Forthcoming Forgotten Gods expac - what we know so far Part I

So much interesting info! Really can’t wait to test these mobility skills in action!

As always, big thanks to medea :slight_smile:

about the new ‘shattering’ game mode
it wasn’t clear to me until this stream that this ‘shattering’ actually doesn’t have much to do with the game mode itself
I think he basically just told us that you need to shatter the barrier to the guardian of dreeg area to access it
also, if the new content becomes accessible after defeating Krieg, I suppose the entrance may very well be near the entrance to the AOM content

You’re welcome everyone. :slight_smile: I thought a thread like this would be useful to try and keep all the info together in one place. The GMs are always available of course, but the streams aren’t and there’s a lot of info in those as well.

Besides it helps me too, the streams are so busy with questions coming thick and fast it’s difficult to keep up with everything going on. I’d be rerunning the videos anyway just for myself to make sure I haven’t missed any info.

I think one of the biggest “spoilers” if you want to call it that was the fact that you can uncheck individual quests in your log if you don’t want to see all of them onscreen. So many people didn’t realise you could do that - including me! :eek: Probably knew about it in early alpha, but as I initially didn’t use the onscreen quest list I forgot about it.

ok the music as far as we know :rolleyes:

new soundtracks: :cool:

//youtu.be/35JYV_3F5s4

//youtu.be/6WW8YpewYUE

Another little snippet Zantai’s just posted in another thread.

About MI i’d really love some boots. I’m not a crafting enthusiast i’d prefer endgame boots would come by killing stuff instead of crafting. Crafting = annoying , killing stuff = fun.

We know the names from 7 of the 9 constellations.

Four of them are T1, at least two are T2, and one is T3. So i expect that at least one of them is T1.

What is the T1:T2:T3-ratio btw?
Some early auto attack replecers to compete Cadence would also be nice.

Rough count, since I’m playing GD at the moment, 17 T3, 37 T2 and 40 T1 - not sure I got them all though, might have missed a few.

Count them for yourself here:

https://grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Constellation

Don’t have enough fingers to count em.:smiley:
I’m good, just wondered if there’s a fixed (isn’t) ratio.

Since the expansion is called Forgotten gods, i assume a other T1 constellation must be a primordial like Korvaak. :stuck_out_tongue:

Likely, though I would like to see some thematic deities, like God of Desert, Sand etc.
Pantheon could use something releated to desert.

am legit worried about FG expac overall. Imagine difficulty scaling.

What we know. Content can be accessed after killing Krieg. which means it is also a low lvl area. now if u have hi lvl char it scales to higher lvl difficulty. Now am worried that content will be easy jist like act 1 to 4 is easy. It would be great if it is little hard than act 5 and 6

. Hoping that since it is accessible early on , the area should provide huge difficulty curve that it actually encourages well optimized gear and skill to play early on. and if your char sucks mobs wipe the floor with your character and then forces you to git gud and come back later.

my overall point FG expac boss should be better than theodin

Don’t worry i’m sure they are aware of these things. Just because it’s accessible it doesn’t mean it’s easy going straight in there

your a legend in the forums so I believe you:D

Lol, i’m just being optimistic. No one knows anything at the moment. I was just as surprised at this decision to make it accessible so early.

But it kind of make sense to be fair to both the casual and the late game player. The xpac has to sell. It would be total burn out if FG were after AoM story or Vanilla story. Or if it would require a very high lvl in general to experience

There was this from the last stream:

“Will us doing the Forgotten Gods content immediately after Krieg over-level us and hurt our faction gains from defeating trash mobs?
We are going to adjust the level ranges in Forgotten Gods so that shouldn’t be a huge concern, but level up at a higher level after Krieg I suppose, yes.”

And this from the 30th March:

"Caerbae
:will it be as big of a leap in difficulty as aom is?
Zantai_GD
:I would say it will be on par with AoM

I want a Kravall sized Super Boss who is stronger than Ravager and Mog. All our Super Bosses have been nearly “human sized” so far.

As for the final boss, I’d be interested to see someone stronger than Theodin but won’t be surprised if we don’t get one since the main story monsters are generally designed to be weak so that even unoptimized chars can kill them

At least Theodin has the more interesting attacks, Kravall coming in second