Forgotten Gods Main Menu Screen Preview

looks awesome

I agree, it will be an awesome feature.

Also having them being random, as it is with StarCraft II would be pretty cool :stuck_out_tongue:

they managed to randomized the loading screens to shuffle boob girl, chest hair man and creepy pedo. The main menu should be doable too right?. We cant put to trash the old ones especially the classic first one. Please zantai if you can.

See this here Zantai :confused: Make it happen. Really, it would be a shame to not be able to see the AoM menu when we wanted.

Probably gonna have to resort to hard-mods. Nothing against the FG layout, but I reaaaaally liked the AOM one.

The devs said a long time ago that there will be a rotating menu with all 3 screens …

The devs said rotating loading screens between the base game one, AoM one and FG one. Unless i missed a dev post or it was mentioned in a dev stream i don’t recall rotating background menus.

Devs referred to loading screens afaik, never heard anything about the menu

As far as wishes go it is not a priority, but who knows

Edit - Norzan beat me to it

Honestly, I think it’s a bit too bright.

I think it would be great if menu screens could be rotated randomly, like they said they will do for loading screens.

I love the new look. I think it’s fantastic. I just wish there would be a way to cycle through the old and new menus so that your excellent old work wouldn’t be lost, too.

the picture is too mottled and bright.

It’s not a “Grim Dawn” already. Soon there will be pink ponies, a rainbow and cheerful flowers everywhere. Fffuuuu.

Honestly, I’m against random loading of the menu and I sincerely hope that if they make the decision to make the other menu’s viewable that all thoughts of randomization die-by-fire. That’s fine for “loading screens” but the menu should just include some arrows to click to let you cycle thru and choose the one you are in the mood to see (Total War: Warhammer II has this feature with their loading menu[s]). Having the game remember your choice between sessions would also be desirable.

And I really hope they build this in because it kinda sucks to lose the other menus to the content you already own just because you bought the latest. Sucks even more if you really like AoM’s menu vibe and you realize you never get to see it again “unless” you intend on uninstalling FG?

Hmmm

Agreed, the position of the sun in the background indicates it’s not even dawn.

Something like this would work better and has a nice palette of colours to boot:

Hm, it’s almost as if despite being Grim Dawn, the sun still exists and still blazes brightly on the deserts of Erulan… hmmm.

Crazy.

Aren’t the first two screens supposed to represent a grim dawn? Why break with tradition now? The FG screen clearly does not represent dawn because the sun is significantly higher than the horizon.

AoM also does not represent dawn, you simply are in a dark forest (look at where the rays of the sun come from, at least 10am…), and the vanilla one to me always looked more like sunset than sunrise :wink:

They all mostly represent the content of the game / expansion. Vanilla showed you something that could either be around Devil’s Crossing / Burrwitch or Homestead. AoM shows a bit of the forest and of the burning city, i.e. its two acts, and FG shows you its act / scenery.

mamba:

I’m not sure that ray of light comes from the sun. Because wouldn’t the path behind the character also be at least partially illuminated? It’s not continuously covered by thick forest canopy. IMHO the best possible explanation for that ray of light is this:

Looks great! My vote goes for a toggleable menu selector so we can choose which of the 3 we would like to see for the main screen. Pretty please??

except that there is no electricity and flood light in the forest, so the most likely light source is the sun…

There definitely is also a light source in the lower left corner which is responsible for much of the light on the path, but the rays are from the sun

And it would be nice if there is a daily challenge function :p.