Forgotten gods: content

Hello,

Grim dawn is one of the best games I have ever played, and I still enjoy creating new builds. But I am a bit confused by Forgotten Gods expansion content: no new level cap, no extra devotions points. Hard.

Luckily there are “shattered realms” and new items, which seem very promising, but I am afraid that would not be suficient in the long run.

I do agree with the the team on “the no parangon” policy, but imo the devotions points cap should be modified to enable players to create new builds.

Players will be able to create new builds because we’re getting another mastery so 8 more classes, 9 new constellations 5 of which have celestial powers, new faction gear, movement runes, etc. We’ll also be getting 3-4 more skill points from quests.

A new mastery will be added, the Oathkeeper. And there will be a handful new devotions to choose from.

Tell me when you have played all mastery combos, chars with single mastery, with all sets,… :wink: there is plenty to do in Grim Dawn.

The new movement augments add a whole new layer of build customization, with three new choices per char: which movement type to pick (teleport, leap, charge, etc.), what type of proc/damage it has, and what devotions (if any) to tie to it.

On your request for more devotion points, it will mean less trade-offs when making builds which actually can just as likely reduce build diversity as increase it. However, the xpac adds more devotions to pick from with the same number of points per char, which will definitely increase diversity .

As pointed out above, there will also be more skill points, which will add a bit more player power, but probably won’t increase diversity that much.

There is also a lot of new gear being added, new relics, new MI with significant skill mods. Shattered realm is only one aspect of FG, there are lot more story and side boss added with FG and more environment variety. With the extra variety of area and monsters GD comes very close to perfection.

FG is going to open up a lot more options for build diversity, probably hundreds or thousands of hours of playtime from that alone :smiley:

I think you are one of the first people I’ve seen that is not watering at the mouth for FG :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree. Seems a bit THIN on actual content for existing players who has many hours played with L100 toons. I do not want to be forced to start all over again with a new character. Bank and 2 mules full of mythicals.

Expansion is great for new players. Existing players? Not so much.

New areas to explore, more skill points, infinite dungeons. Seems like new characters can do that.

I have several L100 toons and I am stoked about FG!!!

Isn’t Grim Dawn all about making new chars over and over again anyway?

Perhaps try it and then see what you think.

Since when is a level/devotion cap increase considered as “content” anyway?

2 mules full? So, what you plan on using those 2 mules full of items for then? Just to sit there and stare at? That… is what we call a walking contradiction to what you just said.

No one is forcing you to start all over, you can (and should for the extra skill points) play FG with your old L100 toons. I’m an existing player with dozens of characters, and I’ll be sure to run each and everyone of them thru the whole FG content and then as deep into the Shattered Realm as possible. Also all the new gear will give me tons of options to improve my old toons. I fail to see how that is not great for existing players.

Yeah, having items for the sake of having them is kind of dumb in my honest opinion. You collect so that you can try them with a different character.

Increasing the level cap and an new item rarity literally does nothing now. You level up and get items to go right back to where you are now. It made sense with Ashes because it was introducing skill mods but now? It changes nothing.

What I am referring to, what is there to do as a player who already has well geared L100? No item hunt? Not arguing, but I am asking, if I really like my Death Knight and Vindicator, are there meaningful upgrades to go for to sink significant time into?

As the moderator stated earlier, FG will be the same difficulty as Ashes. If that is the case, I will steam roll most of the content. Nothing to push against.

Shattered realm is infinite, always something to push.

If you only play those two characters and already have them geared up then there probably won’t be significant change in the grand scheme of things to your build (biggest change probably movement skill augments). Just some gear tweaking here and there probably and possibly a huge grind to achieve that if random legendary drops is how the upgrades are achieved.

I guess you don’t care about story or side boss as they will be weak vs your characters. Secret boss, Nemesis may be appealing. Shattered Realm will present a challenge with movement skill rewards.

Otherwise the other major reason to get FG is finishing up the story and lore to close off the game.

If you think FG is low value for money for you then I guess you could wait until the price eventually lowers for this. A player gets the most out of GD if they like playing multiple builds or multiple times over.

I have played 90% of the mastery combo, and have used almost every set in the game, and I am still finding things to do, because damn, some builds don’t need to use all the sets, and some builds don’t need any set item at all ( I am talking about end-game build). So to me, Crate has created a game that successfully appeals to gamers like me, and the added content in FG will only make me invest more hours.

New level cap and more devotion points will only create the “illusion” of new contents. If they add another tier of items, I will probably just quit GD, because I ain’t gonna wasting my time to find all those legendary items again in another tier. I think people are so used to games like D3 that just keeps tuning the numbers up with each patch to create false sense of progression.

GD is a game that encourages players to make multiple character, and the sense of progression comes from perfecting each build you make, instead of just keep raising the number caps. When FG comes out, I don’t even have time to make new oathkeeper classes, because I will need to farm new items and tweak devotions to perfect my 20+ end-game characters. That for me, is a better sense of progression.

This. The devs have stated that the game is geared towards creating new characters. It’s not an endless progression.

There will be a slew of new gear options. Some may even be stronger than what you are using now.