Forthcoming Forgotten Gods expac - what we know so far Part II

Thanks sir spanksalot. It just seemed sensible to me to try and keep all the info together rather than having it scattered all over the forum and some of it like the live stream stuff not available after a while. It’s my labour of love I guess. :smiley:

2 things:

1. @medea: I love how you went like, fudge it. I’m gonna start numbering the damn reserved posts. I KNOW that frustration well. :stuck_out_tongue:

2. @zantai:

to make sure everything’s competitive and build diversity goes up

Does this mean the demo will finally get some revamps?

I just wish I’d thought of it when I made the first part of this. I was afraid I was reaching the limit of what the first post in part I could hold, even with everything under spoilers. :eek:

As for revamping Demo I don’t think they’d do that so late in the development now.

In that case, what about better item support for the demo-skills outside the FS line?

I think that was kinda answered in the full quote:

“Pokerkid777 :If Forgotten Gods ends up being the last expansion, how much longer do you expect GD to be supported with balance changes and bug fixes?
As long as it makes sense to. Just because we’re not going to work on a giant expansion doesn’t mean that we’ll just top developing Forgotten Gods stuff. We have ideas for what we could do for post release stuff, whether that could be some new items or some more floors for end of dungeons, might even do some more story content potentially. We will see. And there’ll be additional balancing needed because there’ll be new items, there’s going to have to be some tweaks to make sure everything’s competitive and build diversity goes up.”

If the devs think Demo needs some additional support via items then they’ll add it. As always post your suggestions/ideas down in the Ideas/Feeback section or the No Reply Feedback section depending on whether you want others to be able to comment on them or not.

Oh I have. Don’t you worry about that. I’m ranting and raving about the demo on every section of the forum. Forget the korean spam bots, you have another asian spam bot right here in sir spanksalot. :stuck_out_tongue:

For example: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77532

Can we now continue with the “try and get Zantai to confirm a new mastery” game?

Oathkeeper leak is awesome! I’m super hyped.

I toyed around with all combinations between Demo, Soldier, Inquisitor and Shaman for a Paladin like build, but all just were not completely “it” in terms of feel.

Probably is going to be difficult to choose with which one to match Oathkeeper! Time for tri-masteries? :stuck_out_tongue: I recently did Titanquest with a tri-mastery mod to make a Spartan Soldier ala 300 (Warfare + Defense + Hunter), not very balanced, but pretty cool and opens up so many more combinations. The mod didn’t work yet for Ragnarok but similar Warfare + Stormcaller + Runemaster would make for a good Marvel’s Thor. Anyway going horrible offtopic here!

Inquisitor + Soldier and Shaman + Soldier were cool retaliation builds, looking forward to learning more about the retaliation changes as well - based on the gear leaked earlier, I assume Oathkeeper also has a strong retaliation component?.

Oathkeeper + Occulist or Necro will probably also have some sweet “Oathbreaker” possibilities. (Again tri-mastery would be sweet for Oathkeeper + Demo + Occulist)

Sentinel armour, yes. Here’s a secret guys, if you like the Sentinel set you’ll be able to get it as a set in Forgotten Gods.

Yesss, I waited ages for that to happen. I wonder if it will come with a new helmet or we can just pair the Eldritch Keeper-casque with it. :slight_smile: That set just looks awesome, especially for a poison/acid themed melee fighter

Enemy faction is called: Eldritch Horrors.

Here’s the text from the 17th August stream:

First congratulations to Grava and his wife on the birth of a daughter earlier this year. Luckily he didn’t have to rush off to change her diaper, but he did dash out later to put the roof up on his jeep. At least I think that’s what he meant when he actually said:

“I have to go outside real quick. I have to put the roof down on my jeep. I’ll be right back. It’s going to rain like right now.” 1.03.36 in.

