build but no luck. It’s a AAR build that used Anasteria Hood and Dawnshard Pauldrons, and it’s the reason why these two got nerfed.

So you want the transmuter to be left alone but want lightning to chaos to AAR on items? They will conflict, so the former lightning to vitality has to disappear for the latter to be better.

I think it might’ve been @ya1’s, but don’t quote me on this.

If it was, then the nerf to fleshwarpped tome has rendered lightning/aether conversion on AAR a thing of the past.

This is true. Brainfart on my end.

Still not an excuse to start making items that support multiple damage types to suddenly be biased towards a single one. You can still convert it with that tome and with elemental to aether from stuff like magelord rings.

The thing about chaos/vit is that they don’t actually meld well together outside of items and devotions.

On one hand, chaos damage struggles to find RR in masteries, so you’re forced into playing a chaos MH or sorc so you lose out on signficant %chaos damage from masteries. WoP is also a huge PITA to use.

On the other, enemies are loaded to the gills with vit resistance. So you’d have to play a warlock/binder to get sufficient vit RR.

Either way, you can only pick one damage to support.

Here.

Now that Fleshwarped was nerfed, it doesn’t actually hurt that much to use full Clairvoyant. Fleshwarped still gives >23% lightning to aether. This was the lastest update.

The build in question was the first one. Gains from pre-nerf Anasteria helmet, Dawnshard shoulders and full 50% lightning to aether outweighed full Clairvoyaint.

Anyways, best AAR is no-green with Codex of Lies. Everything else struggles with disrupt.

Lightning AAR

No siree, aether beats lightning both in Crucible and SR. Another guy even beat all celestials with no pharma.

Curious…what were the results?

EDIT: And were these runs done in 1.1.4.2?

I think celestials are a little gimmicky, but still…mad respect

These and cataclysm set Nerf are some of the stupidest nerfs I’ve seen.
Dawnshard shoulder just give a nice defensive procs.
Anasteria helm Nerf makes the sad state of aether even more sad.

Why go to such extent nerfing every piece of item in ONE build even not the core? Making all other build suffers.
This shows the lack of understanding on the build.
Nerfing the fucking fleshwarped tome should be enough. At that time, it’s the clairvoyant which is lacking.

EDIT: on this topic, I have the same opinion as @x1x1x1x2. Honestly some general support of chaos is OP if looks at the vacuum. I think just fix the core issues first, which is the scarcity of RR

1 Like

Dawnshard shoulders proc basically allowed for a free Censure with 100% uptime because it was 15% damage reduction.

Conflicting statement given that a person above claims that aether is the best AAR and it can kill Celestials. Also, you have to show me evidence of this sad state because i see people still claim Aether is one of the best damage types.

You know what, spellbinder only have Agrivix and clairvoyant as a fucking viable end game build.

Best or not, the lack of variety shows how sad aether is.

It is not. Dawnshard proc has very little AoE. It’s only effective one on one

Which is all it needs to be because mobs packs get destroyed fast anyway, so the damage reduction hardly matters against them.

SR is there in the link. As for your 5:20 on Nery’s tweaked build, gimme a sec. I can beat it.

Anyways, after the buffs to arcanist, mage hunters are totally broken. This dmg output with 35% dmg shaved on top of everything?

That’s full Clairvoyaint.

1 Like

For same reason normal AAR deals Aether, Fire and Lightning damage… If you want to focus on one of those elements, you must find a way to convert the remaining two into it.
So why dont include that to set, or some item, etc? Lightning AAR, for example, has to use amulet, 2 rings and belt to achieve full conversion.

You’re also using a full set. I dunno. Seems pretty fair to me

Then like I said before. The problem on the build is the damage, not the defense. Nerf the damage and the build will need RE for AoE damage reduction.

Nerf the fucking core so you don’t make every other build suffer. Understand the build first, not brutally nerfing every pieces of the items used in the build. Like when the poor cataclysm got Nerf because it was used in one of john’s ludrigan vindi, while it’s not even the fucking BiS pieces.

I completely agree with this. Just haphazardly nerfing (or buffing for that matter) an item used by many builds because of one overperforming spec which happens to be using it as well is just plain silly &/or lazy.

No one can deny this.

Anyway, I am out. I have sworn to myself to not wasting my time doing internet debate.

Arguing with you guys is useless anyway…

Indeed. The only person worth arguing with about changing things in the game is right this way…

…everything else is just a sideshow.

Tho I suppose arguing with forum die-hards is a decent way to hone a rough idea down to the essentials that matter.