Forgotten Gods Development FAQ

Heyy when expansion come?

i would like to know when is the official realease date, not just that Q1. I am playing elite now and i am already before malmouth so after malmouth i would like to play directly forgotten gods on elite. thanks

It’ll come out when it’s ready. That’s the exact release day.

its Q1 and still no precise date of release, it looks like it will be actually in Q2.

Quarter 1 runs until the end of March. :rolleyes:

Each month is one quarter, apparently. :smiley:

Yes but we are not so far from Februari 2019 already and no more precisions !
I can’ believe that they don’t know their statement … They could tell us at least the month of release …

I am positive, that they don´t know for s u r e themselves yet . When they think it´s all done and ready, they´ll be able to pick a date shortly after that, and release it.

All they could do, is to give us a rough estimate when it´s gonna be.

Which they did. :stuck_out_tongue:

They’ll tell us the expansion will come in February, but then they’ll not be ready and players will be pissed at them. Now another version, they’ll say it’ll come in March, but they’ll be ready in February, so they’ll need to wait till March because players will think they’re just making fun of us by stating a longer date. I rather wait more, without knowing the release date then read comments like “Wtf you said it’ll come in X but it came out in Y”.

Zantai said in a recent stream that the expansion is almost finished except for the final dungeon/boss. But it all depends on what the playtesters find when they’re testing FG. If we’re lucky Crate may announce the month as they did with AoM (announced in September it would be out in October), but don’t count on it. It’s still a case of it’ll be ready when it’s ready.

You’d be very unhappy if they announced it would be out in February then some last minute problems pushed it back to March now wouldn’t you.

Any news on the xbox one port?

The Xbox port is going fine last we heard. Rhis is working on it so it’s up to him to say when it’s ready.

They also want to roll Grim Dawn and the major expansions together into a single release for it so there isn’t any splintering of the community like there is for PC now so expect it to release after Forgotten Gods does.

Only that it’ll be out some time after FG drops. Zantai said they’d probably do it as a complete bundle for Xbox so I assume there may be some testing/certification that may still need doing afterwards before they can do that.

One more practical question:
Is it likely or at least discussed over to render all converted damages to the color? This will definitely bring much more dynamics to all genres of builds

Yes, and the answer is no. 7th December stream:

"ShotokanEditor : It was asked before and i was wondering if there was any progress or even anything about this. Are the fx ever gonna change colors depending the mutators? From fire (orange fx color) to poison (green fx color)?

As this has come up a lot before and been answered many times, this is actually a very complicated thing to do. The way we do it right now is literally manually so every time we do this for a skill we actually have to do it by hand, sometimes it requires tech changes so to do it for every single skill, every mutator and modifier would take a lot of work. Or we would need a tech solution that dynamically alters the RGB values according to damage type which would be a ton of work so no, we’re not planning something like that."

Crate, dont forget to update the forums too. We getting sick and tired of seeing green! Bring out the" grim" colors of the desert.:stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah would love to see a forum change with a
yellowish desert theme.

Artists are actually working on the new forum theme. :wink:

Great wondering what the result will be.:stuck_out_tongue:

What about Grimtools update? I’m guessing it is coming soon