Fg. Looks. Amazing.

Let’s bang her :smiley:

Given that she’s holding a bleeding skull of a goat…I’d rather admire from a distance. :rolleyes:

the graphics looks really good

well done and detailed

Not to sound like a hipster but I do miss the occultist dude from the base game loading screen.

Loading screens are randomized now so you should get him sometimes.

This is really a stunning arpg achievement, from the setting, to the pacing (the mob density feels amazing) and the updated animations this is really an all time classic. Havent grinded it for years obviously but really way to go crate.

The Korvan Basin is the burning butthole of the world though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have played FG with like 50 loading screens, no AoM lady yet :frowning:

Now that I think of it, Grim Dawn has for me become the ultimate successor to the Diablo games

• Whirlwind skill
  • Shield throw skill
  • Judgment skill
  • Dessert area
  • Leap and teleport skills

The area around the Eldritch Gate is fantastic. Actually most of the zones in FG are fantastic. The monsters are well designed… everything runs great. I’m impressed.

I also just beat Korvaak, he got me to like 200 hp at one point and I almost pooped myself. I think Giant’s Blood and dmg absorption from Seal saved me

Putting aside all prejudice, is GD equal to, better than, or worse than D2 in your eyes?

Its like asking if Dream Theater is a better band / makes better music than Rush.

Objectively Dream Theater is superior to Rush. Better production; technically superior musicians and vocalist; more involved compositions with regards to chord progression, time signatures and orchestration etc. But goddamn Rush is still my favorite band :slight_smile:

On the other hand, Rush do not make new music any more and I know all of their songs in and out. So there is really nothing “new” for me to explore or experience within the Rush catalog

That’s an interesting, and unexpected reply.

What about the experience you had when exploring D2 vs. the one you’re currently on now?

Well it is different since I was around 15-16y old when D2 came out and I started playing it. I did not know english, we had basically no internet so I could not find and read guides and chat with ppl of the game etc. With GD and FG, I have access to hundreds of people with vastly different experience of ARPGs. Just look how many builds draft we made prior to the release, the impact of YT where we can show how or chars work etc.

Similar to Rush, I did not know that much about music but my dad taught me a lot and he was a huge Rush fan. So he showed me the musical history and impact of Rush. Later on when I discovered Dream Theater, I was simply stunned due to their musical ability. But deep inside me, I could hear that “its like Rush, but on anabolic steroids”

So perhaps “D2 was the inception, GD is the perfection” could summarize how I see it.

I like that very much.

P.S. More of a thrash metalhead myself, but DT is <3

Well even Metallica cites Rush as a major influence :wink:

If you are into Dream Theater, check out the last song “la villa strangiato” on the Hemsipheres album by Rush and perhaps you will agree that DT is like that song, but cranked up 10 times

EDIT: the mosquito sounds in FG are identical to the ones in D2 :stuck_out_tongue: I bet 10 bucks that they just stole the sound sample :wink:

Will do after I take my new/improved darkblaze pyro for a spin :rolleyes:

#gdstashLIFE

I will wait a few weeks until I GD-stash, I wanna figure out and find stuff on my own first. Its like getting the tab for the new DT record, I wanna figure out the parts on my own first :wink: [but I have to admit I have checked out the guitar world videos where Petrucci is showing two riffs from the record but that’s about it]

Something tells me Crate wouldn’t risk stepping in that kind of doo-doo with Blizz. I like to imagine they are smarter than that. The only way I could see them “stealing” a sound sample from another game would be if it was a stock file open to any and all. :wink:

OOOOH HO HO. YOU DISGUSTING GDSTASHING RAT.
This is gonna be a new addition to my signature