[Feedback] Targo's ABB part could use some help

In this topic i’m talking about Targo, physical ABB in generel and giving my opinion of how can it be improved

Introduction

• Targo’s craft is one of the best sets in the game… when only 3 pieces are used.
  • I’m not going to focus on Judgment (it’s in good place here) or BA (One handed BA, what can possibly go wrong?), I’m here for ABB.

Physical Amarasta’s Blade Burst Build

-What’s the problem then? Such clear time is far beyond mid-tier.

-The problem is - using amarstan meme crusher is clearly not the way set was intended. It emphasizes on IT, rather than physical damage, so it’s not meant for spam. Crusher also loses some physical damage and has nothing to do with physical damage at the first place. And here we face several issues:

Problems

1. No skillpoints to Lethal Assault. Yet, set has 60% global conversion from acid and cold. Moreover, it is physical damage, so it desperatly needs any OA in order to efficiently proc Assasin’s Mark.
  2. No flat cooldown reduction to ABB. In IT oriented set it’s quite crucial.
    –Why not to use Judgment+ABB+Fervor then? Maximum utility.
    The reason is quite simple - not enough skillpoints. I’ve tried.
  3. Targo’s Mallet seems a bit poor compared to other items from this set. Maybe adding %CS or 4%CDR will help.
  4. Targo’s Hammer - it’s looks cool, but the impact is unnoticeable. The damage is too low, and it doesn’t any sort of special effect. Adding something like 15% fumble might help though. At least you could give up RoS and warlords could gain access to fumbles in general.

Propositions

1. Add + to LA to the Targo’s Mallet or any other piece. Can be placed instead + to ABB
  2. Give flat cooldown reduction to the ABB to the mallet (or to the full set)
  3. Buff set’s proc

Conclusion
All in all, I actually do believe that Targo’s Craft is one of the best sets in the entire game design-wise. It allowed lots of posibilities for converted physical damage outside beronath, which is great.

2 Likes

Drop Nightblade to 20? 35 skills points right there

Fervor w/o NB’s wps skills isn’t very good. You still need to invest a lot of points in them.

1 Like

I wanted to do this also, but I could tell by looking at GDtools that it would have issues. Most of which you have already mentioned.

Guiltless promotion: I made another thread in which I wish the the proc was an auto attack skill, like PoEs spectral throw. I make this mention because…

As you pointed out the set is more attuned to DoT damage and not so much as a ABB spam build.

Secondly, the phys to acid conversion on crusher is hard, you lose a decent portion of damage from procs, judgement damage conversion, the pseudo pet damage, etc.

It might be better if that conversion was moved somewhere else, but basically off the weapon. It might improve the performance enough for Targo Spam ABB…

However, this being one of my 2 most favored sets, I would rather see a non acid set devoted to ABB spam and have Targo continue to be the dot set with a auto attack spam as the 4p bonus as a filler for something to do between re applying dots.

I haven’t tested it but if you’re dead set on ABB spam outside of acid, you can try pierce blade master. I theorized that but never got around to it. It still runs into phys to acid conversion issues though and uses a lot of MIs with specific rolls.

Sounds fun, but a bit underpowered - the base damage is physical, so no magic tricks.

The “best” decision for every type of spam ABB would be changing the base damage from physical to split acid and cold. But spam ABB is already strong enough, so I can’t see it happening.

Ironically, banana_peel has made spam pierce ABB, but he disliked it for some reason. Build was sub 5, if i’m not mistaken. But i’m not sure, wheter that was blademaster or infil.

Not really. Bone Lance is used to the same effect via decree (at least by myself). You would have to adjust dmg numbers. And I would like to see 3 hammers thrown not one.

I dunno if it was so powerful then I must be misunderstanding your post. There is a targo build that uses Yugol’s relic. Since you spend all the time spinning, the support skills have no choice but to support the dot side of the set. Spamming the 4p does the same thing in effect. And that relic build does sub 6 I believe.

Sub 5 and didn’t like it…I dunno what to say about that. Seems like things are in a fine place then. I am more like asking for other options and less looking for power.

I didn’t watch your video but if it is a CR clear time of sub 7 or SR 65+, then I doubt anything will change, that includes my shameless request.

How does performance with Gladiator’s Distinction compare to Ugdenbog Girdle with the ABB conduit?

Worse defensive-wise and I couldn’t feel a difference in damage.
it’s not even a problem of belt slot, but rather conduit is worse than Will of the Blade (No %damage, no %AS)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.