Forthcoming Forgotten Gods expac - what we know so far Part I

am legit worried about FG expac overall. Imagine difficulty scaling.

What we know. Content can be accessed after killing Krieg. which means it is also a low lvl area. now if u have hi lvl char it scales to higher lvl difficulty. Now am worried that content will be easy jist like act 1 to 4 is easy. It would be great if it is little hard than act 5 and 6

. Hoping that since it is accessible early on , the area should provide huge difficulty curve that it actually encourages well optimized gear and skill to play early on. and if your char sucks mobs wipe the floor with your character and then forces you to git gud and come back later.

my overall point FG expac boss should be better than theodin

Don’t worry i’m sure they are aware of these things. Just because it’s accessible it doesn’t mean it’s easy going straight in there

your a legend in the forums so I believe you:D

Lol, i’m just being optimistic. No one knows anything at the moment. I was just as surprised at this decision to make it accessible so early.

But it kind of make sense to be fair to both the casual and the late game player. The xpac has to sell. It would be total burn out if FG were after AoM story or Vanilla story. Or if it would require a very high lvl in general to experience

There was this from the last stream:

“Will us doing the Forgotten Gods content immediately after Krieg over-level us and hurt our faction gains from defeating trash mobs?
We are going to adjust the level ranges in Forgotten Gods so that shouldn’t be a huge concern, but level up at a higher level after Krieg I suppose, yes.”

And this from the 30th March:

"Caerbae
:will it be as big of a leap in difficulty as aom is?
Zantai_GD
:I would say it will be on par with AoM

I want a Kravall sized Super Boss who is stronger than Ravager and Mog. All our Super Bosses have been nearly “human sized” so far.

As for the final boss, I’d be interested to see someone stronger than Theodin but won’t be surprised if we don’t get one since the main story monsters are generally designed to be weak so that even unoptimized chars can kill them

At least Theodin has the more interesting attacks, Kravall coming in second

Kravall has interesting attacks? Only his constant Blizzard shower looks interesting. The rest of his attacks I didn’t even notice

Theodin I agree, likely the most interesting skill set in the game. One of my favorite bosses right up there along side Bourbon, Gargabol and Shar’Zul

The most interesting ones for me personally from a design standpoint are Sentinel And Grava. Not that I particularly enjoy fighting them. But grava is legit Bad ass and honors Chthonian faction imo

Well, maybe we’ll get some more news in a stream on Friday if they do one. Zantai said on the 13th April that he thought they might be able to show off the new game mode in a month or two so cross fingers it won’t be long now. :slight_smile:

Also very curious about this comment from the 24th May:

“In fact there’s a seventh type of skill that we added recently, but it’s not going to be a rune for some reason.”

on par with AoM seems reasonable , thank you. Am having nightmares after playing titan quest. Final boss Surtr is nothing but garbage. but Crate knows better so:cool:

Sentinel is awesome :wink:

I wish I could fire him from my faction :mad:

Well I guess having read some Norse Mythology I shouldn’t be surprised by this but still dude - spoilers :mad:

I wish I could summon him, or at least his lesser rivals, Ekket or Visage

I wonder if there’ll be a new version of the Plunderer’s Talisman.

I’m more interested in an upgraded Beronath’s Fury. A slightly buffed default attack replacer on a new component would be very handy

New sh!t for pets!!! And new pets!!!

Surprisingly little said about the expansion in the stream yesterday. This was an artwork stream with Allminoxy showing us some of the new monsters he’s working on for the expansion. Here’s the concept art for one.

And a bit further along.

And then we got to see another of the new monsters.

FG related questions/answers:

Flavourius :is that chthonic? or for a new faction
Zantai_GD :it’s not chthonic
Allminoxy: it’s eldritch

AdiosOcelote :Make a skill/item that summons this monster permanently. I want to have one of those in my side and call it Bob.
Zantai_GD :haha you guys can’t request every new mob we make as a summon

mauric1us :So Zantai, what are the remaining 2 constellations in FG ?
Zantai_GD :you’ll see soon enough

Plasmastrike67 :Have you ever considered Ultimate Veteran mode? Or will the new game mode somewhat satisfy that in a way?
Zantai_GD :definitely not adding any higher difficulties
Zantai_GD :new game mode will probably appeal to those wanting harder content

Greek_Feta_Cheese :@Zantai_GD will we be able to step into the aetherial realm or cththonian realm or the realm of the witch gods in a future expansion ?
Zantai_GD :you’ve already been in the chthonian realm
Zantai_GD :the aetherial realm is not a physical plane of existence
Zantai_GD :so you’d have trouble existing there

StrUktO :could your mind exist there?
Zantai_GD :your spirit could
Zantai_GD :but then you’re dead
Zantai_GD :so…

I mean I like the monster designs introduced in Ashes of Malmouth but what is up with Forgotten Gods. Every monster they make I want to have it as a permanent summon. It’s just so damn good.

Btw I really hope we fight a boss variant of the winged creature whose wings remain “unfinished” (basically it looks like this http://prntscr.com/jszwad)

I really hope we can get some basic differences b/w Aether and Eldritch already. That stuff hasn’t made sense to me since Day 1. I don’t even care about the meta plot at this point :smiley:

Even more monsters, yay :smiley: Can’t wait to see them in all their glory!

Based on the part about spirit inhabiting Aetherial’s realm place sounds more and more like Warp in WH40k.
Also WANT those pincers for pierce bm!