Forgotten Gods Development FAQ

60%? Quite small right? especially for campaign loving peoples and dont really care about Shattered Realms. Unless SR ends up being 100% canon to the story

Regarding size of campaign, I doubt it will remain that way . With them fine tuning and revisiting the areas for many many months , I wont be surprised Zantai ends up making FG bigger. They love doing MOAR things anyway and this time again maybe ending up expanding the campaign area to say at least a decent 80% of AoM!:cool:

ok here are my questions…

-what is the max item level gonna be with forgotten gods, will existing items be still relevant and usable with new expansion?
-will 3 difficulties be reduced to 1 difficulty only so we dont have to run the game 3 times?
-will system requirements of the game increase?
-is it going to be possible to reset mastery choices?

Same as now: 100 level, 55 devotion points, item level 94, of course existing items will still be relevant and usable.

No. Crate is looking at ways to streamline it, but reducing to one difficulty definitely not.

Don’t think so, though we may get an x64 version of the game.

No - once your class is chosen that’s it. You can reset the mastery points by buying them back, but you can’t remove the final point ingame. Only by using GDDefiler or GDStash would you be able to do this.

I am truly in love with this game :slight_smile: :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Will there be more variety of locations and new boss fights ?

Check out the latest and past editions of the Grim Misadventures (GM) to learn more about what’s coming in the expansion.

The GMs occur every two weeks.

We have a whole new act coming so of course. :smiley:

I just recently made up my mind to re-purchase GD on GOG.com because I’m fed up with Steam. I like to own my games. I was wondering if this new expansion will be available on GOG at the time of its release.

Yes, it will. Either at the same time or shortly after. Depends on how quickly GOG get it through their system.

Cool, glad to hear that. Since I’m getting a stand alone version from GOG, I was wondering if the Character save file from my Steam version will drop in seamlessly into the stand alone GOG Install…My Documents/ Games /Grim Dawn. Or if Steam puts some sort of poison pill in the saves folder so you can’t do what I plan on doing. I want nothing to do with Steam.

No, it’ll be fine. Local saves are shared by both platforms. I would back the save file up anyway before you uninstall Steam, just to be on the safe side. It’s always a good idea to do backups regularly in any case. Never know when something’s going to go splat.

Cool, I appreciate your time. Been out of gaming for a few years and just discovered Grim Dawn. D2 has a successor and that’s all I need gaming wise. I’m really happy GOG has it and I can delete my Steam account. They remind me of Ticketmaster. They have a virtual monopoly on distribution and they think they can do whatever they want. F their stupid Launcher. It’s a tool to spy on you, not to mention it holds your game hostage. Steam is a scam. Anyway, thanks again.

will there be another addon following FG? or game is complete and whole afterwards? tnx in advance

Zantai’s replies from the 27th July stream:

"tupacx92 :@CrateEntertainment is this the last expansion for GD ?

I think it’s very likely that this will be the last big content push we do for Grim Dawn. It’s just the kind of natural progression of a release product like this. There was a huge spike when the game came out and sales are still trickling in for the base game. Then Ashes of Malmouth came out and the spike wasn’t as big as it was for the base game was and that’s fine, that’s how expansions go. And we expect Forgotten Gods to be a little bit lower than Ashes of Malmouth, but still good enough to make it worth while making the expansion otherwise we wouldn’t be making it financially speaking."

"AdiosOcelote : Didn’t you say the same after releasing AoM?

I mean I suppose we did, but ultimately it is a financially driven decision. I guess if Forgotten Gods blows us away in terms of how many copies it sells then maybe a third expansion would be discussed. But at this time isn’t not like - we’re definitely doing a third expansion."

"Pokerkid777 :If Forgotten Gods ends up being the last expansion, how much longer do you expect GD to be supported with balance changes and bug fixes?

As long as it makes sense to. Just because we’re not going to work on a giant expansion doesn’t mean that we’ll just stop developing Forgotten Gods stuff. We have ideas for what we could do for post release stuff, whether that could be some new items or some more floors for end of dungeons, might even do some more story content potentially. We will see. And there’ll be additional balancing needed because there’ll be new items, there’s going to have to be some tweaks to make sure everything’s competitive and build diversity goes up."

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77182

Devs have stated that FG will most likely be the last DLC, unless FG sells really well.

Not a problem gladmark. If you have questions then feel free to ask them here, someone’s bound to know the answer.

One thing to be aware of though, if you multiplay a lot, is that GOG doesn’t have the same number of people playing as you’ll find on Steam The versions are not cross play compatible so you may struggle to find someone to play with. 95% of GD’s sales are via Steam.

If this is a concern for you, you could join the GD Discord and use their searching players section to see if you can find someone to play with.

Guys I have a question - After FG are you planning making new game in future(and when if yes ?) Grim Dawn 2 or other H&S with same advanced mechanics?

Personally I will take FG in day of release and also expect 1 DLC more yet,then new game needed!!! There is only few (mean 2) good h&s on the market:GD and PoE… The rest is dog’s-meat…

Here’s the latest (I think) on the new game they are working on.

From what I have understood of their various statement, they definitely intend to continue making games in the future.
They are currently working on a different game, which will be more town-building with combat element if I recall.

However they will be open to work on more H&S titles in the future.
It would be quite a long way off, though. As the team was a bit burned out on the genre after working so long on GD.

Don’t expect anything new in the aRPG world from Crate before a good couple of years, I’d say.
Good that there is still years worth of content with GD and I suppose the upcoming project.

Atm GD2 or any other ARPG is just a possibility some time in the future.

"droblit :@CrateEntertainment how long do you plan to work on GD? is there going to GD 2?

Well, Forgotten Gods will probably be like the last big content release we do. Whether we do something afterwards like something smaller like the Crucible depends on the team, whether we do any patches depends on how the sales are going. So long as the game is active, the sales are steady then we’ll keep supporting the game and keep you guys interested. As for Grim Dawn 2 that’s too far into the future to confirm or deny."

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77182