[Feedback] Wildblood nerfs were a bit too much

I’d say it would be overall better to just give some of the former strength to the set back, as was suggested. No need in nerfing leech sources etc. Vitality builds are not only conj/oppressor casters.

2 Likes

Exactly the more non meta builds can use as much leech as possibal

Then I misunderstood you, sorry
Unfortunately, I don’t have enough time to test it again for vids. I prefer to play for pleasure if I have a chance. Well, forgive me my egoism
But the point is I’m not the only one talking about overnerfing WB. Lots of people agreed with me in 1.1.8.0 topic

I can provide a theoretical examples, why lifeleech should be high enough, however:

1. Benn’Jahr + Reaper = you’re trapped with a huge phys rr. The only things with trap res for WB in ths case are Chains of Oleron (24 only) and Green suffix “Of Featherstep”
  2. Fabius + Kymon = enormous DA penalty = a shitton of crits on you
  3. Valdaran + Anasteria = this sweet pair might kill even through Mark Of Torment

Remember that all the CC res WB has are from green gear and devotions. Now imagine, that you don’t have the right stats and got right into the group of mobs and heroes. You might ger chain stunned/freezed ect. having only little time to cast smth.
That’s why lifeleech should be very high to survive. And now it’s not enough after the nerf :frowning_face:

5 Likes

Actually, the another argument is the Archon. The whole class is underperfoming.
WB Archon was a great and a very popular option. I can see it on my YT channel - the Archon video is one of the most popular one on my channel (also consider the fact I didn’t even post it on the forum).
Though, it’s the weakest version of WB since Archon doesn’t have Occ phys res and absorption or Ritualist Bloodknight set and Mark of Torment support.
With the nerf of lifeleech it lost its main defensive layer

3 Likes

This music is perfect

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlmzAXZ

The time has come

3 Likes

:thinking:
So repeatedly getting crit by a nem on Sr 90 (well past the point devs have repeatedly said is not the place for “balance”) and failing to dodge his mines means the build was over nerfed? Also on a vitality build with shattered and leeching mutators (shattered somewhat offset by marked though)

6 Likes

“People see what they want to see” - how truly it can be sometimes

Very ironic

Ironic is the thing you’re trying to teach me SR90 playing (sorry for elitism or whatever)
Funny how you miss dying under Mark of Torment
Funny how you miss almost dying from Mark of Torment from a common attack
Funny how you miss an absolute lack of CC res
Funny how you miss no bad damage mods. I even have +8% armor from Exposed and -8% total damage to enemies from Brutal
And so on… so on…

3 Likes

For example, this is how Mark of Torment works on normal builds. Even with corrupted mod. Or somone is going to say that aether Apostate is OP? It has even less leech on paper, less armor, less phys res. But it’s fine, the builds survives.

LoL I hate that music and that map, make my computer cringy.

Atleast you decided to make a recording and prove your point that’ something. Though as far as I can see, you got one shotted by crystal explosion. And probably get one shot while Benn dying aswell. So how is more lifesteal(undoing the nerf) gonna make you survive that? Revive you from 0 life? I think vitality builds and your build need defenses(DA, Armor, CC resists) not more lifesteal. So you can ask for compensation instead of reversing the nerf. That will be more logical. Yeah what’s taken is something but, there are other things that can compensate that lost.

2 Likes

It’s not even close to a similar comparison. 22 inquisitor seal (and flat absorb in general) is some of the most potent defense on the game. Also instead of having a 2% total decrease in damage + 15% increase on the monster resist, this above linked video has a 8% increase. Plus the bonemonger set proc leech, which is enough to carry healing almost alone on certain builds.

Edit it’s actually even more because monsters had -aether resist

1 Like

Before the nerf -> again Benn, far worth mods

The key of lifeleech is to heal up the health in milliseconds. Otherwise you die. Someone finds it’s ridiculous posting SR90. But it’s a solo Benn with no bad mods what leads us to this ->
2 Likes

Sorry, you’re just not right this time. I don’t have any desire to argue with you and want only to write here my humble opinion dor devs.

You’re significantly killing faster him in old video but milisecs? That wasn’t there, your life held on. But okay, nerfs are meant to balance things right? Then ask for balance. If a stereotype build can only survive with 1 single feature then it’s already on thin ice. So if it’s going to be balanced, tempering one overly strong feature should require some other improvements which that stereotype lacks to the death. So you want it to be reversed, devs want to balance it; then ask for balance. Maybe then they sense your logic and do something about it. Until then I maybe a new player among all of you but I never saw a nerf undone.

I would agree, but…

Your video proves that %45 phys resist doesn’t save you against high RR. And can you show how much crit chance that SR 90 Benn had againts you? (Or atleast did you checked? and remember it?) That mutators and with your low DA it’s already settles it isn’t it? You got crit too much because your build lacks DA, never played it but surely it’s hard to get high DA with vitality builds. Or ofc you might skip investing it because you people think DA is overrated.

2 Likes

Sure

1 Like

Yeah because having a 31% total damage swing certainly doesn’t effect leech at all.

Nice, that proves my point. You got crit too much. %7.7 seems low on paper but how many times you hit cirt with same chances? Nemesis has all kind of skill and procs, DA shred, RR etc. Even %7 means you can get one-shot if you don’t kill it fast enough in every run. Hell with some luck he can even crit a few times in a row. Anyway, I’m saying there are other mechanisms that can make your build survive. Your build lacks surely some of them and devs might change that if they want a balanced legendary set build.