Zantai managed to drop by via his phone even though he was attending a wedding during the stream. And still managed to say quite a lot. :stuck_out_tongue:

Greek_Feta_Cheese :@zantai_gd will are there crucible changes planned for the xpac?
Zantai_GD :No particular changes, will probably add FG mobs to existing waves

Zantai_GD :I see Shattered Realm as a way to push your builds to their limits more so as the absolutely most efficient way to farm loot, but time will tell
Zantai_GD :It has unique rewards though, and you can earn a few skill points

Zantai_GD :Nemesis bosses can spawn at higher shards, several can appear on a chunk

Zantai_GD :Nemesis bosses can spawn at higher shards, several can appear on a chunk

VeretragnaVictorious :Zantai, can 4 nemeses be spawned at the same time like in Crucible?
Zantai_GD :They tend to spawn more spread out

DenisMashutikov :@Zantai_GD can same nemesis spawn several times per session in shatter realm?
Zantai_GD :Yup

AzTk1992 :are the portals for next level spawning always in the same location on the particular map?
Zantai_GD :Portals are semi random

ChthonicSonic :@Zantai_GD Are there Shattering Realm exclusive monsters/bosses?
Zantai_GD :No

Billaowski :@CrateEntertainment I believe someone mentioned you were going to touch on existing masteries/items in the future. Are you allowed to tell us anything about that
Zantai_GD :We call those patches, billaowski

Caerbae :Zantai_GD can you authorize grava to spoil set reroll material obtaining for us
Zantai_GD :Nothing to spoil, you saw them in the GM reveal

DenisMashutikov :@Zantai_GD will shatter realm have checkpoints, or we need start 1st Shard every time we take reward?
Zantai_GD :There are checkpoints

gilavar :Zantai, are there any plans to buff or change AAR skill?
Zantai_GD :AAR has been buffed for next update

Tividor :are you writing Monday’s dev blog zantai or is it gonna be another amateur hour smh
Zantai_GD :Monday posts are pre-written, I wrote the last one too
Zantai_GD :There was just some copy paste error involved…
Zantai_GD :Not fair to say allminoxy is amateur hour

PydraKor :can u say sth about the retaliation changes? love your game =)
Zantai_GD :Stop by Monday for news on retaliation

A typical Zantai spoiler. You’re going to love this. The new a … a…

Grava finished off by saying:

“I’m not going to be doing regular or bi-weekly yet. Pretty soon, we’re getting further along in the expac and we’re going to start doing at least once a week like we did do and maybe towards the end bi-weekly again. Keep you guys informed on what’s going on and updated with everything on the expac before it comes out.”

:eek: Hope I’ve got enough extra slots!

From Grim Misadventure #145: Oaths Must be Kept:

This gave me flashbacks to Titan Quest’s gameplay:

Will we get likewise skills?

Back in ye’ olde days, Occultist’s Possession was a temporary buff that would function fairly similar to Colossus Form, including the player-model-growth…I always hated it. :smiley: The animation for it was so long.

If I’m not mistaken, Salazar used to grow also, with his version of Possession.

Anyways, the mechanic still very much exists in the modern GD engine, so who knows?

That would really be great to increase your character size.

Just be careful where you do it - otherwise you get stuck in a room and can’t get out until you shrink again. :smiley:

The revealed mastery combinations:

Soldier + Oathkeeper = Warlord
Nightblade + Oathkeeper = Dervish
Demolitionist + Oathkeeper = Shieldbreaker
Occultist + Oathkeeper = Sentinel
Arcanist + Oathkeeper = Templar
Shaman + Oathkeeper = Archon
Inquisitor + Oathkeeper = Paladin
Necromancer + Oathkeeper = Oppressor

Wasn’t this the actual reason it was removed, people getting stuck in rooms, not fitting in doors? I vaguely recall something like this.

we have known a lot about the expansion already. Class skill details about OK mastery and maybe ok armor and weapon set are what’s probably going to fill the last couple remaining adventure threads. Then September is spent on that alone and then comes October for the expected release date, hopefully! :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t think of what else Crate has left in mind to reveal in the last few FG threads

Oathkeeper skill names so far:

[b]- Ascension

• Aegis of Menhir
  • Avenging Shield
  • Reprisal
  • Haven
  • Vire’s Might
  • Shattering Smash
  • Judgement[/b]

these are no doubt the best skill names you can find in any arpg. The Oathkeeper’s arsenal is a force to be reckoned with.

now step aside lousy soldier! :stuck_out_tongue: