Forgotten Gods vs Ashes of Malmouth vs Grim Dawn Comparison

Potentially infinite. It gets harder as you go on and thus every build will eventually reach its limit. If you could keep going tho, it too could keep going.

As for randomness, not procedural randomization. GD’s engine doesn’t do that. What they’ve done is made “levels” that are selected randomly. Alot of them. To which Crate can continue to add more to if they wish, modders will be able to make their own levels as well.

Yes.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75476

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79118

"Unless it sells amazingly well Zantai has said it’s probably the last big content push for the game. They may continue to add smaller content stuff like new items, etc, but another expansion looks unlikely atm. "
That’s so sad. I always had hopes for long-term life, and every year
large addons :frowning:

Crate says it depends on sales, so you know how to build pressure :wink:

Shattered Realms sounds like an infinite and random dungeon. Is that correct?

pretty much, it is not entirely random, but which predefined map you get next is and the mobs are

If FG is massive success (i am praying it does and will do my part with the usual 8-10 copies via GOG to give Crate more revenue vs Steam) they might reconsider :slight_smile:

Also Zantai said they will most likely do smaller DLC focused on story - which i would throw money at asap - like going to Aetherhold and killing the council of 5 since if you traverse to the Eldritch realm (like you will do in FG) and kill Korvaak - you should mop the floor with the top Aetherial honchos.

It’s not an MMO, nor is it online-only in any sense. We’ve all known that eventually they’d need to move on to other things.

Currently we are almost at 3 years since it officially released and 7+ years since they started work on the game.

I do hope FG does really, really well and they do one last smaller expansion as that is the only way we will get another mastery. One mastery, some items, bits of story, some snowy environments and then it is done.

I believe a game as good as GD deserves to have 10 masteries (10 is a nice round number ;), plus don’t let TQ have more masteries than GD :stuck_out_tongue: )

After that, one could say that GD is officially done and truly the greatest ARPGs ever and devs could work on GD2 or some other project or just chill on their well-earned yachts. Perhaps it is just wishful thinking

I’m very excited for this exp!

I love the snow/ice environments, was hoping for some more in FG.

Its sad. We have asterkarn but there was very little story involved in that area apart from the place having the best grim lore notes in game.

hoping to see more variety in FG.

TQ ragnarok although is having bad story offered so many variety in the locations forest, magical dimensions, snow, lava, caves, dungeons, city, village, ponds, fortress, name it has a version of everything albeit smalll:rolleyes:

in Malmouth dlc the only place that looks great is Augdenbog section and to some extent the ambience of the sewers. Its a bummer that final boss area dungeon is kinda small

I hope not :stuck_out_tongue:

really excited!

Very cool … altough i feel Forgotten gods added more :slight_smile: