[Feedback] The disparity between the power of monster-infrequent amulets

Cold infiltrator is squishy and overall a glass canon, so I think reduce flat dmg of Ellena a little wont hurt much, also may be +5% physic res to Starpact?

Why do we need to slap phys res on everything? The necklace already does plenty. With the frequency that SS hits at the frostburn bonus to Star Pact (and the +2 which means even more frostburn) is approaching the functionality of flat damage unless someone feels the need to jump up and state SS doesn’t have enough sustain so flat vs dot actually matters a ton.

1 Like

Because even with mirror, Spellbreaker is the most squishy class ever, usually gets oneshot, and with the ultra nerf of SS because of its brother Infitrator, the class is much more dead, so a little buff for its tankiness wont hurt.

2 Likes

The demise of spellbreaker is greatly exaggerated, I see you’ve bought into the usual forum nonsense narrative trending towards extremes. The overtuned Morg set got pushed towards its proper place and nightfall got a slight nerf, the end. What people seem especially eager to ignore is that the build already operated with some MIs by default and this discussion itself is about MIs. Items which offer a variety of build options due to the malleable nature of stats they may present with.

Did the forum’s adored shake and bake build get hamstrung? Yes and I applauded that. Do you need better gear now to run around with a full spirit dump to push sub 5? Good.

For the love of ulgrim’s soup we have viable OFF breakers that can demolish SR. I can’t follow the line of reasoning unless dead means moderately less accessible and no longer spoon fed godlike power.

I was actually testing it as I was writing this feedback. Even posted a relevant build. And Ronaprax amulet seems to be tailor made for that build. However, I ended up dropping it because it because it loses to every other option. Pestilence of Dreeg, for example is a much much stronger offensive option.

A bit off-top, but I ended up dropping RTA Dreeg’s Evil Eye altogether too, just doesn’t work well unfortunately.

LOL @Xervous , gotta delete all my spellbreakers

By that reasoning just make them HC and they’ll delete themselves.

2 Likes

This is an amulet slot, so it means nothing to OFF set. Tell me another build of SS demolish SR or Cru easily? Like Elementalist, it shines only because of Cyclone set.

By all means move the goalpost from spellbreaker in general to SS. There have been valid spellbreaker builds using shadow strike for quite a while. The forum regulars just saw fit to disregard such builds on account of their MI usage. Consider the build making bias where fewer players so much as attempt a spellbreaker build because the forum narrative has conditioned them to worship the infiltrator overlord and eschew greens at every turn.

There have been 6min and lower crucible builds for spellbreaker since the dawn of FG. It would clear things up greatly if your metric places anything beyond 5:30 as literally unplayable but short of that I don’t see the foundation for such claims as spellbreaker being dead or otherwise crippled.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.