Forthcoming Forgotten Gods expac - what we know so far Part II

I didn’t really follow the latest updates so thanks for the write up.

If I remember correctly, a new rogue like dungeon won’t be part of the expansion. Were there hints about a possible rogue like a couple month after the release of Forgotten Gods similar to how they handled it with AoM and the Ancient Grove? An Eldritch based dungeon possibly?

No, no new rogue. We knew that a long time ago.

As for what else we may or may not get:

“Pokerkid777 :If Forgotten Gods ends up being the last expansion, how much longer do you expect GD to be supported with balance changes and bug fixes?
As long as it makes sense to. Just because we’re not going to work on a giant expansion doesn’t mean that we’ll just stop developing Forgotten Gods stuff. We have ideas for what we could do for post release stuff, whether that could be some new items or some more floors for end of dungeons, might even do some more story content potentially. We will see. And there’ll be additional balancing needed because there’ll be new items, there’s going to have to be some tweaks to make sure everything’s competitive and build diversity goes up.”

Thanks for posting this i missed it because i was watching it on my mobile.:rolleyes:

Made a bit better screenshot:

Cheers for posting the info medea.

I’ve probably missed this somewhere, but regards the Shattered Realm has anything been said about whether rifts work, or are there going to be merchants to sell loot to at intervals, as just wonder otherwise what to to with all the loot in an “endless” dungeon and limited inv?

Nothing was said Jaknet about either so I don’t know if riftgates will work or not. Considering it’s “free” to start off in SR though I would guess that they will since a skeleton isn’t needed to enter. Since you can also re-enter if (when) you die in there in the same game session that suggests it’s not losing the riftgate connection as the rogue dungeons do. And you’ll be able to use Waystones as starting points for particular floors.

“Pokerkid777 :So opening the portal doesn’t cost anything?
That’s correct. However, if you want to skip to a deeper Shard in the Shatter Realm you can craft Waystones which do cost resources and money. But that’s only if you want to start at a particular floor. But if you’re starting a new fresh run from the first Shard, it doesn’t cost anything at all.”

Merchants? No idea.

Maybe the idea is you go with as empty an inv as possible and try to fit just the best items in, still I guess it will all make sense once we get to try to break it :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I do that when I go into Chthonic rifts anyway and also the rare times I venture into a rogue.

Just they don’t have hundreds of floors with loot :wink:

That assumes you think you’ll get through hundreds of floors. I fully expect the Shattered Realm will shatter my builds quite early on. :eek:

I wonder how many players are going to be brave enough to venture in there with a hardcore character. The temptation to keep going just a few more levels versus losing the character and all that loot will probably drive them crazy. :stuck_out_tongue:

So technically we finally get to go south of Devil’s Crossing. I guess that’s good enough, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe the expansion will take us far enough north and west that we’ll get to repair the bridge from the other side instead. :smiley:

I’d say rifts won’t work as we can only exit by dying or completing them, rules out rifts imo

Um, yeah, forgotten that. The Forgotten Gods must be affecting my brain. :eek:

You dare liken yourself to a god?!

I should expect nothing less from an argonaut.

Sorceress and high priestess of Hecate if you don’t mind. Not to mention a princess since my father was King Aeëtes of Colchis as well as being a direct descendant of the sun god Helios. Oh, look - I just did. :smiley:

Argonaut and arrogance are spelt very similarly…Funny thing that. :stuck_out_tongue:

You were the one saying I likened myself to a god. I’m just proving you were right. :wink:

Could be me but i’m not seeing the gear that were shown in some older streams posted in this topic.

1st:

2nd:

No, because presumably you posted them in the previous thread (Part I). :smiley:

Well i could not find them in Part I. At least not in the start post. :eek:

Medea, as someone who doesn’t get on the streams often, I just wanna say thank you for doing this. If only because it’s good potty reading material :stuck_out_tongue:

Jokes aside, this is my go-to source for all things FG and I’m sure many others appreciate the crazy amount of effort you’ve put into this.