Forester/Tree Management

Some type of building/worker/area set aside to supply the colony with wood, as opposed to clear-cutting, or having to hunt and pick for dead-stands.

Something (or multiple units as population requires) to keep up with firewood, coal and wood plank demands on a continuing basis, without having to scour and denude the map of all vegetation.

Especially on smaller maps, with little or no coal deposits.

1 Like

Builders plant trees. Trees can be concentrated right outside or perhaps inside your walls for a convenient source of wood. I find oak trees best. Also replanting a few trees where you harvested in the wild will help trees to recover and grow. They to take trees out of decorations and allow planting multiples at once…at least 4. Be sure to let them mature so you get at least 7 wood from them.

1 Like

So that does turn out to be cost effective?
Thank you. :slight_smile:

I always leave patches of ground to plant a good number of trees in different areas close to my stockyards. Then I plant one group of trees. Then in a year or 2 plant another group and then same thing again in a few years. Then when I need wood I chop them down and replant. That way you always have wood very close to where you need them and stock them. It’s only 1 gold per tree and the time it takes the builder to plant them. Plant 20 trees and get 140 wood from them.

I normally replant in Winter when I have turned off my farms and foragers so there are plenty of builders to help plant. It works for me and I don’t need far off work camps or anything.

1 Like

The State of Early Access - Update #01

1 Like

Thank you.
There is good info there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.