[MOD] Hairstylist - a barber in town!

Basically what he is saying is that you are kinda borking the system by moving a “main” character to “user/custom” and you need to use one of the tools to set the correct flag for the character if you do this if you wish to avoid some of the issues he mentioned above.

That’s what I thought. I’ve found the option now and gonna try it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

kinda, as far as I can tell, the game determines where to save the char based on the mod-flag. If it is not set, the char is saved in main. If it is set, the char is saved in the user dir.
This is independent of where the char was loaded from (main or user).

If you play a mod, the char will always be loaded from user, if you play vanilla, it will always be loaded from main however.

So if you copy the main char to user, the mod will load the user char, but update the main char.
When you exit the game and then play the mod again, it will load the unchanged user char (while your progress was saved in main), so all the progress you made playing the mod last time will be ‘lost’, as that progress is not stored in the file that is being loaded.

2 Likes

Makes sense, and thanks for the replies so far. Do you also know how to transfer the shared stash into a custom game?

Yes, copy the stash over (unlike chars that all are in the user dir, there is one stash per mod, so first talk to the smuggler in the mod to create the right dir…) and then open the mod’s stash in GD Stash.

Select the mod the stash file is for from the drop-down list on the right side and then save the stash. This adds the mod info to the shared stash and it should not be reset in game when you access it.

Thanks a lot. That worked like a charm.

Hi mendez42 - what tool can I use to see the hairstyle options available without having to install the mod ? Are there by chance long red hair options already (for both female and male) and if not what tools to use to create ?

Hello Mendez im using your mod in Dawn of Masteries compilation and the blonde ponytail has vanilla hairstyle cliping trough it what can i do i really like that hairstyle :confused:

hello, im unable due to work to keep udpating the mods, ill try to be back at it as fast as possible, i have no idea what could cause clipping and other issues in hairstylist, as the mod itself doesnt add anything new that wasnt in game already, it just gives acces to npc hairstyles via making them “helmet illusions”, so its exactly the hairstyles that are already in game, but once i get back to it, ill try to check and fix everything that can be fixed

I think you only need to restart or reload your game to fully apply the illusions. This also happens on modded equips.

Nice mod .
Wanted to merge this one with other mods(Grimarillion is one of them) but some of them already merged it and it is awesome.

A small request if i may , i want to create a Seraphim class and if you want to create the classic Sraphim hairstyle would be awesome
download

Also face tattos would be a great thing .

Thank you for creating this mod and keep up the good work .

This mod is already included in grimarillion, I helped Mendez with some of the development so it only made sense to merge it as well.

As for new hairstyles, the ones Mendez added are already a part of the game, he didn’t add new ones just enabled ones that npcs used

Correct me if I’m wrong but if you use this mod don’t you lose the all the attributes on the helm the character was wearing - at least that’s what seemed to happen when I tried the mod.

Uhh no. The hairstyles can be used at the illusionist which has no effect on your helmets stats. If you use the hairstyles as helmets of course you lose your stats, they aren’t meant to be equipped.

Ha - so that’s what I was doing wrong :upside_down_face:

I don’t know if this mod is still supported or just totally dead now, but how easy would it be to have it combine more easily with [MOD] Change the character appearance patch for Grim Dawn v1.1.9.X(GDx2)? I’ve tried on my own but the mod system is both odd to me, and the mods are packaged differently from one another.

Is it also possible to update this mod to the newer version? Playing on it caused the SFX of Ulzuin’s Chosen to not play when proccing, and there seem to be vanilla hairstyles in the game and DLC not included as options from this mod

I used this mod for years. Grim Dawn is such a good game, I didn’t feel the need for any other mods. So yeah, used this for years with no problems as regards patches. 1.2 has messed it up. The game no longer works properly with it. Any chance of this getting an update to be 1.2 compatible?

Update: Works with GD 1.2.0.2, Adaptive character UI.

Hairstylist_v102_for_GD_1202.zip (260.5 KB)

1 Like

Character isnt bald and hair clips through. Any way to fix it?

What does it mean?

Hairstylist_v102_for_GD_12XX.zip (77.2 KB)