Forgotten Gods Theorycrafting Thread

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0Q6XyZ - tried to fine tune phys retal DE oppressor. Shield is dreamy but only suffix is required. Shoulders is something I have on stash so there should be something better if you wanna GDstash. IDK if the damage will be good for this one considering avatar of order has been nerfed as per Grimtools. Still, build looks fun. Won’t play it until I get back to GDstashing tho. Looks a lot more fun at full potential i.e. full retal shield affixes.

Another good build idea with bad execution :stuck_out_tongue: Core of the build is: Gravetouch Shield (Cold EoR) + Conduit Amulet (Cold Vire’s Might) = Cold EoR + V’sM Dervish
There must be some smarter item choices to allow better component/augment, to get that missing OA/DA.

It doesn’t look too exciting now, lol…

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I mean I labeled the build on my personal list here “NERFED BEFORE RELEASE”. I was most excited for oppressor during the reveal but the current builds we can theorycraft aren’t too much fun for me aside from this concept.

Hmm… don’t you like Stoneguard oppressor concept?

I for one really excited with oppressor, especially exploring all the vitality, phys, and hybrid retal potential the mastery has. Also the high QoL the build offer.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I took a look and found a few builds but still couldn’t really decide. Do you think templar will be a better battlemage for devastation builds? If so I might scrap my battlemage and move over to templar instead of making a paladin.

Well, vit has blightlord, which got nerfed so there’s goes the interest (might go back to it later tho), then the classic dark one/valguur + bonespike casters which looks better on paper than blightlord. Vit AA needs more support, imo. Blightlord has potential but I’m not yet too positive. Phys non-retal AA is kinda decent but is obviously edged out by stoneguard which isn’t a set I have the hots for. That leaves retal DE and it got nerfed :frowning:

Guess I’ll go shieldbreaker first. IK with BWC spam is looking great, and BWC has always been one of my favorite skills. I’d go sentinel but I don’t have a leveled occultist just yet.

I think Battlemage has now really decent options besides only spellscourge. Templar will be more fun to play imho with new kinds of gameplay and mechanics.

I didn’t prepare any toons for FG release. I intend to test the new leveling experience (ultimate level 1) with Oathkeeper. It’ll be Paladin > Shieldbreaker > Oppressor. And I think my Druid and my Witch Hunter, that I didn’t use for eons, will be gd-stashed into Sentinel and Templar.

Another build. I’m surprised this hasn’t been done already:
Straightforward of the Three - (non-retaliation) Acid Sentinel

Following Superfluff’s recommendation I have now included Brimstone in my build and IMO the numbers look promising:

CT / Vire’s Might Fire Templar using Brimstone

I’m using 2 greens that I have laying around and it remains to be seen if more defense will be necessary. Right now it’s built for offense with 98% crit damage, >3400 OA without Ascension and 2200%/1950% fire/burn damage.
The +skill bonuses work out very nice in the end with 26/16 on CT and VM aswell as 17/12 on Divine Mandate for the juicy 50% crit damage.
I’m not sure about the devotions though.

Another attempt at making the “100% vitality converted to fire to DEE” work:
Fire DEE + Deva x4 - Warlock.

Edit: 100% acid to fire conversion too.

I’m of the same mind. I have no qualms about using stoneguard, but i wished Opressor had something else to use Vit AA, maybe supported by some retal. Two things i would love to see in one of the future balancing/content patches that Z spoke about in the streams, would be:

1. % retal added to attack on BH or a flat retal bonus on SH, as necro only has retal stuff trough items.

2. I’d really like to see a revamped Deathguard set that includes OK as the 3’rd supported mastery. Maybe with some retal bonuses to BH/SH. I made a rough sketch with 3 piece Deathguard to see if it can get decent RR. The acid RR mod on Dreeg amy and Deathstalker could compensate the lack of necro’s acid RR, though it would be awesome to get a mod for it on a necro skill (like -10% acid res on ill omen). But that’s just my acid fetish :rolleyes:

3. No need, to mention, more functional Vitality Opressor items/sets

Warlock :open_mouth:

Not to nitpick, but i’m only counting 95% acid to fire :stuck_out_tongue:
Notwithstanding, this is a seriously sexy build.Me likey! 10/10 sacred strikes :wink:

The actual % conversion depends on the roll on the items of course.

100% theoritically and if you gdstash-cheat your rolls. I’ve made a Fire DEE Deceiver already. Next will be Pyromancer then :slight_smile: I’m really intrigued by this off-hand. That’s (another) great design from the Devs.

Oh yeah, didn’t take that into account. My apologies to Belzzz.
And all my gratitude to you, kind sir, for taking the time to compile some of the builds posted in here.

some? Belzzz is in a clear leader position in the number of proposed build here :smiley:

That he is :smiley:
Drats, if internet didn’t make it a painstaking job to use Grimtools and i had taken my vacation earlier, maybe i would have posted half the number he did :rolleyes:

I’ll still post a couple of ideas till release date, it helps a lot to have an overview of builds proposed so far, to know what to focus on. Thanks again, Glenn. :slight_smile:

Well generally speaking I only like devastation from arcanist tree :stuck_out_tongue: so spellscourge with beronath was my go to build, but seeing templars with quad devastation and the like looks really fun too. What new options are available for battlemage?

Sup guys, I was looking into going this build using Mythical Perdition until I can grab all the separate pieces. I’m not super experienced with retaliation builds but this looks pretty solid overall.

Stats:

1. 80%ish chance on block to proc
  2. 80%ish chance when hit to proc
  3. 10%-20%ish retal added to multiple attacks
  4. 25k-50k added to attacks without procs, 39k-78k added with procs
  5. 250k retal without procs, 390k with procs
  6. 2700/3000 without procs, 3000/3300 with procs (OA/DA)

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GDeR5V