Female armour

Do we have a complete wish list of new stuff for Crate to work on now ? It kinda ballooned from the original intent I think but WTH, why not :grinning:

Always match your mount to your outfit.

A list??? It might be apparent by now that I’m not really a list making type of person. I’m more of a general concept type. Here’s an effort to make a list of some sort. I may need a stiff drink after this.

• Pretty badass armour for the ladies.
  • Armour dyes for customization.
  • Dragons. I don’t mind where, just put them in.
  • Mounts. Preferably to match the armours. Or not. As long as they’re awesome. I’m kinda obsessing over that Balrog though.

I decided to dot point the list. Every list needs dot points.

Last two will not happen; that’s been made clear over and over.

Don’t know what dyes are supposed to do for you that visiting the Illusionist can’t. :woman_shrugging:

Customisation. Like the red chest armour but it doesn’t match your purple helm? Bingo! Got a dye for that.

Hey Romi - check these out - found the references in the mod section of the GD forum. In case the links don’t work the titles are " Cosmetic Wings - Ancient spirit wings
and Sexy outfit MOD?
and [MOD] Hairstylist - a barber in town!

I’m not sure how these were created but since they can be well then there is hope for both Balrog’s and Dragons yet :+1::clap::pray:

Might be worth dropping the original author(s) a note and ask what tools they used. Just trying to make the dream real, one step at a time …and if you do install 'em let us know how it goes

While technically I know this to be true and I’m not saying this IS one, but I sure as hell would love to tackle whatever this is. :smiley:

T-Rex by the look of it. Maybe it could be animated like the one Harry Dresden rode in one of the novels (the Dresden files for those who aren’t familiar)

With those horns? Um, those aetherials or chtonians have REALLY been mucking with the gene pool then. :slight_smile:

Well look at what they did in Malmouth :grinning:
TBH I did not realize the angle. I thought it was lying on its side, didn’t look close enough first time.

I did see that. I’ve played that game and while the wings are tempting, the outfit style isn’t. It could be worth messaging the authors, I hadn’t considered that. It’s worth a shot.

There’s a new book on the way!!! Been a long time coming.

That’s why it’s a Wish List. :sunglasses: I also wish it was easy to Mod them into the game. I should add that to the list.

• Easy Peasy Mods

Yeah - book 16 took ages. There are two books coming out - Peace Talks in July I think and book 17 in September, so I’m guessing he wrote two in one go, which is why it took so long in the first place.

He was also working on his other series. Maybe he just got burned out on Dresden and lost inspiration.

That’s Heresy :grinning: He’s got 3 more books to go. He always said it would be done at 20 books and he’s always been a man of his word. Speaking of Dresden file characters, we need a Molly Carpenter in GD -

Well, without the necessary models/animations in the game it wouldn’t be. But all the modding tools are available to you, they’re essentially the same ones the devs use to make the game, and there are plenty of modding tutorials to help you get started. :slightly_smiling_face:

To be fair tho… making a mod is one thing. Making models and animations for that mod - quite another. It’s not something a person usually jumps into blindly with no foreknowledge or schooling. It can be done, sure, but you’re gunna have your work cut out for you.

As an example of some of the learning required here is Emrakul, maker of the Warhammer 40k mod, trying to figure out how to make it all come together - with Crate developer assistance:

True; the point is there are already tools to make modding easy peasy. But without the necessary models/animations already ingame those items on the wish list wouldn’t be possible to make. And I can’t see Crate adding those for modding purposes if they’re not going to have them in the game to start with, given the cost of making them.

I do know that someone has made mounts using the horse models in TQ in a TQ mod so it can be done. How easy it would be to pull that model into GD and make use of it I don’t know. Come to that you could probably also use the Dragon Liche model as well for what she wants to do.